Print Thread
Hop To
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Anyone have the chance to try the new SRO? It looks bigger, but also looks like it might be easier to use due to the larger view? I am not sure it would be good on a CCW but it might fit well on a trail gun, competition gun, or hunting pistol? Was thinking of a 1MOA SRO for a 10mm.

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The only red dot I've used has a 3 moa dot. Thinking a 1 moa dot may be kind of small for anything larger than "small" small game but, I have been wrong before.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I pre-ordered one from Brownell's on 5/20. It was supposed to be here mid-July but I haven't seen it or heard a peep from Brownell's even though I sent an e-mail asking for an ETA. I went with the 2.5 MOA and will be putting it on a Gen 4 Glock 19 MOS.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
10-4, I was on Eurooptic site, I did not realize they were not released yet. Just looked pretty cool with the larger window.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I have several RMR’s and have shot the SRO. The big window is nice along with the top loading battery. Some say that it’s not quite as durable from impact. As far as dot size, I think that’s all personal preference. I think of the 3-3.5 moa dot as kind of a do it all size.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve shot the RMR a lot and have handled the SRO. The difference in window size is significant.

My 5MOA SRO was just shipped.

They are definitely less durable than the RMR against drops.

I wouldn’t want a 1MOA dot, even for a hunting gun.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The larger window would be nice for gaming, but for carry I'll stick with the RMR due to the smaller size.

"I wouldn’t want a 1MOA dot, even for a hunting gun."
Again I'll stick with the 3 MOA dot (or thereabouts) for carry.

Also I'd let the actual user reviews (as opposed to gunrag articles) filter back on them.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I’ve shot the RMR a lot and have handled the SRO. The difference in window size is significant.

I saw a video where a guy trashed two sro's by dropping them on the optic from shoulder height onto concrete. You give up durability for usability?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Nice of them to make a delta point

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by widrahthaar
Nice of them to make a delta point

do they make a mount to replace the rear sight? I cannot find a g20 gen4 slide with an MOS cut.

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
They are toy optics.

Impacts do don’t do them well.

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
They are toy optics.

Impacts do don’t do them well.

I don't think I want an SRO anymore, the delta point I know nothing about, the RMR seems pretty good.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimmyp
You give up durability for usability?

Anyone who relies on any MRDS gives up durability for usability.

The question is just how much you want of either.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
You give up durability for usability?

Anyone who relies on any MRDS gives up durability for usability.

The question is just how much you want of either.

the RMR is probably the best choice then.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

I saw a video where a guy trashed two sro's by dropping them on the optic from shoulder height onto concrete. You give up durability for usability?

I've never dropped a gun onto concrete from any height and don't plan to either so the SRO looks like a great option for me. The RMR is definitely durable but Trijicon has done a poor job updating the RMR's design (top-loading battery, better glass, etc.). If durability were that much of a concern for me, I'd just stick with a set of XS Big Dot sights and call it good.......

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I don't shoot the plastic glock sights too terribly bad, if I replace them I would want a steel squared off top front sight and a square u in the back. The RMR idea was to use the gun for a hunting pistol. I am not the best shot in the world with a pistol, but if I try to focus on my sights and trigger pull I do OK. You want to think that a red dot would improve your performance, however I wonder as the same equation applies, you have to keep the aiming point on the target as the gun fires. For instance I shot better than a guy at the range with a P365 and he was using a sig 320 with the sig red dot. The red dot may not make you a better shot.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1234, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 51 invisible), 2,032 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,087
Posts18,463,935
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.