Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by callnum
How the average CCW holder views himself.

[Linked Image]

Reality

[Linked Image]

Nothing wrong with the 2nd picture.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack

[Linked Image]

Reality

[Linked Image]

Nothing wrong with the 2nd picture.

Yeah, I'm sure anyone thinking that old man was a pushover may be surprised busting in that old man's door some night. Glad callnum posted that, a man doing what he can for his own good when the police are only six minutes away and the threat is right in front of you. But I don't think he meant it like that.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Yes but they would have to be dang careful they didn't get shot by LEO responding mistaking them for the bad guy.

Exactly.

Not as simple as it may seem.

DF

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Everyone on the innanet is a badass UNTIL it is time to do BADASS shti. Then a whole different set of roles. Mental preparedness , training, situational awareness. Pull the trigger.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Were all gonna die at some point. Can you live with yourself if you had the chance to stop something like and chose to run and save yourself instead? I’ll do my best to give the shooter hell and if I die in the process, I guess it beats croaking in a nursing home after years of regret and saying what if....

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That old man exudes more grit and fight than callnum or any of our other resident liberals.

Each man has to realize what he can do to defend himself despite their age. I know that a veteran in a wheelchair is not a soft target since I’ve helped many many disabled vets throughout the years choose and conceal their CCW. 😉

Be afraid of the man that must choose between fight or flight with the option of flight removed.

Currently building 3 pistol ranges in the yard at 20-40 yards and more simulated obstacles. The more one shoots and trains with their CCW the better for muscle memory and muscle memory is the key to putting training into action without “thinking” but with a situational awareness that allows one to be focused and determined without tunnel vision. Tunnel vision is inflexible when flexibility means survival.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WildWest
Everyone on the innanet is a badass UNTIL it is time to do BADASS shti. Then a whole different set of roles. Mental preparedness , training, situational awareness. Pull the trigger.

Most people go about their everyday lives with their heads up their ass, oblivious of what's happening around them. Most gun owners are completely clueless as to how much they would benefit from training classes. One should give them a clue that they don't know schitt and that they should take as many as they can afford if they're serious. I've had these conversations with people that I know and they're convinced that they know everything they need to since they've "been shooters all their lives". I finally convince one to watch an I.C.E. training video by Rob Pincus. His reaction a few days later was "I never thought of all that". Yeah.........no schitt.

The world we live in is getting more evil by the day. People are going to have to change their thought processes to confront it. It's not like a couple generations ago where things like this occurred so little, that they were anomalies.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

[Linked Image]

Slumlord on rent collection day.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Were all gonna die at some point. Can you live with yourself if you had the chance to stop something like and chose to run and save yourself instead? I’ll do my best to give the shooter hell and if I die in the process, I guess it beats croaking in a nursing home after years of regret and saying what if....

Dieing ain’t much of a livin son.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
That old man exudes more grit and fight than callnum or any of our other resident liberals.

Each man has to realize what he can do to defend himself despite their age. I know that a veteran in a wheelchair is not a soft target since I’ve helped many many disabled vets throughout the years choose and conceal their CCW. 😉

Be afraid of the man that must choose between fight or flight with the option of flight removed.

Currently building 3 pistol ranges in the yard at 20-40 yards and more simulated obstacles. The more one shoots and trains with their CCW the better for muscle memory and muscle memory is the key to putting training into action without “thinking” but with a situational awareness that allows one to be focused and determined without tunnel vision. Tunnel vision is inflexible when flexibility means survival.

That’s me in the second pic, you dumb ass.

Last edited by callnum; 08/08/19.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
LMFAO....

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

That’s me in the second pic, you dumb ass.

Funny!

Funnier if true!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by hunter4623

Dieing ain’t much of a livin son.

Living like a coward ain’t much of a living

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Food for thought: the Dayton incident was over in 32 seconds.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
CHL stops a psycho with a rifle in a Walmart today.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/5042...UoNNt4U3nzo52wFXjY_Kr6xvrLHX4UvKZiUFBGnE

Note Fox does not mention the CHL aspect, but changes focus.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/armed-man-arrested-at-missouri-walmart-police-say

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

[Linked Image]

Reality

[Linked Image]

First of all, you're WAAAAAY off with the first pic....... and sound like a diehard sheeple Liberal as well.

But in the second photo?

Looks to me like a home invader's worst nightmare; an elderly combat veteran, retired Cop or other hardcase who has seen an dealt with violence since way before the criminal was even born Furthermore a guy who knows he ain't got long to live anyhow ergo has little to lose.. A pity THAT guy wasn't in the right place in that Walmart.

JMHO

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
Once you've accepted that you are about to die, nothing in the world ever scares you again. I've run towards gunfire before, so after making sure my family was headed in the right direction, I'd do whatever I could to stop the bad guy.

This is how heros think. Amen. After my families safe i am probably going to die but i am going to kill or stop the shooter in the process.its just how i think too.......

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

[Linked Image]

Reality

[Linked Image]

First of all, you're WAAAAAY off with the first pic....... and sound like a diehard sheeple Liberal as well.

But in the second photo?

Looks to me like a home invader's worst nightmare; an elderly combat veteran, retired Cop or other hardcase who has seen an dealt with violence since way before the criminal was even born Furthermore a guy who knows he ain't got long to live anyhow ergo has little to lose.. A pity THAT guy wasn't in the right place in that Walmart.

JMHO

You haven’t been paying attention, right?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Do I think I could have thwarted the El Paso shooter?

Only if I could see him.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

I am convinced there are those on the CF that get boozed up and euphoric when watching Dirty Harry over and over,

but deep down realise they will never know their limitations, cause they have no intention of exploring them.

WE live in a world where there will always be more men first in the lifeboats than insisting on being last on a sinking ship.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,316 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,326
Posts18,468,506
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.