Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

OLIGHT R20 Javelot. 100-800 lumens.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I prefer the OLIGHT brand from BatteryJunction.com

They have worked better and are brighter than any other brand I’ve owned.
I especially like these two models:

https://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-s1r-ii-baton-flashlight.html

https://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-r20-javelot.html

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep.

These guys are really good, too:

https://www.olightstore.com/

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Lonny
Nitcore NU20 or NU25... you won’t need to recharge it for the average trip.

Brad, Thanks for the tip on the headlamp was just thinking the other day it was time for an upgrade.

You'll like the Nitecore. I use theNU20 as I never found I use the red light feature on any headlamp I owned (the NU25 has a red light feature). The NU20 weighs 1.9oz, which is 1.5oz's less than my BD rechargeable headlamp. Same lumens (360) at high setting. Another nice thing about the Nitcore is it has a built-in safety so it can't be accidentally turned on inside a pack. All-in-all, I've not found a better rechargeable headlamp.

I like the red light option in buggy areas.

I just bought a BD Spot headlamp and It's lighter than most with great battery life and excellent lighting features. My only issue with it is the switch being almost flush with the body of the light. Works great in my hand but I can miss it when it's on my melon. Can't imagine using it with gloves.

I'd like to find a lightweight headlamp with good white and red light, light weight, and a dead solid reliable and prominent switch.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Zebralight headlamp serves as my only light source. On an average 5-7 day backpack hunt, I'll bring an extra battery but I never have to change it. This includes hiking in dark, hiking out in dark, and all camp light including reading in the bag....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by johnw

I'd like to find a lightweight headlamp with good white and red light, light weight, and a dead solid reliable and prominent switch.

If you read my post, you'll see what you're after...

(the NU25 has a red light feature)

The BD Spot is frankly not in the same league as either two Nitcore's.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll check it out, Brad. Thanks

Great thing about these are that they are all pretty affordable.

I do still carry a flashlight in my shirt pocket or clipped in my collar. The streamlight stylus pro is so small and so useful that it is indispensable for me. Casual slacks and a polo shirt and it tucks right under the bottom button almost invisibly.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

H
H
Camofire has a 250 lumen headlamp that has your high, medium and low white light but the green light is very bright and has a 40 hour battery run time. Lights up the trail well and is lite weight, 3 AAA batteries and more. Sold also at Blackorvis

$15.99 each so buy like five.......your buddy will want one when you turn on the green light.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

So, has anybody been using rechargable flashlights in their daypacks or backpack trips?

Bought a Anker rechargeable this winter and am kinda' liking it. Thinking about getting a smaller one for my daypack.

Pros, Cons, Thoughts?

Casey, I am still using the little Surefire Titan Ti light. Not rechargeable, but the single CER123 battery lasts for ever. The included lanyard is long enough to hang it over your neck, the light then provides plenty of illumination for walking around, or in your tent.

Sam......

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Haven't tried a rechargeable but I havea streamlight twintask 1l I bought a few years ago. Tough little flashlight.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
707 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 74 invisible), 2,686 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,683
Posts18,399,735
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.