-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great story Jerry! Congratulations Buddy!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Fantastic... Congratulations!!!

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks Men, I told the old Gent this morning, "Hey Buddy, I gave you a damn 30 dollar box of bullets, you gave me a gate key and a big buck deer, I think you got ripped off" "No I didn't son" he said, as I saw his eyes misting up, it was just a dang cool day I was more than proud to be a part of. smile

Trump Won!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Awesome story and great animal, Gunner!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
You're quiet welcome KW, and Thanks again for posting the pics, I just staggered through the shower fixing to sack out, got my rubber boots by the door, will be walking out those wet clearcuts over in Arkansas in the morning with that Big 58, maybe i'll get lucky and jump one up.

Trump Won!
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Gunner! Anytime a fine critter presents itself at less than a hunnert yards, take the shot!!!

(But I didn’t havta tell you that!! wink )

Dang right! and how'd I miss this post? smile

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
Many Thanks for posting the pics KW, and thank you too CHLI.

This buck came about in a funny way, the old Gent you see holding the buck in the second pic is the same one I've spent the last two days between rain storms working on getting his guns cleaned, oiled, zeroed, sighted in and ready to go, a Ruger semi auto 22 pistol, Ruger 9mm pistol and his inline muzzle loader, the pistols were dry and dirty, found three bad mags in what must have been over a dozen, I asked if I could have or buy his bad mags, he ask why, I said so I can bust em with that short shop hammer there and throw em in the trash so YOU or no one else will get killed trying to use them, he laughed and said get to busting! I DID! grin

Caught a break in the rain at 9:30 yesterday morning, I called him and said get your muzzle loader over here so we can get you zeroed, he's 81 years old and only shoots two 50 grain 777 pellets, he had some sabots, I gave him a box of 45 cal 250gr XTP's, went to my bench and got him zeroed at 100 yards, went back to the house, ran a cleaning patch through his bore followed by a couple dry ones, dropped in two pellets and sent a saboted XTP home for him, found a couple 50 cal speed loaders, loaded them up too.

As he was wiping his rifle off, he said, it's going to be misting rain in the morning with a nice N/NW wind, why don't you come and take a walk through the oaks behind my house, the acorns are dropping and the bucks are getting the girls on their minds, I shook his hand and said ill be there at 6:10 am, I was working my way North through a flat in the oaks headed up the mountain, this crazy buck came off the mountain with the wind dead in his back throwing his nose in the air with every other step, I threw the 58 up, braced off the side of an oak tree. hit the set trigger and whistled for all I was worth, he locked em up and stared straight at me as the 58 boomed, he was lost in the smoke, as they say, when the smoke cleared I saw the white belly hair.

I hit him on the point of his right shoulder, that ball either knocked him a 180, or he turned to run but couldn't, the first pic is exactly how he was laying when I walked up to him, funny how things turn out sometime. smile

Congrats!

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks Bearcat! that's the same old Gent that I used my 7.62 REPR to smoke a hog trying to break into his hen house a couple years ago, he and I got to see how the 155gr Scenars work, I now load those bullets for his 308 deer rifle. cool

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This just in from Gunner! He just texted me these two pics of the toad he just busted!!! He said that .58 ball knocked him 180!!! DRT!!!! Asked me to post em up!

Waidmannsheil!!! Gunner!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Late Congrats G5 on a beauty of a buck....How many points you boys count on it?

😎👍🏻

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This just in from Gunner! He just texted me these two pics of the toad he just busted!!! He said that .58 ball knocked him 180!!! DRT!!!! Asked me to post em up!

That’s awesome!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That pic does bring a smile to a guys face. Beautiful old deer and great rifle. Need to up my game a little next fall lol. Congrats again Gunner.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Congrats Gunner. That’s a heckuva good deer big buddy! So cool to see you put that big ball on him!

Semper Fi
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Gunner's just got another one. He just sent me pics of a good eight point with two broken off from fighting that he walked up on in the fog. Shot through the shoulder at 35 yards. Deer jumped straight up, hit the ground and never moved. Lungs were mush. Still winning with the 58!

Last edited by sharpsguy; 10/27/19.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Way to go Gunner!

I haven't had a chance to go yet! Coming soon!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks for all the well wishes men, you guys need to get [buy one], or get those 58's out in the field and get in on some of this fun i've been having.

It was a very foggy with misting rain Sunday morning when I headed into the wind out in the clearcut, I had probably worked about 400 yards of the cut when I caught movement in the fog roughly 35 yards away, I could see white horns, I raised the rifle and waited, when the buck cleared the sawbriar patch I fired, in the smoke and fog I saw that thing leave the ground looking like some sort of circus prancing horse, he then fell dead, never saw a reaction to a hit like that.

He was a young main frame 8 about 15 inches wide with his eye guards broke off I guess from scrapping with skinny racked bucks, I am mighty proud to have him, he'll eat good and is going to another old man and wife I know locally, and speaking of sawbriars, they did not disappoint, my legs look like i.ve been standing in a 55 gallon drum sorting wildcats, DAMN, but it was worth every scratch.smile

Sharpsman, dang right, hope you get up to Kansas and bust a bruiser, i'm going back in December after having struck out my first trip in September, if I see that big heavy 8 again i'll bust him, 2nd or 3rd week of December up in Kansas will have us chilled through the bone. grin

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Late Congrats G5 on a beauty of a buck....How many points you boys count on it?

😎👍🏻

Thanks Beaver, that buck has 11 points.

Trump Won!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K

Founder

WS

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thank You kind Sir, yesterday was the last day for muzzle loader season over in Arkansas, now I need to shoot that big black bear up on the mountain behind the house, that sombuck, and a giant spotted wild boar have ran all my deer off ; ]

Trump Won!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Go forth and slay, you old bar hunter!

Give ‘em what fer, Gunner!

Founder

WS

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, You bet KW, i'll go this afternoon, crazy winds, i'll start low at Southwest property line and head out Northeast to the top of the mountain and see what happens, will have the old 58 loaded with 140 grains of FFG! wink

Trump Won!
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,326
Posts18,468,506
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.