-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have a Koda bow with a micro Excalibur front end.

I am thinking a hip quiver would be best as I am going to not be in a stand, and will need to be able to get a rest to shoot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I relocated the quiver to the top of my x-bow. Having it on the underside made it difficulte to use the sling on one shoulder.
I didn't know how I would like it to begin with but it is a big improvement to me.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Dunno, but I've got to figure out something myself. These things are about as awkward to carry as an open umbrella. I'm thinking
I need a way to carry one arrow ready for action and the rest can go on or in my pack. In a tree or on the ground, I remove the quiver anyway. Thinking about a smaller scope too.

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Dunno, but I've got to figure out something myself. These things are about as awkward to carry as an open umbrella. I'm thinking
I need a way to carry one arrow ready for action and the rest can go on or in my pack. In a tree or on the ground, I remove the quiver anyway. Thinking about a smaller scope too.

I agree, just carrying them off of the shoulder is a pain. I'm looking to try and make a harness type thing that will carry the weight of the x-bow. Kind of like a binocular harness that will take most of the weight of the bow from my arms but still be easily brought up into a shooting position. Primarily to be used while ground.hunting or slipping Through the woods.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Angus1895
I have a Koda bow with a micro Excalibur front end.

I am thinking a hip quiver would be best as I am going to not be in a stand, and will need to be able to get a rest to shoot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Angus - do you have a Picatinny rail on the forearm any where? How is the Micro bow attached to the barrel?

Excalibur has an option that I'm trying for a rail, that is solid.

I've used another quiver mount that got the quiver changed from the cross ways mounts, to running front to rear - but I'll have to look and see what brand it is.

Last edited by AH64guy; 07/11/19.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It has a picanty rail on the bottom.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Angus, go to YouTube and type in " make your own Excalibur crossbow quiver". It is a top mounted quiver.
This is where I got the basic design for my quiver mount. I used the old style "kwikee kwiver" arrow holder and mounting bracket. You can get them all day long off of eBay dirt cheap.

The quiver easily detaches from the bow and will attach to any other quiver bracket mounted on a tree stand, tree, or where ever. I don't think it would be to difficult to make a belt attached quick mount to carry the quiver on your hip at times.

Edited to add eBay link...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kwikee-Kwiver-Sidewinder/323855476755?hash=item4b674a6813:g:7fkAAOSwWHZbDxnZ

Last edited by tndrbstr; 07/13/19.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just put a small strap on the excal. quiver and hang it around my neck an arm stays behind my arm when walking. try it don't cost nothing I never liked to have the quiver on my bow

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Angus, a couple different things I am using:

This is Bohning product that uses your picatinny rail, and your existing quiver mount to run the quiver parallel to the body of the crossbow. I’ve used one for about 3-4 years on a Carbon Express x-bow, it’s worked for me pretty well.

https://bowhunterssuperstore.com/bohning-mount-crossbow-quiver-mounting-system-p-1872801.html

You can install it up on the sight rail, but I used it on the bottom of barrel with the rail, without any problems.

Excalibur has this mount, I just got one for my Micro. It’s more than I need, but after trying to fit a couple of other short rails on there, it was the simplest solution.

https://bowhunterssuperstore.com/excalibur-rail-quiver-mount-three-sided-p-1871682.html

Haven’t put this one in the field yet, but it will get tested soon. Holes line up, and it’s solid when mounted, but a tad bulky. I may trim the excess material off in the future.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I used a hip quiver attatched to my belt last year, worked well. Same quiver I have used for the last 20 years with recurve and compounds. I think it's called a Adams arrow holster, branded by Chuck Adams way back in the day. I hate having a quiver on a bow.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Talk to Chuck at Kodabow. He makes a quiver that can be used as a hip quiver.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the suggestions!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

587 members (10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 22250rem, 59 invisible), 2,169 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,286
Posts18,448,796
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.