Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Heroin comes from plants too.

No it doesn't. Opium does. Opium, from poppy seeds, contains several opioid compounds, including morphine and codeine. Morphine is extracted from opium using diluted acid. Reacting morphine with other acids creates heroin. Essentially, heroin is morphine with a small chemical compound added to it.

So what you're saying is that Heroin does indeed come from plants, just with a few added steps in it's manufacture/processing.

Last edited by shootbrownelk; 08/14/19.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I would be willing to bet they started with alcohol.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because people are plenty stupid right out of the box and there are already enough stupidity enhancers legally available....

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Make it a major crime. 25 to life..

Until your son/daughter or grandchild gets popped with a little bit...

I'm fine with that.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by RickyD

No it doesn't. Opium does. Opium, from poppy seeds, contains several opioid compounds, including morphine and codeine. Morphine is extracted from opium using diluted acid. Reacting morphine with other acids creates heroin. Essentially, heroin is morphine with a small chemical compound added to it.

So what you're saying is that Heroin does indeed come from plants, just with a few added steps in it's manufacture/processing.

Heroin is diacetylmorphine , it is morphine from plants condensed with acetic anhydride too form a "protective bridge". The bridge slows the main detox route, and also makes the molecule less polar allowing it to cross the blood brain barrier, thus the euphoria. Basically the same idea as the difference between mescaline and methamphetamine.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have to say I am relieved to see one more pot thread.

Finally, people's minds will be changed once and for all and we can put this subject to bed.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Large portion of the DEA budget comes strings attached to the enforcement of weed law. If weed becomes ok they loose the money for "other' drug enforcement

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
As a side note, just noticed a field a few miles from the house that had been planted in "Industrial Hemp" per the signage on the road side.

Looked a lot like regular pot and plants were spaced about 2-3 feet apart.

I thought fiber hemp was planted really close together for long tall plants. Maybe seed for oil and meal?

Wasn't fenced so I wonder how they keep the deer out of it.

Carpe' Scrotum
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I have to say I am relieved to see one more pot thread.

Finally, people's minds will be changed once and for all and we can put this subject to bed.

It will never be put to bed.

From a pharmacological point of view.

opioid alkaloids, and derivatives used have a wider margin of safety than almost any other drug

biggest plus, even if weed is "addicting (what ever the hell that means") the side effect profile, and toxicity profile compared to alcohol abuse is nonexistent (fat,dumb, and lazy) vs. (alcohol psychosis and liver tox.)

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Heavy pot use dulls any kind of motivation to better your self.I used to think of it as a harmless way to get high,but have several friends who use it heavy and they can`t get off the couch to do anything worth while.Pot use does not stop alcohol use ,but usually is used in conjunction with it.So while using both you can be nasty & stupid from the booze and doubly stupid from the pot.I can get high from living.Do not need any artificial stimulants to have a good time.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sar·casm /ˈsärˌkazəm/ noun: the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

Did I really need to add this? wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Huntz
Heavy pot use dulls any kind of motivation to better your self.I used to think of it as a harmless way to get high,but have several friends who use it heavy and they can`t get off the couch to do anything worth while.Pot use does not stop alcohol use ,but usually is used in conjunction with it.So while using both you can be nasty & stupid from the booze and doubly stupid from the pot.I can get high from living.Do not need any artificial stimulants to have a good time.

no one is saying cross over use isn't going to occur, or they won't do something worthwhile (what ever the hell that means). The point is-- the use of weed, will cost taxpayers significantly less because the medical/health problems are less with weed, so the social/welfare structure doesn't need more funding.

lots of people choose not to use drugs, for a variety of reasons, its no more righter or wronger. One of the reasons it cant be put to bed. To many people putting a "moral" poster up.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
sar·casm /ˈsärˌkazəm/ noun: the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

Did I really need to add this? wink

Hard to tell on this site.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We should all be elated government laws and intervention has made drug problems better, fewer addicts, less crime, creates jobs, and saves money.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by 700LH
We should all be elated government laws and intervention has made drug problems better, fewer addicts, less crime, creates jobs, and saves money.

now thats sarcasm

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

So does alcohol, cotton, orange juice, paper and firewood. Your point?

Tyrone Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Etoh

biggest plus, even if weed is "addicting (what ever the hell that means") the side effect profile, and toxicity profile compared to alcohol abuse is nonexistent (fat,dumb, and lazy) vs. (alcohol psychosis and liver tox.)
Pot is harmless compared to water too. So what?

Actually, pot use has a very high risk for psychosis.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rainshot
It's Not6 a Harmless plane. We will likely loose a generation of people or more to it's use. If it can be used medicinally then fine but not for recreation. It will lead to hard drug use and we have the evidence to prove it.

you got this info from Joe Friday?

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Etoh

Pot is harmless compared to water too. So what?

Actually, pot use has a very high risk for psychosis.

Not possible to establish a link, because the psychosis may be underlying. Could say, if you had a lot more clinical support, that weed may precipitate some psychosis.

But then on the other hand you would have to do a side study, to see if people with psychosis were actually helped.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

616 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,041 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,258
Posts18,448,140
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.