Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Anybody know what's at the root of the problems in Puerto Rico with them ousting the Governor? I haven't read up on it but my first guess is drug money is involved...

Anyone know the scoop?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BS in the press has it he was video recorded saying mean things about people.

Not like me at all, I never said anything mean about all the azzholes I ever knew. Always careful to not hurt their pathetic little feelers.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Da fugg do I dare about portorico...

I'll say this, sounds like he was talking smack on da innanet and got his ass in a sling. I couldn't care less. Like to have a beer with the guy actually.

Drug money? No idea.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
What's wrong? Puerto Ricans, that's what. Plain old corruption and talking BS on texts about women. THAT is what got him. Anyway, that island is corrupted from one end to the other. Nobody works, mostly on welfare from you people...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yep.
Dan has it.

Turns out most elected officials dont respect the electorate.

Who knew?

I am MAGA.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jorgeI
What's wrong? Puerto Ricans, that's what. Plain old corruption and talking BS on texts about women. THAT is what got him. Anyway, that island is corrupted from one end to the other. Nobody works, mostly on welfare from you people...

Boricua Indians in the mix enough said. Many years ago I used to date an Eastern Airlines Stewardess. She had the NY to San Juan Flight and a few times a month the Indios would fly to NY to get their Welfare check and then head home on the next flight.

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Yeah...but is that REALLY it?

Is there some underlying bad stuff going on? And they're using that as an excuse?

I know, I know..its never happened before....not with Noriega in Panama, not with the past President of Mexico, or of Colombia...or the United states....

Call me whimsical..I sometimes don't believe what the media is telling me....

Last edited by ingwe; 07/29/19.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PR has issues. The raise in minimum raise really caused problems there. There were many jobs in tourism for $7/hr that all went away at $10+/hr. People could get 40-50 hours per week working hotels and restaurants and get by. Sometimes they'd have 2 jobs to get those hours, but they worked what ever they wanted and were glad to have it. Once those jobs were gone, the welfare rolls swelled. Hurricane really crippled them. All that according to my sources that have family in PR.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Yeah...but is that REALLY it?

Is there some underlying bad stuff going on? And they're using that as an excuse?

I know, I know..its never happened before....not with Noriega in Panama, not with the past President of Mexico, or of Colombia...or the United states....

Call me whimsical..I sometimes don't believe what the media is telling me....

There is nothing secret about what is happening in PR. It is a welfare state with unbelievable corruption. They will never recover from the Hurricane because of this fact. If they get wacked with another one it will be over for all intents and purposes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The govt is slow to rebuild their tin sheds and chicken coops for them since Maria.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Also, was this the same governor who ran is mouth as an anti-Trump Dem after the hurricane?

Seems to me PR got better care than the Florida panhandle has. Dems don't want the Red panhandle to recover so have withheld funding.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hatari
Also, was this the same governor who ran is mouth as an anti-Trump Dem after the hurricane?

Seems to me PR got better care than the Florida panhandle has. Dems don't want the Red panhandle to recover so have withheld funding.

I believe that was the Female mayor of San Juan. I know Obongo shipped a bunch of PR's over to Orlando, I wonder if they are back home or still in Orlando.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by slumlord
The govt is slow to rebuild their tin sheds and chicken coops for them since Maria.

I say ship them as many Formaldehyde infested FEMA trailers as they can handle.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
43% of the PR population is on food stamps, and 27% on welfare. PR does not pay federal income tax.

https://checkyourfact.com/2019/03/30/fact-check-43-percent-puerto-rico-food-stamps/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxation_in_Puerto_Rico

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

A few local younger men worked in Puerto Rico doing reconstruction from hurricane Maria damage. The ones I talked with said their infrastructure already was a shambles well before the hurricane due to mainly the usual government and law enforcement corruption, payoffs, waste. Decades of financial aid from other countries and entities pocketed instead of spent on infrastructure upgrades and expansions as it was supposed to be. New equipment that was bought or donated 'disappeared' before it could be installed.

A son-in-law worked in restoring their electricity there all last year and daughter and grand kids spent the better part of last summer there with him. They loved it in the areas where they stayed. Like so many other island tourist traps, though, beautiful beaches, scenery, historic sites and friendly native people but away from the main tourist areas a dangerous, stinking, drug ridden, sub-poverty conditions, chit-hole.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Hey! The Riveria club was booming in ‘77! Right across the street from the docks in old town San Juan! What a place!!!

Last edited by kaywoodie; 07/29/19.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by joken2

the usual government and law enforcement corruption, payoffs, waste. Decades of financial aid from other countries and entities pocketed instead of spent on infrastructure upgrades and expansions as it was supposed to be. New equipment that was bought or donated 'disappeared' before it could be installed.

That's what I heard. PR had something like 300 different government agencies...

Quando omni flunkus moritati
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
We should cut the whole damn place loose , let're sink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What happened to the hurricane relief money the 50 billion dollars? They got more than Texas and Louisiana.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 07/29/19.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Fugging welfare island.
Should just 86 the mutha fugga,s and let em be their own failed nation...
Insted of a bunch of titty babies on my taxpaying nickel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (160user, 300_savage, 222Sako, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 66 invisible), 2,519 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,510
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.