Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
My brother has a Suzuki Rizla that is I believe a 2004 or so racing bike which he inherited. He would like to sell it , who here knows about these things and their worth or can point us in the right direction ?

Thanks in Advance

BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Try researching eBay and cycle trader for comparable models that sold. If that fails list it on eBay for a 14 day auction with tons of photos and no reserve
For the most part, it’s simply a used sport bike.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Try researching eBay and cycle trader for comparable models that sold. If that fails list it on eBay for a 14 day auction with tons of photos and no reserve
For the most part, it’s simply a used sport bike.

Its a little beyond a sport bike which is probably why there is so little info on it. It's a track bike whose previous owner raced it and actually street drove it (FL) . No headlights and it has been heavily customized as per his widow.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If it's an obsolete racer that's been butchered, and 15 years is pretty darn obsolete, it's probably not worth much at all.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
If it's an obsolete racer that's been butchered, and 15 years is pretty darn obsolete, it's probably not worth much at all.

Not been butchered at all, factory approved mods. It is like new, looks like a missile. Just want to see if anyone knows someone has knowledge of these. All I know is that a few of these were made for a particular country. That is the extent .

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don’t know what it’s worth. But it sure looks like something that Joe “ I used to have a dirtbike” Average probably shouldn’t climb onto. Suicide machine

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by TheKid
I don’t know what it’s worth. But it sure looks like something that Joe “ I used to have a dirtbike” Average probably shouldn’t climb onto. Suicide machine

Da hell you say! I'd love to run that thing through the gars a few times, and I've never even heard of one.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

14K redline, brother says his friend drove it over 200. He was a phugging perfectionist with anything he owned and had some serious stuff, boats, cars, planes and helicopters.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ebay is still your best bet because the bike can’t be licensed for the street the way it is now.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If had tons of race bikes. It looks like a mid 2000’s Suzuki GSXR. Is it a 600, 750, or 1k? Looks to be a street bike with aftermarket fairings and a sticker kit. I see a few goodies on it.......suspension, exhaust system and a few other things. As something that’s unstreetable and track use only it’s not worth much. 3-4K in my opinion. Now if there was to prove it was a factory works bike or had some provenance it could be worth a little more. And there ain’t no way that bike has been 200mph. There has been a gentleman’s agreement between the manufacturers to limit all bike to 186 for whatever reason. Even deristricted that bike wouldn’t hit 200. My guess is the gearing has been messed with and the speedo reads way high. Hope this helps.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Stix
If had tons of race bikes. It looks like a mid 2000’s Suzuki GSXR. Is it a 600, 750, or 1k? Looks to be a street bike with aftermarket fairings and a sticker kit. I see a few goodies on it.......suspension, exhaust system and a few other things. As something that’s unstreetable and track use only it’s not worth much. 3-4K in my opinion. Now if there was to prove it was a factory works bike or had some provenance it could be worth a little more. And there ain’t no way that bike has been 200mph. There has been a gentleman’s agreement between the manufacturers to limit all bike to 186 for whatever reason. Even deristricted that bike wouldn’t hit 200. My guess is the gearing has been messed with and the speedo reads way high. Hope this helps.

It was sent to a dealer in France from the factory in limited quantities just like you see it . It is a factory works bike ,That much I do know. I am sure he had it modified to go and stop faster. You have no way to know if it has been 200 or more . Read up a little more on it before you speculate. If someone knows of a person that collects these or has more insight into them let me know. Useless Speculation is not helping .

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The “Rizla” scheme IS a limited edition from Suzuki. Just like the Repsol was from Honda. The Moviestar Honda, the monster energy Yamaha etc. They are stock bikes with fancy race replica paint schemes. I’m NOT saying that’s what this is for sure. If it’s a real race bike then it most likely doesn’t have a title. Only a manufactures state of origin being that it was never intended for the road. Post more pics of the forks and suspension bits. Unless someone has worked some kind of magic on that bike it has NEVER seen 200 mph. The top and I mean top Motogp bikes today have way way way more power and only make it to 215 at the most. Most bikes are geared down for the track. It makes the speedo read high. I’m not [bleep] on his bike. You asked for opinions and I gave you one. Take care.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Contact this motorcycle shop https://www.struthersbros.com/ Ask for Lee Struthers or offer to send some pictures. He collects some unusual stuff and he may be interested. They have some of Lee's collection on the floor at the shop.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
You can tell that from 2 pictures? If it was a "scheme" then 2 Suzuki dealers in FLorida were not aware of them . You can google the serial number and name and come up with at least that information. Problem is where he lives no one knows what it is or what it is worth. As far as the speed I go by what the guy told my brother. He could drive that on the street in Fl and he raced it at the track. He had racing boats, motorcycles,ferraris,planes you name it . He lived overseas most of the year and had houses all over the world and that is as far as I will go. You can see LAP TIMER box on the lower picture, would he have that for street driving? There is no title.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Does it have a 'power shift system' ?

A track lap transponder is an inexpensive devise - $150 -$200 most guys who ride track days have them .

From looking a the RPM tach , very likely it's a GSXR 750cc bike , 600's generally rev a couple of thousand rpm's higher .

If the bike were built by the factory differently than a stock bike and I'm not talking about adding a power commander and header , a full race motor , high compression , lots of head work , titanium valvetrain , tuned to run on oxigenated race fuel which was $28 per gallon 20 years ago , transmission gears cut differently . Pure racing machines sound quite diffent and don't run on pump gasoline .
I didn't see anything safety wired - big clue it's not a factory racebike .

Anyway if the bike had the things mentioned it would cost 10X what a hobby/supersport track bike would cost .
Racebikes are generally beat to hell and rough looking soon after being used .
Speculation $ ,, about the same as a low mileage primo condition unmolested same model same year bike .
With the performance bike people nothing but the latest greatest will do , they view it like a used smart phone.

I hope you post what you find out about it's history , nice looking machine . I've had a couple of gsxr 750's a 2002 turned into a trackbike . Yeah ancient history I know .
Send an email to suzuki race dept. .

P.S.
Stix , comments are as good as you'll get imo .

Last edited by ol_mike; 07/27/19.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Does it have a 'power shift system' ?

A track lap transponder is an inexpensive devise - $150 -$200 most guys who ride track days have them .

From looking a the RPM tach , very likely it's a GSXR 750cc bike , 600's generally rev a couple of thousand rpm's higher .

If the bike were built by the factory differently than a stock bike and I'm not talking about adding a power commander and header , a full race motor , high compression , lots of head work , titanium valvetrain , tuned to run on oxigenated race fuel which was $28 per gallon 20 years ago , transmission gears cut differently . Pure racing machines sound quite diffent and don't run on pump gasoline .
I didn't see anything safety wired - big clue it's not a factory racebike .

Anyway if the bike had the things mentioned it would cost 10X what a hobby/supersport track bike would cost .
Racebikes are generally beat to hell and rough looking soon after being used .
Speculation ,, about the same as a low mileage primo condition unmolested same model same year bike .
With the performance bike people nothing but the latest greatest will do , they view it like a used smart phone.

I hope you post what you find out about it's history , nice looking machine . I've a couple of gsxr 750's a 2002 turned into a trackbike . Yeah ancient history I know .
Send an email to suzuki race dept. .

P.S.
Stix , comments are as good as you'll get imo .

We have emailed them over a year ago, they never answered. Most likely because the bike was not imported by Suzuki USA.

Mike would a bike be shipped without a Speedometer?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

14K redline, brother says his friend drove it over 200. He was a phugging perfectionist with anything he owned and had some serious stuff, boats, cars, planes and helicopters.

12,500 rpm redline the rev limiter cuts the fire to a couple of cylinders shortly after .

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Does it run on pump gas ?

Posted by Bristoe
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Does it run on pump gas ?

Mike I do not honestly know. The owner died 6 years ago.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Understand .

Here's a suzuki gsxr forum - you know how forums are - bloodhounds who'll sniff anything out ,, thankfully .
Someone there will know , if you've already tried there - forget everything I just wrote ,, smile .

https://www.gixxer.com/forums/

Posted by Bristoe
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
734 members (02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 90 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,928
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.