Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Favorite is Sig Sauer P225.

P226 for OWB.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
GB1

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Colt Commander and S&W 6906....

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Love me some S&W 6906.....just don't fall in the creek with it!

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by shrapnel
[Linked Image]

Can't beat the P7's

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
No love for the Kahr K9? Damned innovative for when it was made. First PPK sized, single stack, striker fired, 9mm to hit the market, and they were pretty reliable. Although I didn't get a Kahr till they came out with the P9 a few years later. In the twenty years I've had mine, having shot in excess of five thousand rounds through it, I've yet to experience any kind of failure to fire when the trigger was pulled on a loaded chamber.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
BHP

Old guy, old guns.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
[Linked Image]

Can't beat the P7's

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
No love for the Kahr K9? Damned innovative for when it was made. First PPK sized, single stack, striker fired, 9mm to hit the market, and they were pretty reliable. Although I didn't get a Kahr till they came out with the P9 a few years later. In the twenty years I've had mine, having shot in excess of five thousand rounds through it, I've yet to experience any kind of failure to fire when the trigger was pulled on a loaded chamber.

I've had the K9 longer than probably anybody here. Proof is that it is an electroless nickel finish, which was soon discontinued. If you base it on which I have carried the most and am likely to carry the most in the foreseeable future, that would be my favorite. Smoooth DAO trigger. Not too light, not too heavy (both the trigger and the gun). Never a wear or corrosion problem anywhere. Very accurate, and yes reliable. Never a bobble with factory ammo or proper handloads (didn't like some poorly sized loads the HiPower ate without complaint). Thousands of rounds through it (I've lost count). Yeah, I love it.

Favorite full-size would be the HP. Favorite "wish I had one but won't pay the price" would be the P7M8.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
I thought the same about the P7 until I owned a couple. They were OK, but IMO are very overrated. Nice collector pieces for sure, but for a shooter a lot of modern pistols have surpassed them (by a long way) in my experience. They do have a certain flair though, without question. I've always been more interested in shooting than collecting, so mine went on down the road.

I think my favorite steel frame 9mm pistols are the CZ75 series and Tanfoglio (EAA Witness) pistols, with a caveat - they almost all need some internal polishing and other work to be smoothed out and have great triggers. The match versions of both brands are generally capable of excellent accuracy and are very mild to shoot when tuned right.

Last edited by Yondering; 08/05/19.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
CZ P0-1 Tactical
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/415001903/CZ-USA+P-01+OMEGA+9MM+GREY+14%2B1+NS

Last edited by Dan_Chamberlain; 08/05/19.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
If money is no object:

Other wise, another vote of CZ-75 and Sig-228.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Yondering
I thought the same about the P7 until I owned a couple. They were OK, but IMO are very overrated. Nice collector pieces for sure, but for a shooter a lot of modern pistols have surpassed them (by a long way) in my experience. They do have a certain flair though, without question. I've always been more interested in shooting than collecting, so mine went on down the road.

I think my favorite steel frame 9mm pistols are the CZ75 series and Tanfoglio (EAA Witness) pistols, with a caveat - they almost all need some internal polishing and other work to be smoothed out and have great triggers. The match versions of both brands are generally capable of excellent accuracy and are very mild to shoot when tuned right.

Shooting the P7 is the best part of owning one.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Pretty empty comparison, your preferred pistol that needs work and you think a P7 is surpassed today. Overrated? Well again a mighty empty bowl you are serving up.

I do know that I have owned many and still do own several P7s that will out shoot almost any production gun out of the box. I have never honed or polished a single one and they all have performed exceptionally well. They are about the most ergonomic pistol, sitting low in the hand with a 4.13 inch barrel in what would be impossible for any competitor to have a shorter overall slide configuration with that barrel length. The barrel is fixed in the frame and makes it extremely accurate and polygonal rifling will make the barrel practically impossible to wear out.

They are extremely robust and will function reliably with a recoil/delayed blowback design and a fluted chamber that will still extract a fired case should the extractor fail or break. The grip gives a great purchase and easily pointable sight acquisition and yet the magazine is straight up and down with the most reliable functioning magazine you can get. The magazines alone will withstand a cinder block being dropped on them from over 2 feet and still function.

Expensive? Yes. Overrated, surpassed, not really...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Sig P210-6, the old model. Laser like accuracy and flat shooting.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ElJuero
Sig P210-6, the old model. Laser like accuracy and flat shooting.

I remember when those came into the country in large numbers back in the 1990s, retired from the Swiss military and police due to replacement with a more modern handgun. I think they were going for around $400.00 apiece. I was working at a LGS when this happened, and could have gotten a nice employee discount, but was too short on money, and couldn't justify it, other than for cool factor (I mean, come one, a single stack 9mm of that size?). Now I regret not picking one up. They were all in nice mechanical condition.

[Linked Image]

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Learned a lot by the feedback, appreciate all. Missed a few P7s over the years, always curious about them, sounds like ahead of their time. Kahr's - yes they are solid, no flies.

Read about possible ammo FTF...with BHP....anyone? Are they all same re: ramp/chamber design? Seems I read certain JHP may not feed well.

Many solid choices. Not one mention of a Springfield EMP? Anyone try one?

Good stuff folks - appreciate all replies.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Pretty empty comparison, your preferred pistol that needs work and you think a P7 is surpassed today. Overrated? Well again a mighty empty bowl you are serving up.

I do know that I have owned many and still do own several P7s that will out shoot almost any production gun out of the box. I have never honed or polished a single one and they all have performed exceptionally well. They are about the most ergonomic pistol, sitting low in the hand with a 4.13 inch barrel in what would be impossible for any competitor to have a shorter overall slide configuration with that barrel length. The barrel is fixed in the frame and makes it extremely accurate and polygonal rifling will make the barrel practically impossible to wear out.

They are extremely robust and will function reliably with a recoil/delayed blowback design and a fluted chamber that will still extract a fired case should the extractor fail or break. The grip gives a great purchase and easily pointable sight acquisition and yet the magazine is straight up and down with the most reliable functioning magazine you can get. The magazines alone will withstand a cinder block being dropped on them from over 2 feet and still function.

Expensive? Yes. Overrated, surpassed, not really...

could not agree more

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
CZ-75
Steyr GB

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The one in the rear.

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

405 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 44 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,167
Posts18,465,325
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.