Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I get 2 blades to fly just fine. But am running higher FOC.
Also never popped em over 280 FPS
Everything gets 4" helical feathers w decent offset too

Last edited by hookeye; 07/30/19.
BP-B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
with my 2 blade with bleeders Zwickey eskimos i gotta keep them under 250 FPS and they fly very nice then. but for distance this set-up fall`s out of the sky quickly too. 30 yards is my max but where i sit for bucks its thick and that would be a long shot anyway my set-up is very quiet.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Used to shoot Bear SuperRazorheads with the chisel point. Shot one through a deer one fall on a hard quartering angle and it cut 5 ribs in half like a bandsaw, two on the entry side and 3 going out. I was amazed. When I rarely get out to bow hunt these days I use some old Grizzly single bevels on cedar shafts. They’ll plow through some bone too but they’re a PITA to sharpen.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by hookeye
I get 2 blades to fly just fine. But am running higher FOC.
Also never popped em over 280 FPS
Everything gets 4" helical feathers w decent offset too

I run 75gr brass inserts and I believe the lightest arrow shaft I hunt with is at 11gr per inch. Like I said I am sure someone will come along and say that 2 blades fly fine. Fine is subjective, and I can get them to fly fine too. But you, me, or anyone else isn't getting them to fly better than three or four blade. Simple as physics and you can't change physics. But fine is good to go for some people. I prefer to get my setup as close to perfection as I can. If a two blade design held an advantage over three and four blade designs they would be selling a lot more two blade over three and four blades.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
j_elky Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Good discussion guys, appreciate the input.

I was just looking at the Vipertricks, thoughts?

Jeff

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Love them - if you want to try a couple, I could send them - I should a few extras in the practice box .

For me - two elk, two pass-through with them - and two bulls down with another member in my hunting group using them.

They are a bit more squirrelly out of a speed bow, but fly good for me with accurate tune.

Last edited by AH64guy; 07/30/19.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I dunno what Magnus Stinger sales are.

They still in biz pushing their crappy 2 blades? LOL

FWIW I always run 125 gr heads.

Like a 3 blade because it cuts a hole, not a slit. Has nothing to do w flight.
Tore the chit out of the center of my buds Block target w em.
May have had to make minor vert adj.
HHA.
Zero windage adj.

I swapped out the vert pin front for a Viper 340 front and used one horiz pin.
Ripped stupid level out too.

Pretty good sight then, for 150..............yrs ago.

No probs w reg Stinger 2 blade. Shot a deer and didn't like the amount of red. Went bleeder model.
Mucho bettero.

Still not as good as those big honkin Snuffer heads..................I only shot them trad.
My fave.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Had a guy w a Bowtech Pro 40 dually cranked to 80# and he shot one of my carbons w Snuffer and it shot well.
Shocked the hell out of him.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

Wondering what rotation/stabilization diff there is between Blazer, Speed Hunter and Orig Quickspin.
I always thought the Quickspin was too much.
Really could tell from 35 to 45 yards.
Buddy won IBO with em, but Hunter Class Triple Crown (max D 35).

j_elky Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the offer, but I will just buy a 4 pack of the 125's to try out.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Just looked at the vipertricks, good looking head, lots of great reviews too

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Ive shot the G5 Striker and Montecs....plus Snuffer SS ( all 3 blades)......and wonder how much their smaller size aids in tuning.

Never had probs shooting any of em.

But do wonder....a bit on the small size

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by j_elky
What do you all like for a two blade broadhead? Magnus, Grizzly?

I'm thinking of something a bit heavier, say 125 gr or 150 gr.

I'll be shooting them at deer and eventually elk.

thanks....Jeff

I do not shoot 2 blade heads. I am killing deer with a crossbow and I have penetration and speed to throw in the toilet. If I could get a four blade head with two sets of 2 inch blades I'd shoot that. # blade heads do a OK job 4 blade with a set of bleeders that are an inch and a set of cutters that are 1 7/8 or 2 inch are better. I have had 3 blade heads that were tough to keep flying well and I found that if I got them perfectly straight they mostly were not too bad to use, but Putting them on a spinner just before a shot at Bambi was not pratical. Muzzy 3s and NAP thunderheads are pretty good, but NAP Spitfire Double cross 4s have never given me trouble accuracy wise and never failed to open all 4 blades through a dozen deer.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by j_elky
Good discussion guys, appreciate the input.

I was just looking at the Vipertricks, thoughts?

Jeff

I like the Viper Trick shot it a little bit, killed a few whitetail with them. It flew and spun well for me. But I love COC so it is Razor Tricks for me.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by hookeye
I dunno what Magnus Stinger sales are.

They still in biz pushing their crappy 2 blades? LOL

Like a 3 blade because it cuts a hole, not a slit. Has nothing to do w flight.

No probs w reg Stinger 2 blade. Shot a deer and didn't like the amount of red. Went bleeder model.
Mucho bettero.

I will play along with your little game.

"I dunno what Magnus Stinger sales are.

They still in biz pushing their crappy 2 blades? LOL"

Nobody said they were crappy for one. Second nobody said they weren't still in business. A lot of products sell enough to stay in business. That doesn't mean their product is the cat's azz! As it doesn't mean that the product is crappy either. Just that there are better out there.

I am really sorry that you don't understand flight dynamics. But shoot what works for you.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Hi there- I much prefer a well made and razor sharp 2 blade. I shoot traditional equipment now, but have taken 90% of my deer and antelope and all of my bull elk with them when hunting with my cam bows. Penetration has always been pass-through with blood that Ray Charles could follow and trails that are very short. Shot placement will always outweigh blade count... Currently I think the single bevel Cutthroats and the double bevel VPA's are both strong contenders. I do like the Kudu's, but they won't hold up to solid shoulder hit on a big bull as well as the other two I mentioned. They do cut a very nasty hole though,and several of my buds will use nothing else. To be honest, i have used very successfully the old Bear Razorhead w/o the bleeders on at least 15 of my bucks and bulls. I don't have anything against a good cut on contact 3 blade at all. They fly great, cut a big hole, and are easy to tune. I am just a 2 blade guy I guess, cuz they always work for me.

j_elky Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
MCH,

Curious, what do you see as the advantage of a COC head?

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I'm probably going to use Magnus Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts this year, but in the 4 blade version. Have had a hell of a time getting anything to fly good off the wifes little bow, turns out Zwickey 175gr 2 blades shoot great, so that's what she'll be shooting....well 160's actually, since I can't find 175's around here

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[quote=j_elky]MCH,

Curious, what do you see as the advantage of a COC head

i feel i get a much better blood trail ,animals seem to die faster for me. and my Zwickeys i sharpen have went thru a nice buck`s shoulder too
broadhead still looked good and this buck died fast too. i never had had a expandble broadhead do as much damage,or bleed as much as a hand sharpened cut on impact broadhead,i am talking about alot of deer for both types of broadheads killed over 50 years of killin deer with a bow and my friends and son`s deer too. but its a free world use what feel works best for you.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I understand vortices and drag.
Plus other.

Just don't have probs shooting 2 or 3 blade heads out to 50 yards.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
643 members (257_X_50, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,942 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,661
Posts18,399,311
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.