Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
U
usull Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
Whenever I've Posted a Question , I always got a lot of good Tips and Information . I was thinking it would be valuable if Fire Members would Post their best Tip of the year . This might be an Item or Service Purchased or anything whatever where you said : Wow this is a lot better than I expected . I will start out with Car Tires . Here are some caveats : I live where it Rains almost every other day about half a year and Snows a few inches almost every other day in Winter with a few feet of Snow maybe 5or 6 times in Winter . I drive a FWD V-6 Car with plenty of Power and these usually come with High Performance V Rated Tires . I have used Michelin Pilots , Bridestone Potenzas , Nexen ( sp?) , Dunlop SP , etc . I really did'nt like any of these in heavy Rain even at 65 MPH . Continental Pure Contacts were fairly good though . Last Fall I read a ton of Reviews and decided to try Goodyear Assurance Weatheready . These are the best Rain Tires I have ever tried . That is especially surprising as the Tread Contact with the Road is about 8.5 inches . I would also Rate them Tops for Dry Roads , Road Handling and Braking . I have seen nothing even close from any other Brand . YMMV . A plus is that they have the " Snowflake " Symbol which I think means they are rated as a Snow Tire , not just an All Weather Tire . They are Asymmetrical and Uni-Directional and the Dealer said they would go thru deep Snow foreword great , but not nearly as good backward . I did not notice any problem in moving in deep Snow on my level driveway ( although due to Medical Problems ) I don't drive in really deep Snow . As a Minus . these Tires are a bit noisy and a bit hard ( but they are an Aspect Ratio of 45 ) so that is not surprising . Dealer said all Tires are Petroleum Based except for these , which are SoyBean Based . I don't think you could eat these in a pinch , but I do wonder about Rodents . I have put about 5000 Miles on them and wear looks good so far . They are amazing Tires !

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Not for '19, but I think 'don't vote for Hillary' would qualify.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That nigerian prince that set you the email about the millions he's trying to get into the US .................

get this ......

... isn't really a prince from nigeria

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In a question about learning long range shooting where I was looking at a 6.5 CM or fast twist .22-250 it was recommended I use a fast twist .223 mostly because of the volume of shooting that allowed without breaking the bank. Good advice since I can spot my shots better through the scope, plus it gave me the excuse to buy a new rifle and scope. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
U
usull Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
OK Guys , that's two I have filed away for future use !

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If youre going to fish, fish...don't talk

That's my tip

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My tip to anyone would be to not drive 65 mph in a heavy rain
smile

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Use protection, get married.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Dont drive through running water unless you're a dimocrap.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by usull
Whenever I've Posted a Question , I always got a lot of good Tips and Information . I was thinking it would be valuable if Fire Members would Post their best Tip of the year . This might be an Item or Service Purchased or anything whatever where you said : Wow this is a lot better than I expected . I will start out with Car Tires . Here are some caveats : I live where it Rains almost every other day about half a year and Snows a few inches almost every other day in Winter with a few feet of Snow maybe 5or 6 times in Winter . I drive a FWD V-6 Car with plenty of Power and these usually come with High Performance V Rated Tires . I have used Michelin Pilots , Bridestone Potenzas , Nexen ( sp?) , Dunlop SP , etc . I really did'nt like any of these in heavy Rain even at 65 MPH . Continental Pure Contacts were fairly good though . Last Fall I read a ton of Reviews and decided to try Goodyear Assurance Weatheready . These are the best Rain Tires I have ever tried . That is especially surprising as the Tread Contact with the Road is about 8.5 inches . I would also Rate them Tops for Dry Roads , Road Handling and Braking . I have seen nothing even close from any other Brand . YMMV . A plus is that they have the " Snowflake " Symbol which I think means they are rated as a Snow Tire , not just an All Weather Tire . They are Asymmetrical and Uni-Directional and the Dealer said they would go thru deep Snow foreword great , but not nearly as good backward . I did not notice any problem in moving in deep Snow on my level driveway ( although due to Medical Problems ) I don't drive in really deep Snow . As a Minus . these Tires are a bit noisy and a bit hard ( but they are an Aspect Ratio of 45 ) so that is not surprising . Dealer said all Tires are Petroleum Based except for these , which are SoyBean Based . I don't think you could eat these in a pinch , but I do wonder about Rodents . I have put about 5000 Miles on them and wear looks good so far . They are amazing Tires !

Per the personal best handling pavement gripping all weather street tire, mine was a set of Perilliis but there was a trade off in that they wore out in less than 35K miles.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Someone suggested to me that when updating my hunting individual first aid kit (IFAK) each year, I should submit the receipts through my medical flex spending account. I thought that was a great tip.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 08/14/19.

ΞœΞŸΞ›Ξ©Ξ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx

You mean like a main break?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got two.....

1. Dont fry bacon naked....

2. If your in a tree stand, wear a safety harness. Bad things happen when you fall out of a tree stand.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by jaguartx

You mean like a main break?

You can drive through running water too.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Make sure everything is tucked in before zipping up......

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
A buddy of mine told his grandson this at his wedding;

Son, you can be happy or you can be right but you can't be both...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by aalf
Make sure everything is tucked in before zipping up......

Beans above the weenie! Bad juju.

ΞœΞŸΞ›Ξ©Ξ ΛΑΒΕ
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Buy Vanguard Dividend Growth Fund....recently re-opened.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If you are invested in the stock market, sell yesterday.
Thank me later.....

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

buy 22 LR ammo.............

and primers

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,081 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,078
Posts18,463,841
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.