M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Bunch of dumbasses! LOL

(open to interpretation)

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
[1/. Where was this creator before the universe existed?
2/. where is that creator located now?

Don't get stuck in three dimensions.There was no "where," He just was and still is.

We're short of pronouns and what would you expect of a patriarchal society? My favorite representation of God the Father is as a portly middle aged black woman who loves to cook in the book/movie "The Shack." Really upset the fundamentalists but why not?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
26 pages by my count.

And I still don't know if i should go out and buy a 6.5 Creedmore (Creedmor?) (Creed?) (CM?)

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by Starman
[1/. Where was this creator before the universe existed?
2/. where is that creator located now?

Don't get stuck in three dimensions.There was no "where," He just was and still is.

That's all the stuff I see zero reason to debate. It just isn't something that can be discerned.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you subscribe to evolution being a good thing? Like from the 6.5 Carcano?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
That's all the stuff I see zero reason to debate. It just isn't something that can be discerned.
Logic, my man, logic.

Which explains a lot.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Logic, my man, logic.

Hey, I'm good with God did it, whatever it was... Then we can get into the biology.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Do you subscribe to evolution being a good thing? Like from the 6.5 Carcano?

To quote another member:

Logic, my man, logic.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
OK now that this has gone beyond boring, how about what's after death? Or even more fun, who believes that the earth is the only life in this universe?
When I was in the eighth grade I mouthed off to my English teacher and she told me to write a 1,000 word on the life inside a ping pong ball.

Long story short, I described the total universe inside that ball as it lay on the floor of the real universe. Got an A on it.

Have a good night boys n girls.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
264 Creedmoor would have made it easier for some to grasp.

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
264 Creedmoor would have made it easier for some to grasp.

Yes.

Geno

In it is contentment

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
One of the most interesting theories imo is that our universe is nothing more than a bit of matter ejected from the singularity of a black hole into its inner horizon, in a vastly bigger universe (which is probably a bit of matter in an even bigger black hole, etc.; kinda like Russian nesting dolls). Our particular Big Bang was the moment of matter ejection, if I understand the basics of the theory correctly.

Want to feel really insignificant? Not only are you a flea speck in your own universe, your entire universe is itself just a flea speck.

Instead of turtles, it's just black holes, all the way down.

Last edited by auk1124; 07/30/19. Reason: caint spel
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Some of the tactics that Creationist are known to use:

More creationist dishonesty.

''Creationists make up their own definitions in science and pretend that it is the scientific definition.

This is a comment on the article Oscars Bat and Origins battle, authored by Young Earth Creationist Johan Smit and published on 19 August 2013 at 13:44

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Oscars-bat-and-the-Origins-battle-20130819

In this article, he writes:

"Empirical science (also called operational or experimental science) is a term used to describe science that can be observed, tested and repeated under controlled conditions. The scientific method basically requires that something has to be measureable and therefore observable in the physical dimension. This is the science that brought us antibiotics, acne cream and the atom bomb. Where empirical science differs from origins science (also called historical science), like forensic science, is in the fact that we are dealing with data that originated from occurrences in the past where there may or may not have been eyewitnesses, and obviously the data cannot be replicated under laboratory conditions. While forensic science as a term theoretically refers to the legal system, it basically entails presenting a case (before a judge) based on evidence gathered at the crime scene. The role of the judge is then to decide whose interpretation of the evidence is the best."

This is an elaboration of the ridiculously stupid old creationist "How do you know; were you there?" argument, in which they artificially divide the natural sciences into so-called operational science and historical (origins) science.

It is an example of one of those crafty creationist falsehoods intended to sow seeds of doubt in the minds of their followers about the application of scientific methods to the examination of past events.

Thus, they imply that evolution, geology and astronomy are no more than 'interpretations' made within a secular or atheistic worldview.

This is a lie as there is no such distinction — science is science, whatever it is investigating.

The sleight of hand lies in the creationists' definition of 'operational science or empirical science', which has to be "repeatable" and "observable" by "experimentation".

Repeatable: The scientific method does not require an event (past or present) to be reproducible. What it requires is that the data produced by measurement or experiment be reproducible. That is what repeatability means in science.

Observable: Creationists tamper with the word ‘observable’ to mean ‘directly seen’. That is not what the word ‘observable’ means. The scientific method does not require an event (past or present) to be directly seen. It requires evidence for an event to be detectable. It can be detected by instruments and stored data and samples often analysed well after the event(s) has occurred.

Experimentation: It doesn’t mean experiments have to be done in a laboratory. Experimentation also means that one can predict what should be found in nature and then go out and see if it can be found.

Past events obviously can't be repeated and neither can one perform experiments in the past, but existing observations and measurements of the evidence can still be made and (scientific) deductions made from them.

The scientific method therefore does not require a past or present event to be repeatable; this applies to all science; not just historical science''

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nope, our "universe" is in a shoe box under a bed that belongs to a kid named "God".

He poked holes in the lid with a pencil point, those are the "stars" you see at night. Some are small because he only poked the sharp point thru. Others are big because he put too much pressure on the pencil and it pushed all the way thru. Sometimes he used a knife, or a cookie cutter, so we have nebulae shaped light holes too.

He takes the lid off sometimes and we see the bright light from his ceiling fixture then and call it the "sun".

Every once in awhile, the little bastid pees on the box, we call it rain.

He doesn't have A/C, so some days it gets really warm, we call it summer. Sometimes he puts the box outside in the daytime where it's cold, we call it winter. The "sun" seems to be lower in our sky because it's not the ceiling light anymore, just a porch light on the wall away from his window.

This stuff is not hard to figure out. He just stocks new critters every now and then, rearranges the dirt and makes new "mountains", quits peeing for a bit and we have a "drought".

Logic, my man, logic.

Geno

In it is contentment

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I like that Geno. Makes as much sense as any.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
In Brief

''Despite definitive legal cases that have established the unconstitutionality of teaching intelligent design or creationist ideology in science class, the theory of evolution remains consistently under attack.

Creationist arguments are notoriously errant or based on a misunderstanding of evolutionary science and evidence.

Hundreds of studies verify the facts of evolution, at both the microevolutionary and macroevolutionary scale—from the origin of new traits and new species to the underpinnings of the complexity we see in life and the statistical probability of such complexity arising.''

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Oh so now we are bringing in the lawyers. Now that's going to be a popcorn event for sure.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll tell my little brother. He's the one that thought up the shoe box idea and the holes in the lid.

I used deductive reasoning (logic, my man, logic. Thanks nighthawk) to figure out the winter, summer, rain etc.

Geno

PS, none of this came from anything we "inhaled"....................because, like a certain famous person, we didn't inhale wink

In it is contentment

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Sound familiar?

''Okay, so here is a summary of the arguments of these folks against evolution:

1. Mere chance cannot create complex living organisms.

2. The fossil record is full of gaps, it doesn’t show species changing gradually to other species.

3. The theory of evolution violates the second law of thermodynamics

4. If life arose through evolution, why can’t scientists create life in the laboratory?''

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Last edited by Tarquin; 07/30/19.

Tarquin
Page 31 of 117 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

623 members (163bc, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,654 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,315
Posts18,449,232
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.