Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Leanwolf: I saw in print several years ago the in that the movie "Pulp Fiction" (which I admire greatly by the way as an especially well told and entertaining story!) where Quentin Tarantino had TWO parts in this very successful movie of his.
One was credited and the other not credited.
He of course was the reluctant homeowner that helped wash the blood off of Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta this part was credited.
Then in his uncredited role he was the character who was completely latex covered in a black skin tight suit, hooded and bound - referred to as the "Gimp", who was kept locked in a giant luggage trunk until needed to be brought out for "action".
I think they refer to this type self abuse as "bondage masochism""?
When I read of this, the next time I watched the movie and the Gimp was brought out, it certainly appeared to be the size and build of Quentin Tarantino inside that bizarre well fitting suit- yeah the guy's head must be filled with "weird thoughts" to come up with these stories.
By the way "Pulp Fiction" cost Tarantino $8,000,000.00 (eight million dollars!) to make and the initial release brought in $214,000,000.00 (two hundred and fourteen million dollars!)!
That is an amazing return on investment!
With ongoing residuals it matters not one iota that my pittance of senior citizen ticket dollars does or does not get fractionally forwarded to him.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I thought you old guys were more into fred astaire, bob hope and burgess merideth type stuff.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
We have an in with our local movie theater so admission, drinks, popcorn and candy is free. That being said I think the last movie I saw was Hacksaw Ridge. 😁. My sweetheart and I are going to see this movie on Wednesday or Thursday. I have enjoyed Tarantino films and this looks like another good one.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Slumlord: Your "thoughts" or your "thinking" is/are very muddled and non-sensical.
Sincerely.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
AcesnNeights: Good for you on the benefits there!
I hope you enjoy the film - be patient and enjoy the old timey stuff and the various references and nuances.
And if you don't enjoy the film well I'll just reimburse you for your ticke... oh wait you get comped!
Just funnin.
My wife tells me to wade through the credits (which I did not do!) as "Leonardo", does something cool or noteworthy as the credits are finishing up?
I don't know - I had to hit the head after that 3 hour sit down (3 hours with TV type commercials and then numerous movie previews!).
Let me know hat you think.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like most of Tarantino’s Movies. He’s one twisted SOB. With a wickedly funny sense of humor.
I especially like Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown.
But I absolutely hated Inglourious Basterds.
And I also really liked From Dusk till Dawn which he wrote for Robert Rodriquez.
One of his better but less known films that he also wrote that’s definitely worth watching is “True Romance” with a classic scene with Dennis Hopper & Christopher Walken.
I highly recommend it if you like Tarantino movies.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
I thought you old guys were more into fred astaire, bob hope and burgess merideth type stuff.

If you're pigeonholing culture, you don't have any.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Chlinstructor: Indeed the movie "Jackie Brown" was an outstanding insight into the common negro criminal mind set!
I have arrested and put in prison about 200 "Ordell" and "Beaumont" types. And countless Robert DeNiro (as "Louis") types as well.
Robert DeNiro played the perfect slow witted ex-con!
Jackie Brown" is one of my all time favorite movies.
I have seen "True Romance" only once and need to rent it and reacquaint myself with that one.
Thanks for the heads up/reminder.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: Dennis Hopper - now there was another person i would like to have known what he was thinking!
Most don't know it but Dennis Hopper was an avid gun collector and western art and Indian artifact collector.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Great movie. Not quite up to Tarantino’s normal level of excess but still good. The scene with Bruce Lee and the final 15 minutes was worth the price of admission. We actually enjoyed Brad Pitts character better, Cost the wife and I $12 for both of us then we hit a Mexican place for a combo plate afterwards.
Pretty good evening

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I don't go to many movies. I prefer watching whatever I choose to at home.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I love Tarantino films ! He’s going down in history as one of the greatest writers and directors of all time. I even liked most of Inglorious Basterds. Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown being two of his best. He has a crew of actors that seem to work well together and seem to be enjoying themselves working with him and it shows. Tarantino’s politics on the other hand are repulsive.
His love of old cars and music taste show up and his attention to cultural details are a pleasure to watch. Bringing back one of the original Blaxsploitation stars , Pam Grier , to star as Jackie in his tribute to Blaxsploitation films is brilliant.
I don’t do movie theaters but I’ll catch this movie when it’s on the TV.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyD
I don't go to many movies. I prefer watching whatever I choose to at home.

Same here, the last movie I saw was the opening run of "The Ghost and the Darkness"

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Interesting take on the movie here; I’m gonna have to check it out:

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm actually looking forward to renting it for home viewing. One mistake they make, though, is Bruce Lee's appearance. They depict his style as it was in the 1970s, while the movie takes place in the 1960s. Back then, he wore his hair quite short and conservative, and dressed conservatively. The guy is the spitting image of 1970s Bruce Lee, though, so kudos to him for that. Sounds like him, too. Mannerisms perfect.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nobody would have recognized the 1970's Bruce Lee. Everyone recognizes Bruce Lee in the movie. That's probably why he did it. Nice catch though. Good to know.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by efw
Interesting take on the movie here; I’m gonna have to check it out:

Interesting.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I saw it. I liked how it showed Sharon Tate as a young woman who loved life. Going to a matinee, to see her own movie would have been typical. I would see it again.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
We saw it in South Dakota last week. There aren’t many coloreds there. It was nice, none on airplane, none in Rapid City. I would like to move there.

Movie was silly, but I liked it!

Last edited by hanco; 08/10/19.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Movies was boring. No real plot, no real action until the last 10 minutes. All the inside crap needs to be supplemented by real movie plot/action character development. Did not happen

Waste of money

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
:: This space reserved for Mannlicher's review ::

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,730 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,256
Posts18,467,037
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.