Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by SHILLBLASTER

Aren't you a shill for the Timber industry...or are you still pretending to be a journalist.

You always seem to assign a negative motive to anyone who may not have a black and white view of issues. People can align to a common goal with out "strings" being pulled.

Pretty sure Dave is a journalist. Heard where he won some journalism awards this past year.

Montana MOFO
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You like to tout "following the money," and then make wild assumptions/accusations about people's intentions then politicize everything into left vs. right. I looked into you, working for a timber company front, pretending its not about the money. You might be able to hide from the "confirmation bias" crowd, but not from critical thinkers.

You sound like a shill for BHA or Meateater, which is it?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

S
S
Originally Posted by ribka

Timber companies are evil. Have heard that one before at a BHA meeting

Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Oh, right, the anonymous "Shillblaster" comes out of nowhere, makes a post as a virgin and then crawls back into the BHA woodwork. You sure you want to revive this thread, sweetness?

You like to tout "following the money," and then make wild assumptions/accusations about people's intentions then politicize everything into left vs. right. I looked into you, working for a timber company front, pretending its not about the money. You might be able to hide from the "confirmation bias" crowd, but not from critical thinkers.

Never said they were, but they obviously have a vested interest in land transfer for logging purposes. You have made up your mind because you cant see beyond partisan lines, and promote "what if" fear monngering...sad

S
S
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

not a member of BHA, and only seen a few episodes of meateater. spend most of my time doing the deal. lucky for y'all the wind is blowing too hard today for me to work.

Originally Posted by Tarkio

Aren't you a shill for the Timber industry...or are you still pretending to be a journalist.

You always seem to assign a negative motive to anyone who may not have a black and white view of issues. People can align to a common goal with out "strings" being pulled.

Pretty sure Dave is a journalist. Heard where he won some journalism awards this past year.

i think you mean bought and paid opinion writer, big difference

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
....sad. Big Stick?

OK, if you threw in just one ....laffin, I'd confirm it's you Stick. smile

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
5 posts all in the same thread and within the last day, nothing suspicious about that at all. lol

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, Shill dear, I DO have opinions. Most of them are opinions based on fact. One of those opinions is, a "hunter and angler" group that the facts show is paid for by the usual-suspect Green foundations and staffed by refugees from other Green groups, as the facts show, is probably Green first, last and always. The fact that some of them can touch a rifle without hurting themselves is secondary to the Green part. And as we all know, Greens are Marxist Red on the inside -- again, that's based on fact and is therefore a pretty solid opinion.

As for your opinion that my interest in "land transfer" is "vested" -- you're dang right, but it's not for "logging." Sure, forestry (actually vegetation management), or the LACK THEREOF, is a huge factor driving the terrible conditions on federal public land. I don't like the idea of having all that habitat, and all that valuable wood, and all those pretty trees, mindlessly burnt because litigous morons abuse the federal court system and federal management laws in order to burn the village to save it. The mentality, and this is based on a paper trail, is that the zero-cut morons would rather burn the greatest habitat utterly black and flat rather that let it be "exploited" for gain. Think about it.....burn an entire basin, leave it to rot, and you won't have to worry about "logging" or anything else positive for a LOOOOOONG effing time.

That "gain" actually generates the taxable profits upon which "the government" depends to give free stuff away never enters their dim little minds. That maybe good, targeted management that pays for itself works pretty well over the long run -- is a concept far beyond the ability of the eco-mind to understand.

The "vested" part for me comes from the fact that I've lived in sight of federal forests all my adult life, minus maybe four years. I've seen the good, and a hell of a lot of awful that wasn't from "logging" but from its absence. Even the "worst" clearcuts don't come close to what happens when an entire mountainside is burnt and then runs off into the watershed.

The vested interest is like what I think Washington said -- that government closest to the people is best. I'd expand on that and say that citizens should have the most say based on how much they will be affected by the policy chosen. Those with the most to gain, or to lose, should count more than someone who has never, and never will.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

not a member of BHA, and only seen a few episodes of meateater. spend most of my time doing the deal. lucky for y'all the wind is blowing too hard today for me to work.

Originally Posted by Tarkio

i think you mean bought and paid opinion writer, big difference

Care to share what you do to put food on the table?

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner

The vested interest is like what I think Washington said -- that government closest to the people is best. I'd expand on that and say that citizens should have the most say based on how much they will be affected by the policy chosen. Those with the most to gain, or to lose, should count more than someone who has never, and never will.

Funny how people who proclaim to be conservative or concerned with the state of the USA, really don't like Federalism unless it suits their particular desires at the moment.

I would much rather have the public land under the control of our state government where I at least stand a chance to have a say and have an impact on its management.

So many of these strong, independent tyoes on here are so dependent on THEIR PUBLIC LAND, that they would shrivel up and die without it.

Funny, I cannot recall where it states in the Constitution that the federal government has a responsibility to own land just so these yahoos don't have to be a civil and decent human being in order to traipse all over and shoot what they want.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, who is using who? Is BHA using Meateater, etc to make money to further their goals, or is Rinella using BHA to reach the American public with his values and ideal... or both? Personally, I find it dangerous ground to bolster the "Left's purse" on any grounds. An enemy is an enemy and any venture that stands them up monetarily or gives them a potential stronghold in this "war" is a dangerous and contemptious position to be occupying.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry comerade, if you haven't heard any Y2Y talk, you haven't been looking or listening. BHA and Y2Y had each other listed in their annual reports for a few years. A little digging can still turn up those documents.

In addition, the Alberta BHA Chapter board has/had a few outspoken critics of predator hunting and trapping.

Originally Posted by comerade
Originally Posted by AB2506
Well, I had a lengthy response written, but it seems to have disappeared.

Coles Notes, Backcountry Hunters and Anglers were handpicked as the only "hunting" group to consult with the leftist NDP government of Alberta on the locking up of a huge area called the Bighorn. The Y2Y Initiative is involved, they want no industry or human occupation so animals like grizzly bears can wander freely from Yellowstone to the Yukon, maintaining (they claim) genetic diversity. The NDP say hunting and shooting will be allowed, but they are creating numerous provincial parks etc. And severly limiting access to the region. If you aren't a 25 year old backpacker, you probably can't hack it and access most of the area.

You can know a group by the company they keep. The BHA, by aligning themselves with the NDP, and Y2Y, is not on the side of hunters and shooters, but on the side of elitist backpackers and preservationists. No you cannot use horses etc in most areas.
This has no basis. BHA is solidly a pro hunting group, I have heard no Y2Y talk at all. If I see leftist behavior I will call it out.You only have to pick up and read their publication to see this.
BHA serves a usefully place for the argument to keep public land, public for hunting purposes.
Yup, I am a card carrying Consrvative.

Last edited by Wrongside; 08/10/19.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 280Rem1
So, who is using who? Is BHA using Meateater, etc to make money to further their goals, or is Rinella using BHA to reach the American public with his values and ideal... or both? Personally, I find it dangerous ground to bolster the "Left's purse" on any grounds. An enemy is an enemy and any venture that stands them up monetarily or gives them a potential stronghold in this "war" is a dangerous and contemptious position to be occupying.

Bingo!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BHA was created by Trout Unilimited staffers and activists in Oregon for purely political purposes. The overall picture is, of 100 percent sportsmen/hookandbullets, there are about 20 percent who are Fudds, or "spiritual" type hunters who really get into the woo-woo side of being grateful for "Nature's bounty." The other 80 percent are pragmatic hunters, don't feel guilty about shooting a good animal et cetera, and/or they have guns not only in the context of hunting but in its constitutional context.
That 20 percent is not going to support NRA, so BHA is a way to get these 20 percent to actively oppose NRA.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have not supported TU in Years and have no plans to start!

I will not support BHA, Rinella, Newburg, or any sponsors of theirs. I don't care how good their products are. So whenever I see anything on Instagram about companies supporting these clowns I say bye bye to them. I am sure I have a few I need to weed out but they will get weeded out. I am almost to the point of weeding out things I follow that are supported by BHA, like the Full Draw Film Tour. Unless we speak up they will win. Let whoever or whatever companies know you do not and will not support anyone or anything that supports Rinella, Newburg, and BHA.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
What's your handle on instagram?

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Y'all better be careful!

BuzzH will grab the nearest sockpuppet he can find, and come in here and post all sorts of 30 year old hero pics! eek

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ouch!! Zing!

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Judman
What's your handle on instagram?

Are you doubting me?

Here is one I sent yesterday.

[Linked Image]

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
466 members (160user, 1Longbow, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 49 invisible), 2,017 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,110
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.