Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Search wasn't working so couldn't tell if this had been posted.

Banff Wolf Attack

Aug 9

Originally Posted by Facebook post

This is a hard thing to post, since I haven’t fully comprehended that it happened yet. Last night, while sleeping in our tent in Banff National Park, we were attacked by a Wolf.

It was like something out of a horror movie. Matt literally threw his body in front of me and the boys, and fought the Wolf as it ripped apart our tent and his arms and hands. We were screaming for help as he was fighting it and trying to save us, for what felt like an eternity (but I think was anywhere from 1-3 minutes). I laid my body on top of the kids and Matt pinned the Wolf to the ground and held open its jaw with his hands, and the Wolf started to drag Matt away, while I was pulling on his legs trying to get him back. I cannot and don’t think I’ll ever be able to properly describe the terror.

A guardian angel from the tent site next to us, who we later found out was named Russ, heard our screams and came over to our site and kicked the Wolf and it finally let go of Matt. They had to continue to throw huge rocks at the Wolf while we ran as fast as we could to Russ’ mini van to safety. It continued to follow Matt.

The rest of the night is a blur of EMTs, good Samaritans, waiting for treatment, no phone service and crying. But here we are in Banff hospital, where Matt’s puncture wounds, and lacerations on his hands and arms have been treated and he’s ok. We are pretty traumatized but ok. They evacuated the campground and Parks Canada killed the wolf in the early morning today.

It could have been so so much worse, and we are just feeling so thankful that we are all still sitting here as a complete family. Matt is our absolute hero (I mean, way more than he normally was) and we are forever grateful to Russ who came to our aid and likely saved Matt’s life.

I love you Matthew- thank you for being our hero, a complete [bleep] badass and for fighting with everything in you. 💗

Thank you for all the calls, texts and love so far. Flow all your good thoughts toward us in Canada, please! And, do us a favor and go give the people you love most a big kiss and let ‘em know.

Carpe' Scrotum
GB1

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
He's lucky. Bet he carries a sidearm from now on if they ever go camping again.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Rooster7
He's lucky. Bet he carries a sidearm from now on if they ever go camping again.

Was in Canaduh.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty unusual, I wonder is the wolf was sick with distemper or rabies. Wolves not hunted can get pretty bold, but generally not bold enough to fight a pack of humans.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lots of stuff wrong with that story... Lots.

Thinking they have solved the problem by killing a single wolf is a major fuggup. Obviously, the whole pack structure there has been conditioned to humans to the point they are a danger from here on out.

No gun... When are people gonna realize they are not at the top of the food chain? Either in the city, or in nature?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The wolf must have mistaken him for a baby deer (sarc).

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
For them pointing out the obvious fact they didn't have a gun, can you carry a firearm while camping in Banff National Park?

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Unpossible! Sierra Club told me that there have been only *three documented wolf attacks on humans ever* and none since 1803!!

/sarc

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Pretty unusual, I wonder is the wolf was sick with distemper or rabies. Wolves not hunted can get pretty bold, but generally not bold enough to fight a pack of humans.

Actually not unusual at all. I know quite a few people that were hunting, and a pack of wolves came in to eat them. In every case, they didn’t try to stop until the entire pack was dead. They get pretty bold in a lot of places.

Last edited by qwk; 08/14/19.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gruff,

No, dis is Canada !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Thinking they have solved the problem by killing a single wolf is a major fuggup. Obviously, the whole pack structure there has been conditioned to humans to the point they are a danger from here on out.

No gun... When are people gonna realize they are not at the top of the food chain? Either in the city, or in nature?

Wolf pretty, I wanna pet it........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Gruff,

No, dis is Canada !

Not even a rifle?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Call now, operators are standing by to take your donations. Just $1 a day will help save a wolf pack from human predation:

https://protectthewolves.com/

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I though Canada was good with shorty shotguns?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Now you sound like Simon... eek

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Banff is a National Park, so no firearms allowed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BowRiverFlyGuy

Therein lies the problem.

Not with the law/policy...

But with the sheep following it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BowRiverFlyGuy

Therein lies the problem.

Not with the law/policy...

But with the sheep following it.

Ain't that the truth. The law basically calls for a human sacrifice in the face of a wolf attack, that's fugged up right there.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Did they cry wolf?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

659 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 3,096 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,746
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.