A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Origin of life questions have nothing to do with evolution science. It's a different field, and largely speculative.

He gets into the evolution a bit as well.

Looks like he's saying that what happened couldn't have happened. That's a pretty weak starting position.

What does he know? He was just named one of the 50 most influential scientists in the world.

On this subject, less than this guy:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
BP-B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Neil Degrasse Tyson!??? Bwaaaaaaaaaa.......

[Linked Image]

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Neil Degrasse Tyson!??? Bwaaaaaaaaaa.......

[Linked Image]

I figured that would bring out the racist in you.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
What? Was Bill Nye unavailable? Lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Starman

more precisely, the substance of faith is something purely IMAGINED due to the complete absence of PROOF.
..... ....

There seems to be a preference for magical explanations, research and discovery coming a poor second.

The thing about magic [or illusion] is that the audience members brains can convince them of something
that didn't actually happen in the way they like to believe....which brings us to the subject of delusion and myths.

people can be led to falsely believe the cantaloupe (rockmelon) was under the magicians hat on the table,
then led to falsely believe it disappeared.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Origin of life questions have nothing to do with evolution science. It's a different field, and largely speculative.

Looks like he's saying that what happened couldn't have happened. That's a pretty weak starting position.

What does he know? He was just named one of the 50 most influential scientists in the world.

But it's always non-biologists.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

But it's always non-biologists.

He is one of the most preeminent nano chemist in the world and the origin of life was completely a chemical affair if you hold with current theories. He is probably one of, if not the most qualified man in the world to discuss the chemical processes necessary to create life as current science says that it was. You should do yourself a favor and actually watch the video.

Last edited by JoeBob; 07/26/19.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by xxclaro
I've read the old Testament, and to me it seems obvious that many of the stories are not meant to be taken literally. Alot of it would be ridiculous if you took the events depicted as being literally true.

I don't see that evolution being true means there is no God. Why would it? It just means that the creation myths aren't literally true stories, but why does it matter? Do they need to be true stories for God to exist?

I have no opinion on the matter,really, because I'm simply not educated enough on the issue to really understand it. I can listen to one side of the argument and be like"yeah that sounds right and very convincing"....but then I'll watch a video from the other side and think then same thing. I guess i don't care enough about how it happened to put in the effort to do the huge amount of research it would take to really understand it.

Again, thanks. This has fugged with me for years. I always was more sure in disbelief but really anymore I just don't know. I don't doubt, but remember only bits, about DNA and such formally learned. The other just doesn't make any sense but generally I agree with the value set. Literal seems to work for some folks and it's hard for me wrap my head around it. Ain't never known folks closely that would profess the literal... All free to do our own thing.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

He is one of the most preeminent nano chemist in the world and the origin of life was completely a chemical affair if you hold with current theories. He is probably one of, if not the most qualified man in the world to discuss the chemical processes necessary to create life as current science says that it was. You should do yourself a favor and actually watch the video.

It doesn't matter who he is. Science does not come down to the authority, belief or view of one man.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Materialistic evolution — the process of chance perturbations (and then mutations, almost off of which are fatal) over billions of years leading to all life from a common ancestor — is a philosophy, not hard science. A world view whose attitude of human arrogance emanating from the enlightenment and then the father of geology, Charles Lyle, in the1700’s and early 1800’s, wanting to describe a geology countering “the Moses account” needing billions of years of slow processes called Uniformitarianism.

He set the stage for the acceptance of billions of years which in 1859 Charles Darwin (also a non-believer) built on with his ”Origens.” This gave a ”possible” worldview many found easier to believe than a sovereign God they were accountable to. Darwin’s Science was at an elementary level and the rest conjecture.

Where did any original material come from in the first place?
There are no transitional fossils in the record nor living ones?
There is more than a whole set of encyclopedia Britannica’s information in one simple cell. Where does information directing the cell come from? Where does New information come from in the presumed increasing complexity of creatures? (The electron microscope was not even around until the early 20th century. Darwin had no idea of the complexity of the cell.). Crick of DNA fame and an atheist, has realized the total lack of credibility in evolution and has decided on transpermia — that “we” were “seeded” from someplace in outer space!!!
There are arguably fifty or so physical constants that off one place behind the decimal point would make this globe uninhabitable — you might say it was custom-fitted for human habitation.
You can direct genetic traffic within a species to make different varieties but each time there is a loss of genetic information. There is never a gain in genetic information — you cannot go from the Pomeranian back to the wolf.
C14- and radioisotope dating that everyone hangs their hat on are rife with interpretation problems and bias.

I don’t have the time to go on but a question: why do you think the ID (Intelligent Design) movement got started in the ‘90’s? Because there is too much genetic information and complexity, and the scientific knowledge (true hard science) that has been gained shows pure materialistic evolution to a dream’s fantasy. It’s so deeply imbedded in academia and the sciences and culture as dogma that it will die a slow death but it is dying in your life time.

The blithely made statements made out of complete ignorance here are always amazing. I.e., there wasn’t room on the ark for all the animals? Perhaps, say, 80% of the animals were insects and small creatures and the behemoth kind were very young or juveniles. Also these “kinds” were not species but a higher category of immense genetic information from which species and varieties could be later generated.

Fearing God is the beginning of wisdom.

You are just wrong on EVERY level.

Where did God come from in the first place?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It's just the god of the gaps fallacy repeated over and over in different ways.....we don't know how the universe came about (it may be cyclic), well, god did it. We don't know how life got started, well, god did it.

What is this thing called god? How did god come about? By what magic was the universe created....

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by DBT
What is this thing called god? How did god come about? By what magic was the universe created....

By the same token, why can't the @sshole "scientists" admit that they can't explain things that have happened in the universe?

When "science" can't bullshit its way outta a paper bag, the "scientists" belittle theological beliefs, as if that proves the crapass theories put forth by "scientists".

Whether taken literally or not, the theological explanations for known events can at times make more sense than the "scientific" theories put forth.

Which is an embarrassment to "scientists".

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by DBT

By the same token, why can't the @sshole "scientists" admit that they can't explain things that have happened in the universe?

When "science" can't bullshit its way outta a paper bag, the "scientists" belittle theological beliefs, as if that proves the crapass theories put forth by "scientists".

Whether taken literally or not, the theological explanations for known events can at times make more sense than the "scientific" theories put forth.

Which is an embarrassment to "scientists".

So...who are these scientists you speak of? Who are these scientists that claim to have all the answers?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Impossible ta tell if you're only playin stupid, or the real thing.

If you've read this thread, there's not a single event in the 4.5 billion years the planet's been spinnin, that can't be explained "scientifically" by somebody that gets paid ta explain it.

If you've not read it alla the way through, it'll give ya somethin ta do.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Assuming you are special isn't arrogant, unless you are Jewish. 'THIS IS ONLY IN RESPECT TO RELIGION'

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Impossible ta tell if you're only playin stupid, or the real thing.

If you've read this thread, there's not a single event in the 4.5 billion years the planet's been spinnin, that can't be explained "scientifically" by somebody that gets paid ta explain it.

If you've not read it alla the way through, it'll give ya somethin ta do.

Not a good idea mentioning the word 'stupid.' Irony meters can be expensive to fix. Plus it's an assumption of righteousness, that you, yourself have the answers while all who disagree are idiots.

Even then you get it wrong, the question was not about planetary formation but claims of scientists knowing the origin of the universe and life.

I asked you who these scientists are, but instead got a display ot mock outrage.

The ones who do claim to have the answers to the origin of the universe, life and its purpose are theists.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
in 2019 , iF a person 'Abraham style' went/ attempted to take their young son up a mountain to blood sacrifice them to a God
they would be arrested , convicted and imprisoned even by an all christian jury.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Or quickly put into a Psyche ward.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well now they claim to have the original Nazareth street address where Jesus grew up.

but we are still waiting on what his actual birthday was and what he looked like.

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org...-the-childhood-home-of-jesus-been-found/

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by DBT

It doesn't matter who he is. Science does not come down to the authority, belief or view of one man.

What science? You people prove the original point more and more with every post. Here you have a man who has over 130 patents, who has published over 750 peer reviewed articles, who has done some of the most ground breaking work in the world in synthetic and organic chemistry. He has done all of that. And you guys scream “Science”. What science? As he repeatedly says, he isn’t interested in dogma. Show him the mechanics of how something happened. Show him how it was done. Because based on his experience, expertise, and knowledge he has seen nothing from anyone to demonstrate that anyone has the faintest clue of what actually happened.

As he states, the current “science” on the subject of how life began amounts to putting some turkey cold cuts, a beak, some feathers, and a few bones in an oven and saying “Given a few million/billion years a turkey is bound to emerge at some point.”

Page 15 of 117 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
118 members (6mmCreedmoor, 257 mag, 160user, 35, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 15 invisible), 1,766 guests, and 825 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.