Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Standing at a sporting goods counter at a Walmart in Monrovia, CA. Called ahead to make sure they had stock of steel shot dove loads.

Keep in mind I just bought the last three boxes of this stuff day before yesterday at a different Walmart.

Show them my driver’s license, same one I showed at the other Wally, nope, you need a passport as well.

Argued with everyone up and down the line. Corporate policy, if your Ca DL doesn’t have the little bear logo, you need secondary proof of citizenship. Passport.

1). Wish they’d have mentioned this little detail when I called ahead and checked inventory,

2). Easier for an illegal to vote in this state than for a citizen to buy ammo.

Rant off

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It will only get worse before it gets better. Then again, it may never get better.

Mentioning California, Walmart and ammunition in the same sentence seems like an exercise in futility.

Last edited by jnyork; 08/13/19.

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The California Rifle and Pistol Association just filed a lawsuit challenging this ridiculous practice: https://crpa.org/news/blogs/crpa-al...alifornia-ammunition-sales-restrictions/

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
What a crock

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
What if a citizen shots an illegal. Does it cancel out the vote?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Can they ship ammo into California?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just one more reason I don’t do Walmart

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yes you can ship ammo into Kommiefornia but of course they made it a pain in the ass as of last year.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I went proactive about 5 yrs ago and bought 35 cases of #8,7-1/2 and #6 dove loads. (lead)

There was some sabre rattling about phasing out lead shot.

Which isn't entirely germane to this conversation.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Steel shot dove loads....I would have to give up....please oh please don't take my lead away...

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
I went proactive about 5 yrs ago and bought 35 cases of #8,7-1/2 and #6 dove loads. (lead)

Not entirely, but partially seeing as how as of July 1 this year there is no more hunting here with anything but Non-Lead ammo.

And now we have an added charge to have it shipped in to a licensed dealer, or we have to pay their retail price and pay a background check fee too.

Yippeee........... and fewer gangbangers will die because ammo will be harder for them to obtain, right?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Did that as well a few years back, and now I have a bunch of lead I can't shoot at game in Cali. This state is now entirely lead-free for hunting. Be doing a lot more out-of-state trips the next few years.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RickBin
Standing at a sporting goods counter at a Walmart in Monrovia, CA. Called ahead to make sure they had stock of steel shot dove loads.

Keep in mind I just bought the last three boxes of this stuff day before yesterday at a different Walmart.

Show them my driver’s license, same one I showed at the other Wally, nope, you need a passport as well.

Argued with everyone up and down the line. Corporate policy, if your Ca DL doesn’t have the little bear logo, you need secondary proof of citizenship. Passport.

1). Wish they’d have mentioned this little detail when I called ahead and checked inventory,

Rant off

Move, it really isn’t that difficult ☺️

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

California wants the illegals to vote.

California doesn't want you to buy ammo.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Wow, a friggen passport to buy some ammo.

I've heard it all now, wow.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Texczech
What if a citizen shots an illegal. Does it cancel out the vote?

Only if he shoots an illegal.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Did that as well a few years back, and now I have a bunch of lead I can't shoot at game in Cali. This state is now entirely lead-free for hunting. Be doing a lot more out-of-state trips the next few years.

Has AZ gone to non-lead for dove hunting?

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those who make money should move from CA and let it implode. Pieces can be swept up later. It is not the state I knew 50 years ago.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
About an hour ago I bought two 525 round count boxes of WW 22LR ammo for $18.95 each at a Texas WalMart.

The guy who checked me out put in some numbers for my birthday that the register asked for without asking me. I guess he looked at me and concluded that I was over 21.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We’re out as of next year once my wife retires. The only thing the leftist politicians here want from me is my hard earned tax dollars to spend on programs for illegal aliens! We have become cultural refugees from the state we were born and raised in!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,323
Posts18,468,478
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.