Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Starman
I mean look at the serious weight of the LE response:

https://images.app.goo.gl/MHBZzPfbFuzx3aTF7

How many cooks does it take to spoil a broth?

You would prefer less of a response?

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Yes but they would have to be dang careful they didn't get shot by LEO responding mistaking them for the bad guy.

That might be the price to be paid. Seems like that is what police and military do every day. Sometimes give their own life to save others.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If one is going to CCW, they must accept the fact that they may have to give their life defending themselves or others and their death may be by LEO.
Accept that or don't carry.

It isn't "fair". It isn't "nice". It's fact.

Politics is War by Other Means
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Yes but they would have to be dang careful they didn't get shot by LEO responding mistaking them for the bad guy.

This right here. I've had local cops say that question comes up in training and the instructors never have a good answer.

Fight (engage, shoot) if you have no choice, if there's a choice run?

Yup. I could hit him in the head offhand first shot from about as far.as you can see in a Wal-Mart if he stood still a couple beats. That's cause I have a range on my property and shoot much more than average. My situation is not the usual.

However, cops shoot everything that .moves when they're scared. So my gun would be for getting me and mine out of there. Those other people have to learn to do the same . then these shootings will cease.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Only if a guy was using a 9mm loaded with better powder and bullets. The 40 can’t be shot accurately enough, the 45 is antiquated and to slow to travel enough distance, and might be stopped by Chinese linens. (Sarcasm)

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
Maybe... maybe not. I would have made him seek cover and keep his head down instead of mowing through unarmed and innocent people. If I was close enough, I'd have taken him out.

This.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Due to a lot of unseen circumstances and no matter the degree of training that one has been through it’s an unknown factor as to how one could and would respond!

99% of folks ain’t Chuck Norris!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Not everyone has the stones to do it. Peterson is a coward because he was trained to do it.

However, IIRC, in virtually every case where one of these nutcases is confronted by any sort of armed resistance, they either give up or off themselves immediately. None of them have the stones for a gun fight either.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
It also depends on whether or not you had your kids or grand babies with you at the time. Your first instinct would be to get them out of there to safety-not engaging the shooter unless they were upon you and you had no other choice....far too many unknown variables.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Well it would depend on the specifics of the situation. More precisely if the situation came to the point where i was forced to and still able to engage the shooter, then yes Im confident that my equipment and skill level could disable a shooter. Wouldnt be my first priority though, that would be getting me and my loved ones the hell outta there! Not going to play super trooper and go out of my way to seek the gunman out first!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pat85
What would Scot Peterson do??
he would kill his pregnant wife

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by slumlord

That was Scott, not Scot. LOL

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Friend of mines daughter was working in a gun free mall when a mass shooting took place. She retreated to a back room WITH her pistol. She said there were two shots from a different pistol and the murders ended. No one came forward of course.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The brutal truth is that you have no duty to protect or save anyone but yourself and your own family. Escape if you can, engage if you cannot.

Had I been there with my family...and armed....and could pull a mother hen and escape with my chicks...

I probably would have.

Maybe once they were safe I could have gone back. I dont know.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I certainly would have tried. Without question if I saw him first he would be dead. I shoot a lot and my carry pistol is a tackdriver. That said I know so many people that absolutely lack the ability to do anything but get in the way when armed. I think any opposition would at least have slowed him down. Yes I would worry about LEO shooting me.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If you engaged him early in the incident you could have put some holes in him, got in your car and driven to Shoneys before the cops got there. I guarantee you the SWAT team got there way after everyone else. Didn't the guy give up, without incident up a couple blocks away?

Last edited by smarquez; 08/05/19.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I paraphrase Clint Smith - a pistol is used to fight your way to your rifle.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Yes, or died trying, even if half the dead were stinking illegals with tax dollar funded ebt cards in their pockets, you need a good reason for killing.

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deltakid
I paraphrase Clint Smith - a pistol is used to fight your way to your rifle.

He also said your sidearm is a way to acquire a long arm, i.e., from the first bad guy you shot with your handgun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

My first thought as well. Quickly followed by "what the hell does he have to do with this discussion?"

Then I recalled the coward from Broward.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 46 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,496
Posts18,452,430
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.