Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
How many commenting here watched the video in it's entirety?

Not many it appears.

I did.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
unreal! No excuse for that cop.

The bullshit deputy failed to announce himself adequately. There was no burglar call, need for a perimeter check or anything else. In a real medical need case he would have been too late already.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by slumlord
Obama was quoted once..."the police acted stupidly"

If theyre out there looking for a guy with a heart attack button, and go into swat team mode?

So it was a heart attack button that got the cop there? Missed that. I thought it was a general purpose emergency button. My 87 year old dad wears one of those around his neck, mainly in case he falls and can't get up, but for any reason whatsoever, if it constitutes an emergency. He's got a combination front door lock that the service knows and will tell to first responders, for if no one will come to the door.

Pure conjecture on my part

But how many homeowners have a bank teller panic button around their neck. It's usually a medic alert.

Now, yes I realize that now on most calls the polizei is the first one there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I did

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I didnt watch the video, the WiFi here in the Taco Bell is painfully slow. I'm ready to choke the 30 year old retard in here hogging the bandwidth watching Little Mermaid.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didnt watch the video, the WiFi here in the Taco Bell is painfully slow. I'm ready to choke the 30 year old retard in here hogging the bandwidth watching Little Mermaid.

Just grab the phone from renegade.

Carpe' Scrotum
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
https://neighbors.ring.com/n/vmzb5

Honey call the coroner and a crime scene cleaning co.

Looks like I'll be getting a video set up soon. I live in Oakland and unless a knock on the door is accompanied by blue and red flashing lights in my windows chit gonna hit the fan. Chava will get something special!

Last edited by sidepass; 08/02/19.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by colodog
I consider my concealed carry as a defensive weapon only.
If I use it to confront someone outside my home I'm in the wrong, am I not?

First, you don't need a ccw to carry a firearm on your property.That depends on your state, but typically wherever you are in your state or another that gives you reciprocity, if you are in a potentially lethal situation and use your ccw to defend yourself or another whose life is in jeopardy, you're good.

Of course, the cops may kill you if they suddenly come on the scene and see you with a gun, but that's just a technicality. Then you're good and dead.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Not many it appears.

I did.

I did until the kid came on with more blah, blah, blah. So I went back and listened to the blah, blah, blah, to find out that's what it was indeed.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by sidepass

Damn. They fully intended a home invasion. Yeah, perfect situation for some double aught from old Betsy.

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Damn. They fully intended a home invasion. Yeah, perfect situation for some double aught from old Betsy.

I do so hope there was someone behind that door with an AR or good shotty ready to make an amazing impression.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RickyD

I do so hope there was someone behind that door with an AR or good shotty ready to make an amazing impression.

Wouldn't you have loved to see three or four double aught shots blast through and crumple every one of them in a fatal funnel type situation?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okay, I watched the video.
There was a call for help. It came from a cell phone within the residence. This is why the deputy was dispatched there.
Some of you may not know this there is an emergency button on your phone. They did make a return call, tho no one answered.
The deputy was dispatched with this information.

I'll stop here.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RickyD

Wouldn't you have loved to see three or four double aught shots blast through and crumple every one of them in a fatal funnel type situation?

Yep! And I'll start the go fund me account for the homeowner.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve

Just grab the phone from renegade.

I would, but he is babysitting the crackhead tree trimming guys.

He can't eat here anyway, he got that colostomy thing strapped to his ankle.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Not many it appears.

I did, twice, before commenting. Both the alarm company, and police dispatch tried to contact the cell phone owner.
That leaves only the wellness check, which he tried to perform, and saw someone turn and point a gun at him. He responded.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Convenient that there was no audio until after the shooting

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anybody think to look up the phone number for the address?

Had someone hammering on the doorbell once, pre dawn. Answered the door with a pistol behind my back and a foot blocking the door against a push-in. Opened the door just enough to ask the guy what he wanted. Seems he was picking his buddy up for work and got the wrong address. I went back to bed.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Well one thing about the video that bothers me is owning a home with glass next to the door. Bad guy with a gun could have seen him and shot him also. Small security issue for me.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Legal or not, protocol or not, I’m speechless at the stupidity of that deputy. How in the world was he ‘surprised’ by a homeowner answering the door armed after he initiated the contact around midnight with the same lack of identification as a common intruder. Its ironic that after shooting him, the cop expects to be taken at his word that he’s with the Sherriff dept and that the homeowner is expected to throw his gun out the door.

As G5 said previously glad I wasn’t on either side of this cluster***.

Fear the crabcat.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,847
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.