Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
so far no other trigger I have is as good as the hiperfire reflex.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I researched this before I bought an aftermarket trigger for mine.
I went with the Velocity 3lb. In both of my AR’s. Great trigger.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TWR
RR has gotten better for the most part but I had one that the rivet came loose. Looked around and ADCO was fixing them withe the captured pin, that's where that idea came from.

OT a bit, but RRA came from armalite employees... if you think RR had issues at times, the old armalite triggers were worse...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The first Armalite triggers were copies of Millazzo and not bad, I have a buddy who had both but they were forced to change. Of course that was "back in the day" and there was only a handful of aftermarket parts. Nowadays there's so many triggers out there, I couldn't list them all, much less try them all.

Definitely lots of good options available now.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
One of the first Armalite triggers out is the version we had. Not nearly as well as the milazzo at all. After that IMHO, they got worse. At least for the cost at that point.

I can take cheap and work with it, to save. I can take not cheap and have it work right away. I can't deal with not cheap and having to work on it to get it right.

I still have trying all the triggers on my bucket list so to speak. But I have no clue why. Mostly to see about all the others folks rave about that I just have in the back of my head ain't gonna be a good trigger. LOL. But it will cost me and with my new adventure in life I have to be a ramen noodle person for a number of years upcoming.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
For $80, stellar reputation/CS, and zero tweaking....not sure anything ‘beats’ the Larue stuff. You’d spend a lot more to get enough better that it’s noticeable.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
zero tweaking is a misnomer. almost NO trigger goes into an AR without some minor stuff to get it perfect. Getting it good, well that can be done by drop in and shoot.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last year about this time I found out about the MBT2 and the "blowout" LaRue was conducting, right here in these forums. Although I didn't need a trigger (was using Geiselle and Jard in my ARs), I bought a couple thinking that I'd resell them a couple of years down the road after prices went back up. That turned out to be about a $2000 mistake...seeing them homeless on my shelf got to me after a few months and I ended up building a pair of .243 LBCs. I gotta say, I love the trigger and I'd use it exclusively from now on. Hopefully I won't be tempted to build another gun. That's why I'm trying to get rid of all my spare AR parts. I'm just too susceptible to the build-a-gun bug.

I still have a few parts to get rid of and will be relisting the remainder in coming weeks.

Oh...and that LaRue Trigger Action Chasis was too good a deal to pass up. Don't think I really need it but I've got one on the way this morning. Reading this forum can be expensive.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by rost495
zero tweaking is a misnomer. almost NO trigger goes into an AR without some minor stuff to get it perfect. Getting it good, well that can be done by drop in and shoot.

For $80, good to very good (depending) is all I was referring to. If we’re talking great or perfect, then yeah, there’s polishing/honing involved, at the least. I work over most all of my stuff, but there’s not much to any extra that I’ve seen needed with the larue triggers, and none is absolutely necessary for them to meet their intended purpose. That was my only point....not crossing over into ‘perfection’, out of the box. Don’t know of any I’d consider perfect. I do know it’s hard to beat that Larue for $80 and straight out of the can.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Did they drop the price again? The last 4 I bought were $87 plus shipping...

IC B3

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Oh they did drop it to $80

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
When the Larue came in i just swapped them out.

It comes with 2 springs.

I put the 556 upper back on to sight in a new scope and am still getting used to a good trigger.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by SU35
What is a good after market AR trigger that won't break the bank?

When reliability and durability are factored- Larue MBT.

Well you don't know either the reliability or the durability (you were just pontificating) but you did get lucky and recommend a good trigger.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by dla

Well you don't know either the reliability or the durability (you were just pontificating) but you did get lucky and recommend a good trigger.

Are you really this stupid, or just a stupid troll?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
SU35 didn't say if he wanted a 2 stage or single stage, For me if I had to use a 2 stage I would sell my AR's and find something else to shoot.
To me the best single stage is a JP trigger. a bit difficult to install but worth the effort. I recently put this trigger trigger in a new lower. much better than any RRA NM or most of the others mentioned here

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by dla

Are you really this stupid, or just a stupid troll?

No, I'm just good at shutting down feucktards.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by boatanchor
To me the best single stage is a JP trigger. a bit difficult to install but worth the effort. I recently put this trigger trigger in a new lower. much better than any RRA NM or most of the others mentioned here
Did they ever fix JP triggers? I had one about 2005 and the trigger pull weight was highly dependent on the hammer spring weight. Getting it down to a decent weight caused erratic ignition.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have two Hiperfire Hipertouch Elites and one EDT 2 which I believe is now called the Designated Marksman.

I prefer the Hipertouch Elites all around. They can be found for well under $200 online if you look hard. I don't know if that will break your bank or not though.

Dan

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by boatanchor
SU35 didn't say if he wanted a 2 stage or single stage, For me if I had to use a 2 stage I would sell my AR's and find something else to shoot.

I can fish a fly rod, spinning, bait casting, spin cast and cane pole. Spinning reel can have the handle on either side. There is a lot to be said there.

BUT we all have preferences. I used to despise 2 stage until I shot them as the only one available in M14... and learned to understand them and then decided I really like them, especially in competition and even in hunting, but I'm not stubborn enough to swap all my non 2 stage bolt guns to single stage just because I like 2 stage also.

Just learn to work with it for the most part and it will work fine.

That said nothing wrong with a great single stage if its safe. I've never pulled a JP that was worth the effort, but I'm always willing to learn for sure.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I used a CMC 3lb. drop in trigger for my Bushmaster M-4 and it made a world of difference in how my rifle shoots.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 73 invisible), 3,047 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,259
Posts18,467,093
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.