Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I've been offered a couple of Rock River Car A4's, with Eotech holographic sights. The rifles are in very, very good condition, and have been fired very little. I know what they cost new, but being that the AR market is what it is now, barring any new legislation that might drive prices up, you can buy a god AR for a lot less than these sold for new.

I've been told to make a offer, and I don't especially want to lowball the person who has them, but on the other hand, I know they are not going to bring anywhere close to what they originally cost.

So.....does anyone have any ideas about what they would be worth?

Last edited by JamesJr; 08/05/19.
GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
My opinion only - $600 to $800, depending on what you value the EOTECHs at, how old the EOTECHs are, and what models they are.

RRA CAR street price is about $800 new, some internet sales drop them down to $650 once in a while.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Personally i wouldnt pay over $600.00 for a used CAR A4. Thats the cheapest ar RRA makes. When you can buy comparable ar's for far less right now new. The RRA's would be a hard buy for me. Unless you are willing to take a gamble that prices are going to skyrocket here pretty soon. You have to also see what model eotech's are on the rifles and price those separately. Like ah64 said, there are different models of eotechs. Price them accordingly

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The $600 figure is pretty much what I was thinking. I have a couple of RRA's myself, in other configurations, and have no need for any more, but thought if I could get a good buy, I might do it.

I will say this, compared to some other brands that are on the marketplace today, Rock Rivers are one of the best AR's made. I'd prefer them over just about any other make.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JamesJr
The $600 figure is pretty much what I was thinking. I have a couple of RRA's myself, in other configurations, and have no need for any more, but thought if I could get a good buy, I might do it.

I will say this, compared to some other brands that are on the marketplace today, Rock Rivers are one of the best AR's made. I'd prefer them over just about any other make.

My buddy is also of the same opinion as you. They are great rifles. Im still too new to ar's, to know what "best" means.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I had a RRA gun, I put it into the “ok” category. If the barrels are chrome lined and I could buy it for $5-600 I would probably buy it just to have it. These days I don’t buy anything in 5.56 without it being a SS or chromed barrel, maybe a nitride treated barrel but not a bare steel barrel.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I had a RRA gun, I put it into the “ok” category. If the barrels are chrome lined and I could buy it for $5-600 I would probably buy it just to have it. These days I don’t buy anything in 5.56 without it being a SS or chromed barrel, maybe a nitride treated barrel but not a bare steel barrel.

Yeah, i put it in the "ok" category as well. No better than stag, windham, bushmaster or S&W. For damn sure no better than my Noveske or Northtech Defense.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

My buddy is also of the same opinion as you. They are great rifles. Im still too new to ar's, to know what "best" means.

My experience has been that they are "consistent" in quality - agreed on the list above, they are in the middle of the pack, but closer to Stag to me than the others.

For me, they were one of the few 6.8 SPC uppers, barrels and parts that were available locally after Sandyhook. I built several up for me and friends - all shot well within our needs.

JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have had experiences with Colt, Bushmaster (new and old), Stag, CMMG, Windham, and PSA, in addition to Rock River. The Rock Rivers were the Varmint model and the Coyote Carbine. Both were exceptionally accurate rifles. I am of the opinion that RRA AR's are in the upper end of quality as far as your factory made AR's go.

The reason I asked the question as to what they are worth is because the AR market is a buyers market right now, although that could soon change. I know what these rifles sell for new, and you can buy 2 of the "off-brand" AR's for what you can one RRA rifle. You can also build your own, as I have done too, and do so either on a budget, or put together something with quality parts.

Anyway, I'm just putting a feeler out there, trying to see how much interest there is in the RRA guns, and what folks think they're worth on todays market. But, I'm thinking some of you either in the dark about RRA quality, or else just prefer something cheaper.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
There's much better available for less money, same money and more money.

I was never impressed with them as a whole but they did build an accurate gun, I'll give them that.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I have had experiences with Colt, Bushmaster (new and old), Stag, CMMG, Windham, and PSA, in addition to Rock River. The Rock Rivers were the Varmint model and the Coyote Carbine. Both were exceptionally accurate rifles. I am of the opinion that RRA AR's are in the upper end of quality as far as your factory made AR's go.

The reason I asked the question as to what they are worth is because the AR market is a buyers market right now, although that could soon change. I know what these rifles sell for new, and you can buy 2 of the "off-brand" AR's for what you can one RRA rifle. You can also build your own, as I have done too, and do so either on a budget, or put together something with quality parts.

Anyway, I'm just putting a feeler out there, trying to see how much interest there is in the RRA guns, and what folks think they're worth on todays market. But, I'm thinking some of you either in the dark about RRA quality, or else just prefer something cheaper.

Not to burst your bubble, but you sound just like my buddy. RRA is good, but not top tier. This isnt even going by accuracy standards. If we were just talking excellent accuracy, many others would be better than RRA. Stag (gasp) for example. Check out the black rifle challenge here, for example. There are more Stags in the top 10, than any other manufacture. When i think top tier ar's, im thinking Noveske, Daniel Defense, Northtech Defense, BCM, and Les Baer. But really, how much better are those even? The funny thing is, i have a Rogue Defense that even outshoots my buddies RRA ATH carbine. It also does so with absolutely no failures, after thousands of rounds through it. I think in the AR world, stating a certain manufacture is "best" can be a highly subjective matter.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have a couple of their varmint models. They are plenty accurate.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
$350 for bare guns plus $250 or so for the optics. Maybe more

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,922 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,347
Posts18,468,794
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.