Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
See the tougher pelt friendly heavy for caliber 25 & 30 grain options are being dropped by Berger & Hornady. I am curious about the true reasons for the discontinuation of the heavy jacket Berger target bullet and the 25 grain Hornady Hollow point no longer being available troubles me for those up and coming Pelt hunters. Suppose I have been enough of a hoarder that I should be GTG for as long as I am kicking.

I have to wonder also on why they dropped those bullets. I never tried the 30 grain Bergers but always wanted to. I guess I should have stocked up on them when they were available. I'm sure it's a bottom line thing but with Hornady I would have thought the 25 grain HP would always be a good enough seller to stay in the line up. I'll continue to buy them when I see them. I've got around 1000 of them currently so I should have enough to get by. For a while.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by tikkanut

17M2 strikes again

ground squirrel hanging around the yard..........

caught him posed on top a ceder fence post....

smack......'bout 65 yds,,,,,,

diggin' SOB's

I love shot situations like that.. blasting them off the top of a fence post is the most satisfying of them all....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by mart
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
See the tougher pelt friendly heavy for caliber 25 & 30 grain options are being dropped by Berger & Hornady. I am curious about the true reasons for the discontinuation of the heavy jacket Berger target bullet and the 25 grain Hornady Hollow point no longer being available troubles me for those up and coming Pelt hunters. Suppose I have been enough of a hoarder that I should be GTG for as long as I am kicking.

I have to wonder also on why they dropped those bullets. I never tried the 30 grain Bergers but always wanted to. I guess I should have stocked up on them when they were available. I'm sure it's a bottom line thing but with Hornady I would have thought the 25 grain HP would always be a good enough seller to stay in the line up. I'll continue to buy them when I see them. I've got around 1000 of them currently so I should have enough to get by. For a while.

It's Hornady. They change their bullet lineup every other month. I have completely discontinued their use because it seems as if as soon as I find a bullet/load I like, the bullet is dropped. They're too inconsistent with their products for my taste. Shame because they have put out a lot of good bullets over the years.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (257man, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,606 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,671
Posts18,456,003
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.