Print Thread
Hop To
#13985074 07/18/19
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Very light 16 very nice wood. In good shape very light firing rings around the pins..

Maker Picard Fayolle?

Anyone familiar?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

BP-B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Try posting this question on Doublegunshop.com or the Notssmbbs.com discussion boards. There are several French shotgun experts on those two boards.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Apparently they don't like Gmail addresses over there so I can't join

I'm going to assume the chokes have been opened and the chambers lengthened, as I can't imagine it came cyl/imp-cyl and 2-3/4 from the factory.

Damn thing locks up like a bank vault with no play what so ever

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I used to be a member of a site for Darne shotguns and they had sections for other French guns. I did a quick search, but I'm not seeing right now. Did you try shotgun world?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is a article I found on the gun maker.

http://www.translatetheweb.com/?ref=SERP&br=ro&mkt=en-US&dl=en&lp=FR_EN&a=http%3a%2f%2ftoepoint.com%2ffusil-picard-fayolle%2f

The shotgun mentioned could be one marked by him and made by someone else as Browning had shotguns made by Mirikou but marked Browning. It was quite a common practice in Europe. I have very old French 16 sxs that came off of a French Ocean liner it was nickel or chrome plated to protect it from salt spray, it has no makers name at all.

Clues to after market changes, are the barrels still in metric length, on the barrel flats do you see a 16-65 or just a 65 anywhere then it was originally a 2 1/2" chamber, a 2 /34 will have a 16-70 or just 70 on the flats. If there is no chamber designation on it, it was a 2 1/2" as it was built before it was needed.

If you can get pictures of the action and barrel flats it would be worthwhile to get on Doublegun even if you have to do it from someone elses computer at least you could monitor the responses on yours. They shape of the action, lever and location of the pins could pin down the maker if it was just retailed by Fayolle or more info on Fayolle might be forthcoming.

The sight mentioned above was the Geoffrey Gounet site and has shut down, I was a member there. I have a few French sxs's, Manufrance and Darne to shoot but I'm not a collector.

Last edited by erich; 07/24/19.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
O passed on it . Just too many unknowns.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It could have been a Belgian gun. There were Many small firms making double guns in Belgium. Most were good shotguns, and some were superior.

French guns I've seen were all well made and trim.

I stumbled upon a well used but still rock solid Manufrance 16ga Robust No. 4 for a giveaway price years ago and have dispatched many grouse and quail with it. It was Ms. Scarlet's favorite gun. wink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Molly-B died far too young. She was just getting used to it.
[Linked Image]

Cookie and Rocky guard it between seasons.
[Linked Image]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's a last year production MF Robust 12ga, it was found with the bottom half of the stock broken off so I replaced it with the bottom half of a old rifle stock I had laying around. I didn't feel like inletting the retractable sling into the stock so sold it for more than I paid for the whole shotgun.

[Linked Image]

Nice little Robust L2S, I'll swap you Robusts

Make mine a Minaska

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL...erich,

Mine's a 20-footer. At 20 feet it looks great. Up close it looks like I used it to club everything I killed with it.

You did a good job on that 12ga. cool

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I pass on anything and everything French except Brittany's! smile

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I pass on anything and everything French except Brittany's! smile

Too bad. They make very nice doubles.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes they do! Many of them will rival high end British guns. My Darne is a 12ga all steel and walnut and weighs in at 5 lb 15 oz and the action is strong enough that they built large bore double rifles on the same action. The Manufrance Ideal is beautiful and high end Robusts very nice and there are guns from smaller makers that would make your mouth drool.

Make mine a Minaska

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
527 members (10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 47 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,401,021
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.