Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
RyanTX Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
"As he was leaving the White House to visit Dayton on Wednesday, Trump told reporters that there is “no political appetite” for an assault weapons ban, but he said he would bring it up during an upcoming meeting with members of Congress. He did say he is "looking to do background checks."

“There's a great appetite -- and I mean a very strong appetite -- for background checks,” Trump said before boarding Marine One on the White House South Lawn. “And I think we can bring up background checks like we've never had before. I think both Republican and Democrat are getting close to a bill on -- they're doing something on background checks.”

Source - Fox Business

So, seems like he's fully on board for extensive, like never before background checks.

Seems to me the only way to do this is to ban private sales. How do you do that and prove sale was private without registration?

Seriously hope he doesn't continue down this path.

Last edited by RyanTX; 08/07/19.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Full registration and eventually confiscation. We have known it was coming for 60 years.

Just look how well it worked out for the Jews and Gypsies in Europe, oh about 80 to 90 years ago.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Saw the same quote.

Background checks were performed on the last three nut jobs.

Yup, logical progression - next registration, then confiscation.

Hope somebody gets some common sense in a big hurry.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seems like there are more new restrictive gun laws from Trump than Obama. And Trump courted the NRA. I'm losing my confidence in Trump. You don't piss off your base.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RyanTX

So, seems like he's fully on board for extensive, like never before background checks.

Seems to me the only way to do this is to ban private sales. How do you do that and prove sale was private without registration?

You do the background checks when the person is trained and licenced to own firearms. Not perfect, but better than banning private sales or registering firearms.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Relax. Trump’s just telling them what they wanna here. He’ll attach it to some bill the DemoRats will NEVER PASS.
Then he’s blame it on their sorry asses for not passing it.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by walt501
Seems like there are more new restrictive gun laws from Trump than Obama. And Trump courted the NRA. I'm losing my confidence in Trump. You don't piss off your base.

Who you liking. Bernie or Kamala. Keep us informed on who’s going to be the best for the second amendment. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Trump courted the NRA

He's a two faced phugg

MOLON LABE

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Trump knows, or should know that no matter what he does it wont satisfy the left. So why try to do anything that will alienate your base, and not get anything in return?
Be interesting to see what he has in mind in his effort to court the voters in the middle.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
DA, they aren't the ones with the veto pen

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Relax. Trump’s just telling them what they wanna here.

So he's just sucking up to the democrats? grin

MOLON LABE

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RyanTX
"As he was leaving the White House to visit Dayton on Wednesday, Trump told reporters that there is “no political appetite” for an assault weapons ban, but he said he would bring it up during an upcoming meeting with members of Congress. He did say he is "looking to do background checks."

“There's a great appetite -- and I mean a very strong appetite -- for background checks,” Trump said before boarding Marine One on the White House South Lawn. “And I think we can bring up background checks like we've never had before. I think both Republican and Democrat are getting close to a bill on -- they're doing something on background checks.”

Source - Fox Business

This would be a seriously bad move for him, politically. The gun rights movement is a huge part of his base, and they've been dead set against universal background checks since the idea of background checks was first introduced. Reason being that once you close off any legal means of buying/selling firearms outside the FFL system, this constitutes de facto universal registration, i.e., the government will then begin compiling a list of where all the lawfully owned guns are, and as people die off, this becomes 100% registration, i.e., no one will have any legal excuse for possessing a firearm that doesn't have a provable paper trail within the FFL system, a system 100% accessible by the ATF.

But even right off the bat, all gun owners will be obliged to prove either that they possessed their firearms before the requirement went into place, or that they have a proper paper trail through the FFL system for owning it. If you cannot do either, you will be presumed guilty of felony possession of an illegally transferred firearm.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A losing proposition for the President; if he goes down this path he’ll lose a lot of his base in 2020. Neither will it convince many on the fence to vote for him.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some ginky little guy said it on C-SPAN. You start with an extensive background check. Then you go for a physical examination. Then a mental examination. Analyzing all this the government decides if you can have a gun. If so they decide which kind of gun you can have. That's their wet dream anyway.

Sure full registration. How else can you tell if a person with a gun had a background check for that gun.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

Who you liking. Bernie or Kamala. Keep us informed on who’s going to be the best for the second amendment. Hasbeen

Or maybe Creepy Uncle Joe. He announced yesterday “he’s coming for our guns”

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He's a billionaire that isn't taking any pay; a loss would be devastating for him I'm sure grin

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Or maybe Creepy Uncle Joe. He announced yesterday “he’s coming for our guns”

he's not potus, trump is, Stay on topic.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You have to love the trump bashing on a gun forum. Which democrat will be better. Please explain. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

Seems to be a pattern, though, that we lose our gun rights under Republican presidencies. The reason for this is that when there's a Democrat president, the House and Senate Republicans hold firm for fear of losing votes. When there's a Republican president, they feel they have political cover with their constituents because they were merely working with the leader of the Party, the president. What Republican voter could hold them to account for that?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

394 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 17CalFan, 1minute, 16penny, 45 invisible), 2,792 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,590
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.