Campfire Outfitter
Why any hunter or shooter would stay in California is beyond me

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
GB1

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Walmart isn't the only retailer doing this. I tried to buy ammo at a Sportsman's Warehouse near me last night (northern California) and since I had the "federal limits apply" stamp on my DL, I was out of luck - needed a certified birth certificate or passport. They have a sign posted at the gun counter explaining the requirements. I tried my military ID (retired) and they would not accept that either. The guy behind the counter was very apologetic (we attend the same church so I know him fairly well) but his manager was there and they wouldn't do it. California sucks.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
If you live in CA you earned it .

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Those who make money should move from CA and let it implode. Pieces can be swept up later. It is not the state I knew 50 years ago.

I agree but they have a cancer....better build a wall now around California. The cancer will spread when they can no longer servive

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Bought several flats of 12,20 and 28 gauge non toxic for upland hunting and added some waterfowl ammo to my stock also. All to circumvent the clusterphuck beginning July. Still have 3 or 4 flats of lead ammo that i'll hunt other states with.
Had several Bass Pro employees explaining how the law would affect buying ammo there after July 1. Obvious upper management didn't understand the law also.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tedthorn

You are born here.
You build your entire life with a woman here.
You hunt and fish your ass off for decades while building a good home in the country while the majority of the state keeps shifting to the left.
You wake up one day and realize that this is a hostile environment where you have zero voice.
You are attacked for your core values, from the left but also the right because you are a Californian..
You now have grown kids and a wife that refuses to leave them because of your political beliefs.
If you divorce the wife and move to your desired free state, the alimony will destroy you and you are crushed financially .
That's why.

Proud NRA Life Member
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Salmonella, I've seen the pictures you have posted; you've harvested more and better quality fish and animals than at least 95 percent of the Campfire I'd say, and that's not an insult to anyone, it's just a testimony to the opportunities that you've taken advantage of. You live in a pretty great area even if it is "behind enemy lines". I live in CA for many of the same reasons you do - mainly because my wife does not want to leave, at least not yet. We came here on a military assignment and I've stayed way too long, but we do have plans to move out within the next 4-5 years. I can't wait. But in the meantime, there is a lot to enjoy here, in the outdoors. The politics suck, many of the people suck, but you have certainly made the most of it. That said, I do hope you get the chance to move to a more agreeable location soon. I grew up in Idaho, and much of it isn't the same as it was then, but it's still a pretty good place to be. Same with most of the mountain west.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fortymile
Salmonella, I've seen the pictures you have posted; you've harvested more and better quality fish and animals than at least 95 percent of the Campfire I'd say, and that's not an insult to anyone, it's just a testimony to the opportunities that you've taken advantage of. You live in a pretty great area even if it is "behind enemy lines". I live in CA for many of the same reasons you do - mainly because my wife does not want to leave, at least not yet. We came here on a military assignment and I've stayed way too long, but we do have plans to move out within the next 4-5 years. I can't wait. But in the meantime, there is a lot to enjoy here, in the outdoors. The politics suck, many of the people suck, but you have certainly made the most of it. That said, I do hope you get the chance to move to a more agreeable location soon. I grew up in Idaho, and much of it isn't the same as it was then, but it's still a pretty good place to be. Same with most of the mountain west.

Mmmmm thank you man.
I struggle sometimes, but most would love to have what I do.
It's a really weird position to be in.
My wife has supported all of my budget busting hunts and crazy OCD over the top exuberance.
She is beautiful and I would live a lonely life without her, so I live here on this fringe.
Thanks man, your post made my day.

Proud NRA Life Member
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Texczech
What if a citizen shots an illegal. Does it cancel out the vote?

You from Texarkana? I am from Atlanta. Not to be confused with those impostors from Georgia. Anyway, The big stores everywhere come up with silly crap. But Texas is still better.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Just one more reason I don’t do Walmart

Don't blame Walmart, the blame lies solely with the communist politicians who run the place.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is why I recently took up bow hunting.

Opening day is this Saturday.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Nore and more we are getting like Europe, pre-WW2, Need "documents" and "Papers" to satisfy the government, Why should a PASSPORT be required to make a purchase, or exercise any of our rights.

Driver';s license is not enough - that can be forged or faked, so can a passport. Next will be bar codes and implants . It's in Revelations I believe.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by tedthorn

You are born here.
You build your entire life with a woman here.
You hunt and fish your ass off for decades while building a good home in the country while the majority of the state keeps shifting to the left.
You wake up one day and realize that this is a hostile environment where you have zero voice.
You are attacked for your core values, from the left but also the right because you are a Californian..
You now have grown kids and a wife that refuses to leave them because of your political beliefs.
If you divorce the wife and move to your desired free state, the alimony will destroy you and you are crushed financially .
That's why.

^^^^^^^^^This. Just a shame that the most beautiful state in the country is mostly overrun by morons.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is the silly part needing steel shot for doves?

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RickBin
Originally Posted by slumlord
I went proactive about 5 yrs ago and bought 35 cases of #8,7-1/2 and #6 dove loads. (lead)

There was some sabre rattling about phasing out lead shot.

Which isn't entirely germane to this conversation.

Did that as well a few years back, and now I have a bunch of lead I can't shoot at game in Cali. This state is now entirely lead-free for hunting. Be doing a lot more out-of-state trips the next few years.

Take your passport when you go out of state. You might need it to get back.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Salmonella

That's why.

I think leaving a place JUST because of your political beliefs is nonsense. Now if said political climate PREVENTS you from exercising your political or anything else, then it is time to go or give in. That said, if your wife threatens divorce as a weapon, I have to tell you, I would have huge issues with that kind of threat. My wife for example, refuses to go to say, Montana because of the extreme weather and the fact she still has a family here in Florida (My folks are gone as of last year, but I also have lots of family in Florida), but let there be no mistake (and a lot of you here either know or know of my wife), if she were to every pull the "D" card because I wanted to move, let's just say it's kinda like combat, in that nobody ever knows how he'll react, but I'm here to tell you, that's one bell that if she chooses to ring, cannot be un-rung...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by centershot
Is the silly part needing steel shot for doves?

Yes

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Montana, extreme weather? WTF it's clear calm and 58F!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

It's about amazing as hitting the lottery just to see a store clerk actually in the sporting goods dept. at the local Walmart stores, let alone one that's authorized to sell guns, ammo and licenses, even more so one who actually knows what they are doing.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by joken2

It's about amazing as hitting the lottery just to see a store clerk actually in the sporting goods dept. at the local Walmart stores, let alone one that's authorized to sell guns, ammo and licenses, even more so one who actually knows what they are doing.

I should be buying Lotto tickets, I guess. I simply walked up to the sporting goods counter in a local WM and asked for 22LR ammo and saw the 525 count boxes on a shelf in a behind-the-counter display case.

I normally don't shop at Walmart but I went in to see if they had any and their price if they did on the WW 525 round boxes of plated bullet 22LR. I had just left a local gun shop where the owner was now wanting $31.95 for the same box (He heard that there was going to be a rush on ammo and guns, I'm guessing)

Next week I'm going to be rich after I cash in my Lotto ticket........... laugh Yippee...!!!!

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (Bama_Sleeper, Akhutr, 10Glocks, 7x57Hunter, batch, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,543 guests, and 862 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,228
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.