-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
my BIL has a Mark 1 he is thinking of selling. it has had the usual bubba forearm bob. will try to get pictures asap. if anybody has interest let me know. i have not really evaluated the weapon as he always clutched it like a piece of the true cross. guess he is running out of cig and beer money and work for him is a four letter word.
will update here before i list it.
would go great with that old pederson device you have laying around grin

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
you mean that 35k pederson device thats laying around?

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
you mean that 35k pederson device thats laying around?

OH...well played Sir!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I know a guy who had about half of an original Pederson Device back in 1992. He spent an obscene amount of money having the rest of it made by a machinist in California who reverse engineered a complete original one. After all that it worked, but didn't work well. Lots of jams but that could be attributed to the crummy old French 7.65 pistol ammo we were feeding it. Still in all it was a hoot.

Are they really fetching 35K these days?

My first Springfield was a Mark I. I sold it to buy books while I was in college in the early 70's (and undoubtedly some of the money went for beer too grin )

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I picked one up at Tulsa a few years back. It had been sporterized probably back in the '60s and although there are a few light pits in the barrel, it still shoots cast bullets well without noticeable fouling.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Joe; 06/30/19.

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
as usual BIL can't decide what to ask for the Mark 1. hard to make decisions with one brain cell soaked in C2H5OH. will update when possible.

only pederson device i have ever seen is on display at the Springfield Mass armory. the curator stated that most were destroyed , with only around 20 in collectors hands.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
long time ago, i worked in a bank. Was letting a guy in to his safety deposit box one day, and i remarked "oh, a pederson device" he about crapped his pants that i reconized it.
I have two of the mark I rifles. They basically took the pederson parts out and stuck them back in circulation.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
got my grubbies on the mark 1. it is in such poor condition i won't be offering it. may strip it down and just use the action to build a 22-250 custom. or just give it back to him.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Picture is worth 1K in words, if you care to share them.

If the receiver is untapped, it still has some potential to the collector.

Several local smiths still rebuild 03 rifles - and they are clear that they are rebuilt to buyers.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
it's tapped for a rh receiver sight, but not bridge tapped. i'll take some pictures manna.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Last edited by deerstalker; 08/03/19.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (270cowboy, 1minute, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 280shooter, 204guy, 64 invisible), 2,077 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,748
Posts18,457,795
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.