Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Whelenman
About ten minutes and then I have to move. Does any body have this problem! They ache!!!!

Injury to the knee. Take two Aleve with a meal before bed.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
GB1

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
If you take a Statin for cholesterol that might be the problem. Had that problem with my hands and knees. Stopped the statin and the pain went away.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Typical Spartoon, always on your knees! No wonder they hurt. laugh

I got gout in my right knee last week. Couldn't even walk to the bathroom. Pain was a 8.5-9. Doc gave me prednisone. Didn't touch it. It swelled up like a cantaloupe. I can't walk right yet, but I'm getting around with ice and ibuprofen.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Run 5 miles, take 800mg of Motrin drink some water and take a knee. Be good by Sunday

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Accupuncture/accupressure... I have seen and done things that flat amazed me with it... Oftentimes it is 90 seconds from pain-free walking...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by rockdoc

...Recently I quit carbs and that has given me the best pain relief...

Carbs are evil........so is sugar.

When the Lord sent manna down to the Israelites it tasted like honey , but it was evil in disguise?

it should be noted that the people who ate it were nourished on their journey but ultimately died.
whereas Jesus offered living bread, and whoever ate this bread would never die.

evidently not all carbs/sugars are the same..

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Same boat, however I have been to several doc's, all say the same thing. Arthritis in both knees, bone on bone, both of them. I used to live on Ibuprofen....until two days ago when the kidney Doc ordered me to get off the stuff. Stage 1 Kidney disease.....says those meds are really bad for my kidney's. So be careful how long and how much you take of that stuff.....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I tried the pillow last night, it didn’t work!!

I go to the doctor doctor next month I’ll ask him!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
About ten minutes and then I have to move. Does any body have this problem! They ache!!!!

Try Instaflex. It works great for me. My knee was aching last night. I got up and took a capsule of it and was asleep inside of 10 minutes.

Last edited by RickyD; 08/02/19.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wore out my cartridge, so I am bone on bone. Lucky my genes are from central Europe, so we specialize in arthritis.
The surgeon said I am a little young for replacement, so he gives me lubrication shots. They help quite a bit. I also dropped 10% body weight, and that also seemed to help. Good luck.

https://www.arthritis-health.com/blog/lubricating-injections-can-soothe-knee-osteoarthritis

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Buddies at the gym insist fish oil supplements helped them. Didn't seem to help me tho.
Anti-inflammatories help me.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Whelenman: No - not anymore!
I incurred a serious injury to my left knee in 1997 and the resulting operation to fix it was temporarily successful - and the Doctor told me I would have "troubles" with that knee later in life.
He was right and the pain came on with a vengeance about 15 years later - for 7 years I suffered in silence with pain in that knee and with how it diminished my lifestyle and life - including for two full years the sleep interruption that you are feeling.
That did it - I stopped the knee injections and opted for a new knee (full knee replacement!)!
The betterment of my life and lifestyle made that ordeal well worth while.
I sleep like a baby now and walk, sit and drive with no pain what so ever.
My knee pain at night was caused by 5 major problems with that "injured" knee - including injury induced arthritis, bone on bone (no cartilage) wear, ruined and separated meniscus, bone spurs and something else.
For years I put up with the walking, sitting and walking down hill pain but the sleep deprivation was the final straw.
I decided to have my Doctor take the drastic step of joint replacement.
MANY knee problems are simply irreversible and aggravatingly painful.
I say, seek the best knee Doctor you can find and get that knee (sleep!) problem solved.
Best of luck to you.
And thank you God for knee Doctors, modern medical miracles and for the one pain free and well working natural knee of mine.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Terryk
I wore out my cartridge, so I am bone on bone. Lucky my genes are from central Europe, so we specialize in arthritis.
The surgeon said I am a little young for replacement, so he gives me lubrication shots. They help quite a bit. I also dropped 10% body weight, and that also seemed to help. Good luck.

https://www.arthritis-health.com/blog/lubricating-injections-can-soothe-knee-osteoarthritis

I've been bone on bone in my right knee for about 28 years now and mostly bone on bone for the 8 before that. Instaflex is what I use when the pain sets in and it works. Maybe not the first day, completely but after taking three caps for a couple days, the pain is gone and I can go on walks, hunt or whatever. I don't take it until I need it and usually one cap does the trick for a few days. I've found it amazing and very welcome. My ex wife used it too, and took it with her when she became the ex.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Do Not stay on the NSAIDS for over 30 days at a time.
They eat away at your stomach lining and it needs time to repair itself.
A ruptured stomach will make you forget all about any other aches/pains!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Raeford

Don’t take NSAIDs on an empty stomach.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I sleep like a baby now......

Two hours at a stretch and wake up screaming with wet pants??????sorry

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Terryk

I've been bone on bone in my right knee for about 28 years now and mostly bone on bone for the 8 before that. Instaflex is what I use when the pain sets in and it works. Maybe not the first day, completely but after taking three caps for a couple days, the pain is gone and I can go on walks, hunt or whatever. I don't take it until I need it and usually one cap does the trick for a few days. I've found it amazing and very welcome. My ex wife used it too, and took it with her when she became the ex.

Problem is you're treating the symptom, not fixing the problem. There is very little recourse for bone on bone situations, but i wish you the best. I know the pain involved very well.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Raeford

Don’t take NSAIDs on an empty stomach.

That too^^^
But ortho Doc told me do not take for over 30 days even with food, he said max 30 days on, min 30 days off.
My father lived off of them for a couple of years while putting off knee replacements, his stomach ruptured the day of the first replacement.
He nearly died while already in the hospital as they thought that he was just being a wuss about the pain.

FJB & FJT
35 Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Down deep and I don’t want to have them replaced

Who does ?
You`ll be glad if and when you do !!
JUST DO IT !!!!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I don't regret having my knees replaced, a plate in my neck, a replaced joint in my thumb/wrist, nor the new hip I got 2 1/2 weeks ago. Parts wear out Pard, you know that, even our own. Its amazing the technology and newer methods of "least invasive" surgery nowadays. All the best you old phart!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.