-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
My dad died at 56...his brother, my uncle died at 53, other uncle died at 53...

I had a heart attack when I was 31 and a Doctor who literally told me not to put much money in an IRA...

Just turned 67 and all my "numbers" are healthier than they've been since I was in my 20s....

Go figure.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
My dad died at 56...his brother, my uncle died at 53, other uncle died at 53...

I had a heart attack when I was 31 and a Doctor who literally told me not to put much money in an IRA...

Just turned 67 and all my "numbers" are healthier than they've been since I was in my 20s....

Go figure.

I hope your IRA numbers are healthy, too.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My dad lived to 97 and my mom died 33 days later at 93. Both in 2001. I'm not sure with all the crap that is going on I want to live to 97. I'm 75 now and just want to get President Trump reelected.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm the same age as my dad when he died.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lost my dad in 1981 when he was 57...... He smoked from the time he entered the Navy in 1943 until about 5 years before he passed. The Emphysema was getting pretty bad and one night he just never woke up. His dad passed at age 67 in late 1960 from what was called "hardening of the arteries" back then. I believe it's "arterial sclerosis" now (?). Probably from a high cholesterol problem that everyone on that side of the family has. My cholesterol numbers are great due to being active, sort of watching what I eat, and a generic statin drug. Feel good and doing my thing at age 69; but at that age, who knows what lies ahead ? On the bright side my mother will be 93 tomorrow. She's in assisted living and gets the help she needs and is in good spirits. I'm hoping I got a lot of her families genes.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Since I’m meeting dad for lunch the answer is no, at least not yet. Dad is healthy as a horse. He’s literally only been to the doctors twice in his almost 80 years. The last time he went to the doctors was 2 years ago and he was sick with the flu, because he’d smoked since he was 10 years old he got scared not being able to breathe. When they released him a few days later he never touched a cigarette again and he feels great. We lost mom a few years ago and watching dad fumble through the days trying to stay busy and fill his loneliness is tough to watch. I don’t want to live a long life, I want to live a full life. I’m healthy but my back is wasted from abusing it when I was younger. Had a 2.5” attack line charged before I called for it and that threw me for a wallop, had a 400# patient fall while transferring her and that also found me in the ER. My bad back is the only complaint I have so I’m very thankful for the good health I’ve been blessed with.

As our children get older and we watch their success in their young life it makes me excited to stick around and enjoy them for a good while longer. I’ll live until the good Lord calls me home but I can’t imagine what my life would look like or feel like if my wife wasn’t in it. If she were to pass first I’d be lost.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lost my Mom & Dad both a year ago. He was 82 and she was 77. I’m 59 now and will be damn lucky to make it to be as old as either one of them lived to be.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
As of some time yesterday, I am older than my father lived. He died from accidental drowning, not natural cause.
Still, I reflect on the thought.I wonder sometimes why the Good Lord has kept me around, maybe there is something I yet need to do?

I'm sorry that you lost your father in such a tragic manner - and that you and he missed being together for some important parts of your life.
My dad died on his 70th birthday after a courageous battle against melanoma. I am in my 82nd year and trying to do some good stuff every day. Older is slower.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not yet but I'm one year short of Mom. But I didn't inherit the disease that got her. Dad inherited the family cardiac problems but with new drugs that's not what got him, got his older brothers though and is why I never knew my paternal grandfather. And physically I much favor my mothers side.

Dad's theory was the first born resembles the mother so the father won't eat him. wink

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dad is 93 and twenty-three years older than I so I may or may not live as long as he. Not sure I want to. GD

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am 68, Dad died at 42, his father at 58, and his father at 52. So I am setting new records every day.

Christopher Columbus, the greatest Democrat of them all.

He left not knowing where he was going, and when he got there he did not know where he was. He returned not knowing where he had been, and did it all on someone else's money.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Dad died at 85. Long life but last few weren't good. Iseem to have the good heart most the family did. Have a few other things wrong as we ll do. At 64 I'm just hangng around retired like. Great grandmother lived to 103. Couple aunts 90s. It is what it is.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
M
MMM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I'm 55. My dad died the day after his 74th birthday. He had smoked heavily since age 11 or 12, drank heavily probably just about as long, cooked everything in lard and ate mayonnaise out of the jar. He survived a big heart attack in his early 50's and bypass surgery later in life but it was cancer that eventually got him. I don't smoke or drink but I am over weight, I do stay pretty active. I feel like I deserve at least as long as he got (it's not easy typing with these crossed fingers).

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dad died from heart disease at age 59. I am 71 and still having fun.

living the good life every day
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Dad died when he was 56. Being 100 pounds overweight, smoking 4 packs of Pall Malls, and drinking roughly a fifth of whiskey a day might of had something to do with it.
I am 66 and in good health. My dads bad habits caused me to have better ones. I don’t smoke, chew, and rarely drink. I just fight the weight battle constantly even though I exercise often and stay active.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
My dad made it to 63. He drank like a fish and smoked several packs a day. His brother that never smoked or drank died of lung cancer in his early 40s. I guess when it’s your time it’s your time.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
No. Mine passed away last June seven days after his 89th birthday. I was there for his birthday but not for his death. I am 57.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My dad just turned 68 about a week ago.
His dad was in his 80’s when he died of cancer from smoking.
Neither of us smoke so hopefully we’ll make it that long.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My grandfather passed at age 72. My father passed at age 72. My brother passed at age 71. I am 68.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=wabigoon
I wonder sometimes why the Good Lord has kept me around, maybe there is something I yet need to do?

[/quote]

I believe you are doing it already. Keep it up.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

158 members (35, 257 mag, 338Rules, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 15 invisible), 1,309 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,466
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.