R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by WoodrowFCall
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by RJY66
Congrats on a job half done.......now you just have to keep it off!

Seriously, great job!

I want to address that for one reason. I don't want anyone who has lost and gained before to be discouraged. I have lost and gained a lot over my lifetime but there is one huge difference this time. I am off the driving force for all my eating problems,SUGAR!

I am not on a "diet" anymore, as is something you have to start and get to stop. I am eating this way because it tastes great and makes me feel wonderful.I also have never once suffered from hunger on this diet,even when I was still eating massive amounts of the right foods compared to what I eat now,I lost weight at the same rate as I am still losing.

No SUGAR,NO GRAIN,NO POTATOES. and the weight will come off. You don't have to starve yourself or kill yourself exercising. I do a lot now because I worked up to it but my rate of weight loss has not changed much month to month. You just have to eat right and get good rest and do a little more than you are use to doing. That simple system works the same no matter what activity or exercise level you are at.

First, I want to say that losing 150lbs in a year is flat out awesome. You look like a different person and will be some inspiration for me. I have a similar amount of weight to lose.

I would also like to confirm that Sugar is really bad for you.... by that I mean the processed carbs found in breads and all the processed foods which tend to have sugar in them. They do tend to have a spiraling cycle as they make you crave more of that stuff when it's consumed. After trying a Whole30 diet, I found that I actually liked raw carrots for the first time. Carbs/sugar can be like an addictive drug and companies put this in processed food to get people to buy more.

Yes,exactly right.
I am just now seeing how addicted we all are and how it has changed our perceptions of what is healthy. A recent study showed that somewhere around 80% of people with 2 or more of the top 10 deadly diseases in the us, checked themselves as healthy on a survey about general health. It seems most Americans consider themselves healthy if they are fairly comfortable. As long as they can sit ,watch TV and eat and sleep without too much difficulty,they consider themselves healthy.

What you want to do is look at the glysemic index of foods and avoid those that act just like refined sugar as far as insulin being released. I really think that's why low carb works so well,low insulin. I have seen testimony where just Intermittent fasting achieved near same weight loss results while still on a high and high sugar diet. My thought however is that no matter what you eat,you will basically be made out of that in about 3 months. I might lose weight by only eating 3 bananas a day or some other nonsense diet, but you can't get away from the fact that you really are what you eat. I want to be built from the best quality materials as possible,and I've really trained myself to think that way about food, I don't think anymore"what would taste real good right now",or what sounds good in terms of taste.I think in terms of what would make me feel the best or give me the most energy for his 10 mile bike ride after while, or now I need protein because I just pumped weights like a beast for an hour.

It's just this simple.
You are right now who you really want to be. You just have to ask yourself, why do you want to be this way, if you aren't enjoying it? When you figure out the answer to that question, you can start living the life you want to live.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Well done!

Now your kid will be proud when people see his dad cool

An inspiration to all of us.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by WoodrowFCall
Originally Posted by RJY66
Congrats on a job half done.......now you just have to keep it off!

Seriously, great job!

I want to address that for one reason. I don't want anyone who has lost and gained before to be discouraged. I have lost and gained a lot over my lifetime but there is one huge difference this time. I am off the driving force for all my eating problems,SUGAR!

I am not on a "diet" anymore, as is something you have to start and get to stop. I am eating this way because it tastes great and makes me feel wonderful.I also have never once suffered from hunger on this diet,even when I was still eating massive amounts of the right foods compared to what I eat now,I lost weight at the same rate as I am still losing.

No SUGAR,NO GRAIN,NO POTATOES. and the weight will come off. You don't have to starve yourself or kill yourself exercising. I do a lot now because I worked up to it but my rate of weight loss has not changed much month to month. You just have to eat right and get good rest and do a little more than you are use to doing. That simple system works the same no matter what activity or exercise level you are at.

First, I want to say that losing 150lbs in a year is flat out awesome. You look like a different person and will be some inspiration for me. I have a similar amount of weight to lose.

I would also like to confirm that Sugar is really bad for you.... by that I mean the processed carbs found in breads and all the processed foods which tend to have sugar in them. They do tend to have a spiraling cycle as they make you crave more of that stuff when it's consumed. After trying a Whole30 diet, I found that I actually liked raw carrots for the first time. Carbs/sugar can be like an addictive drug and companies put this in processed food to get people to buy more.

Yes,exactly right.
I am just now seeing how addicted we all are and how it has changed our perceptions of what is healthy. A recent study showed that somewhere around 80% of people with 2 or more of the top 10 deadly diseases in the us, checked themselves as healthy on a survey about general health. It seems most Americans consider themselves healthy if they are fairly comfortable. As long as they can sit ,watch TV and eat and sleep without too much difficulty,they consider themselves healthy.

What you want to do is look at the glysemic index of foods and avoid those that act just like refined sugar as far as insulin being released. I really think that's why low carb works so well,low insulin. I have seen testimony where just Intermittent fasting achieved near same weight loss results while still on a high and high sugar diet. My thought however is that no matter what you eat,you will basically be made out of that in about 3 months. I might lose weight by only eating 3 bananas a day or some other nonsense diet, but you can't get away from the fact that you really are what you eat. I want to be built from the best quality materials as possible,and I've really trained myself to think that way about food, I don't think anymore"what would taste real good right now",or what sounds good in terms of taste.I think in terms of what would make me feel the best or give me the most energy for his 10 mile bike ride after while, or now I need protein because I just pumped weights like a beast for an hour.

It's just this simple.
You are right now who you really want to be. You just have to ask yourself, why do you want to be this way, if you aren't enjoying it? When you figure out the answer to that question, you can start living the life you want to live.

Well, I'll be honest. There are things I enjoy about it. I enjoy cooking and eating good food.... plus good beer and whiskey. I do like going out to good places to eat. It's a fact.

I do notice that overall I feel better when eating like on a whole 30 diet. There are other things I'd like about being smaller as well. So which master do I serve? wink

I appreciate the input. I am inspired by your transformation.

Well, we don't rent pigs, and it's better to say it right up front because a man who does like to rent pigs is — well, he's hard to stop.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Very inspirational! Thank you!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is, without a doubt, the best thread of the day.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lookin' good R H Clark!

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
God has blessed you with some serious willpower..........congrats!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
your heart now is relieved of pumping blood an extra 150 miles!
congratulations on your achievement ! be assured i will not be showing this to my wife grin

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
You don't even look like the same person. Congratulations. That is incredible.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
RH, your story is incredible. I like how you make it so approachable as it isn't that complicated. As you said, no sugar, no bread, no potatoes, minimal fruit. Hunger disapates and the weight shreds.

My wife and I did similar a year ago and have reaped similar benefits. As the hunger goes, you realize delicious food is something we can all eat as much as we want and you develop a healthy relationship with nutrition.

Words aren't enough. Pictures are worth 1000 words.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
RHC, I've been following your posts about your amazing story and just wanted to chime in quickly and say a few things. First, I'm blown away by your dedication and commitment to making such serious life changes and sticking to them--the hard part. What you've accomplished is nothing short of amazing and displays an incredible mental toughness and fortitude, one that has become an inspiration to me, quite literally. That you've taken the time to share your story with details and offering your opinions and perspective is immensely helpful and truly appreciated.

Today marks day 30 of my endeavor--a serious one, for probably the first time in my life-- to completely change the way I eat, how much I eat and making smart and better choices in what I eat. The improvements are coming frustratingly slowly but even in a month's time I've shed 6 pounds and feel likeI already have more energy and just feel a little healthier. For that I am grateful. While I have no expectations of even coming close to your level of transformation, I hope to keep on plugging away and making strides to become healthier and smarter about what I put in my body. My wife, BTW, who I've shared links to your posts on this stuff, is in awe as well and earlier, after seeing your before/after shots, said, "my God he looks 20 years younger! Amazing!"

Thank you for sharing. I really, really appreciate it and your story has really helped me make the decision to work hard on following your lead. Oh, and congratulations, man. You're one of very few who've actually pulled off such a dramatic life change, and should be damned proud.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Quite the transformation, your still bald................

I'll never admit it in public, but I laughed.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Heck yah RH. Way to go man!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just fantastic, RH!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Here are a couple more pictures. My darling wife helped me get these on the puter just now.

Me and my 9 year old boy at the creek last August.
[Linked Image]

Me and my still 9 year old boy this July.He wanted to look like a real biker and we didn't have much to spend so we picked up these costumes at a thrift store and I played dress up with him.
[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’m glad to hear you’re taking care of yourself Leighton!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Here's the new me grinning stupidly.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/lP0z5An.jpg?1[/img]

Old me with oldest daughter

[img]https://i.imgur.com/K0c7fTO.jpg?1[/img]

Can't get them to open up guys.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 08/05/19.
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
[img]http://i.imgur.com/nynwaoZ.jpg?1[/img]

Well,I'm trying but only get the link rather than the picture. sorry.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 08/05/19.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Damn dude, good job!

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's the characters after .jpg in the link causing the issue.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dave

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

220 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 300jimmy, 14 invisible), 1,398 guests, and 909 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,301
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.