Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I wasn't drinking at the time, but I was chatting with my kid and gun brokering (bad idea). Threw in a bid randomly fully expecting to be outbid. Won the stupid thing. Won a Remington SPS LH 300 Win Mag. Never had a 300. Wanted one a long time. Don't need one at all. The thinking portion of me would have one built that will be accurate to fully utilize the BC, Grains and HP.

I have a very accurate SPS LH in 7mm Rem Mag. It's riding in a Bell and Carlson stock with full aluminum bedding "chassis". Shoots great. Recoil is mild due to its 9.5+ pounds All Up. I will scope and shoot this new 300 in same stock. Check it for accuracy. Rifle is used. Looks new from the picture. Comes with a Boyd's laminate stock as well (So I guess if it goes BANG it wasn't completely stupid for $440). The Boyd's may end up being utilized. But it's a semi radical cheek piece. Think it's a Prairie Hunter. Will see.

I have some McM. Sold some. Always wanted a McWoody. Inquiring if there are any LH LA 700 McMs in the corner collecting dust that I may be interested in, and you can pedal to free some cash?

Also wanted to ask.....Wyatt's boxes. In a 700.....how much of a pain is the swap? I posted about removing the spacer in a LH Win 70 in 338 in effort to utilize the whole magazine, and it seems it's a bit of a chore. Suggest buying new follower, box and spring for 375HH. Same for the 700 LA? That is generally the issue with most factory 300 WM is AOL and factory mag box space? Remingtons have same issue?

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not sure of this will help..

Greyboe has a custom shop now. Will do LH. ( from Internet jabber, not first hand knowledge)

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Greyboe (Redhawk Rifles) is pissing me off!. At the 9 week mark of a LH Terrain SA order. Logging in...see my order canceled. Status: No backorder. Called Redhawk. Assured the Greyboe team was just there this week and they are going to complete the orders in cue. Waiting

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You'll need a smith to open the bottom of the mag well mortise on the action for the Wyatts box. Getting them to feed is not a problem, contrary to what lots of smiths say.

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
THat's milling out the ADL 3rd action screw, yes?

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Having purchased a LH Grayboe for a PRS-style build I can't say I would recommend them. I got the Renegade stock and it has a LOT of flex in the forearm - more than the old Savage factory synthetic stocks. I had to sand the piss out of the barrel channel to get the barrel to free-float when on a bipod. Every time I would sand it out to where it was free-floating, then let it sit overnight on the bipod, it would be touching the next morning. I also find the reach to the trigger is noticeably on the short side even though I have average size hands (size medium gloves).

I can only imagine how bad the flex would be in their more hunting oriented sporter-style Outlander stock with so much less material in the forearm. Granted most wouldn't likely be using it with a bipod, but it would flex the same on shooting sticks or resting on a pack, rock or log in the field.

Last edited by MrFurious; 07/30/19.

As long as there's still lead in the air, there's still hope!

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Weird....bought a right handed Renegade for my kid to dump his 223 Tactical in. It's Heavy AF and very stout and solid. Zero flex. Camo paint kinda sucks, but stock was drop in and and super stiff.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Yeah it's heavy and it's plenty solid in the grip area, but just lots of flex in the forearm. The recoil lug pocket in mine was just over 0.400" wide which didn't help matters any as that seemed to be the flex point best I could tell. Bedding the lug pocket helped a little, but it still flexes a lot more than it should.

As long as there's still lead in the air, there's still hope!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 77 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,118
Posts18,464,562
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.