Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
The big city of Lexington now has 2. I have never been to one, putting it off due to my weight more so than the cost. But a buddy said; lets go Sat night, wife will drive, we can drink beer on the way. My wife showed interest & I thought about it for 3 1/2 seconds & said I'm in.

Thinking I'll not waste room with their pork, or chicken. I've had both so many ways. Are there reasons I should rethink this?

Beef is my love if I can get rare or med rare, with all the interesting cuts, my plan is to concentrate on it. But.. I've not had much lamb, must try leg & chops if I have the room.

Any standouts or suggestions?

GB2

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
No experience, but please let me know your thoughts after you go. We haven't been to them either, but have been wondering about them. Two things that make me a little gunshy are the kinda so-so reviews on the ones in Lexington, and the cost.

I follow a very strict diet, but occasionally have a gutbuster cheat meal, and those places have my interest too.

G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
The ones in question are; Cowboy Brazilian steakhouse with locations in N.& S. Carolina, now Lex.

And; Texas de Brazil with approx 40 locations in 18 states. Figuring some of the gang here has been to one.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I went to one once a long time ago, but can't remember the name. Whoever's idea it was, swore that it was the best thing since sliced bread. I think it might have been my neighbor who comes from a Brazilian family. We went there for someones birthday party or something, with about 15 people. It was really good and you can eat a lot, but it was a little weird or different. Hard to describe. They come around with big chunks of different types of meat and cut it off onto your plate. I'd say go for it and let us know what you think.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
There is a Cowboy's right down the street from where I work. They have excellent food, excellent salad bar but they can do better with some deserts, their flan is not as good as in other restaurants. Their employees could probably be better trained. I had a waitress trying for 5 minutes to uncork a bottle of wine when it had a screw on top.

Best of all the Brazilian Steakhouses I have eaten at is LeBlon in Greensboro, NC.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
We have a Texas de Brazil here.
Service was outstanding, food was quite good, ambiance was mediocre. I have been a few times and would happily return.

Dinner is $50 I think. Really quite a bargain considering what all is available. Their web site lists most of their offerings.

Last edited by MadMooner; 08/14/19.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Rodízio Churrascaria, YUM!

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Done Texas as well as Fogo De Chao[Las Vegas] and El Gaucho in Aruba.

Wouldn't know the difference if they didn't have signs.
I always come out fat & sassy.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Meat sweats ain't no joke!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MadMooner
We have a Texas de Brazil here.
Service was outstanding, food was quite good, ambiance was mediocre. I have been a few times and would happily return.

Dinner is $50 I think. Really quite a bargain considering what all is available. Their web site lists most of their offerings.

Wherebouts MM? We hit ipanemas in Seattle a couple times, great grub

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Tacoma mall. Hence the poor ambiance.

Havent been to Impanema in maybe 8 years. Remeber it being good though!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Gotcha I thought you lived up Everett area for some reason? Last word I got ipanemas was shut down??

Ain’t easy havin pals.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
They try to fill you up on the cheap cuts. The sirloin is decent, but wait for the filet mignon and the lamb.

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
Been to Fogo De Chao in San Antonio same theme. Take it slow and don’t get carried away with appetizers and salads before the protein starts coming out. If you pace yourself you should be able to sample all the meat and have seconds of the ones you really like.

Probably won’t be any room for dessert though. Good luck.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Every SHOT Show we make at least one trip to Fogo de Chao. In the beginning it was very, very good. The last couple of trips they were much slower getting the good meats out the way we asked for them until a serious complaint was made, then they got with the program. I do not like going to restaurants and making complaints if I intend to eat more...

Went to another a few years ago in Las Vegas and it was not in the same league with Fogo at the time...

I cannot imagine going to a place like that and eating pork or chicken!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
many in the Miami area. Food is good, but they are very spendy. Kinda like those Vegas all you can eat buffets. I can't eat enough to justify the cost

Sam......

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
To easy on the beer on your way there, you'll want the room for the food.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Judman
Gotcha I thought you lived up Everett area for some reason? Last word I got ipanemas was shut down??

I'm Fox Island, just outside Gig Harbor.

Havent heard about Ipanemas. Havent been in quite a while though.

Try Texas de Brazil. Good eats and the service is great. Some folks might look down at a sirloin but the picanha is outstanding. The beef ribs too.

Give a holler if youre in the 'hood.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
10 foreskins!! Tacoma ain’t to bad a jaunt for us, we’ll have to hit it

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been to Fogo de Chao in KC (excellent) one in Salt Lake that I don't remember the name of, and then a couple low-rent knockoffs here locally that were ok. As others said, don't fill yourself on salad and cheap cuts like they try to get you to do.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Don't miss the little sausages on the sword!! Picanha is the best beef you'll find in most of them.
I have spent over a year working in Brasil. CHURRASCARIAS are usually good.

G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Well, the deed's been done. I'm uncomfortable but not totally miserable.

It was a pleasant experience. We wound up going to Texas de Brazil. They didn't try to play any games whatsoever, if you wanted it, you got it, & were ask if you wanted more. They soon seemed to realize we weren't interested in pork or chicken & weren't bothered with it again. I felt lucky or they simply knew what they were doing, because all the beef was rare to medium rare & we were told that it would be that way just after being seated. We were also told that if we wanted more of something & it hadn't come around for a while just ask & it would be brought to us. We never had to.

They simply poured it to us. I had 2 filets, one with bacon, one without, several lamb chops, leg of lamb, flank steak, beef ribs, Alcatra-roast, & 2 types of Picanha-the sirloin cap that's bent & skewered in a C shape. This & the lamb chops stole the show, my bud agreed.

If anyone would care, the salad bar was a treat. So was the hot bar.

One of the pricier meals I usually have but the quality & service made the cost painless. Would go again.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunzo
Well, the deed's been done. I'm uncomfortable but not totally miserable.

It was a pleasant experience. We wound up going to Texas de Brazil. They didn't try to play any games whatsoever, if you wanted it, you got it, & were ask if you wanted more. They soon seemed to realize we weren't interested in pork or chicken & weren't bothered with it again. I felt lucky or they simply knew what they were doing, because all the beef was rare to medium rare & we were told that it would be that way just after being seated. We were also told that if we wanted more of something & it hadn't come around for a while just ask & it would be brought to us. We never had to.

They simply poured it to us. I had 2 filets, one with bacon, one without, several lamb chops, leg of lamb, flank steak, beef ribs, Alcatra-roast, & 2 types of Picanha-the sirloin cap that's bent & skewered in a C shape. This & the lamb chops stole the show, my bud agreed.

If anyone would care, the salad bar was a treat. So was the hot bar.

One of the pricier meals I usually have but the quality & service made the cost painless. Would go again.

When they are good they are very, very good.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Nice, Gunzo!

That reflects my experience with TdB. Always seem to be a couple managers on the floor touching tables and making sure everything is to our liking.

How’d ya like the sirloin cap? I pass up the filet for it, love the stuff.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can only get medium rare or rare?
There goes any chance of us going to one.
My wife is walking one th e wild side if she orders medium.
And only then if she thinks they will over cook her order.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Nah. They’ll do anything you like. If you want it above med, just ask.

At least that’s been my experience.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

I’ve been to one, everything tasted the same.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
MM, yes, the sirloin cap was very good. Yeah, as most would agree, when compared to other cuts the filet is usually the most tender, but can have less flavor. The cap & the lamb chops were the highlight IMO. Their rub or marinate was to my liking also, a bit heavy on the lamb chops but it was very palatable so, no problem.

Yes Dillonbuck, they did state that the meats were usually cooked rare to med. rare & that was when I smiled & quit listening. But the entire staff was so accommodating that I would venture to say you could get it any way you liked it. A call could verify.

Last edited by gunzo; 08/19/19.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 1badf350, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,689
Posts18,399,819
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.