-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
OP Offline
S
I sold this rifle with the original Winchester stock. Had a custom fiberglass stock made for this rifle for a trip to Alaska... the stock was made by Mark Phipps of Garrett Acrulight in Colorada. Fella I sold the rifle wanted everything original and did not want this fiberglass stock. It is in excellent condition - would rate it a "9", nice grey color. Would there be any purchase interest on this forum? I can't seem to get photos posted here but would text or email photos if requested.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by SakoL461; 08/10/19.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Hard to gauge interest in something for sale when no price is mentioned.

Pictures would be a huge plus if you can figure out how to load them.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Level of interest here depends almost entirely on posting pics and price, without those interest usually is very limited.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have the same rifle and would be interested. Please pm me.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Weight of the stock would be excellent as well.

Semper Fi
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs

Scotty have you ever heard of this companies stock before? I ageee, pics are damn near required, as is the length, type of recoil pad, WEIGHT, etc. etc

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by beretzs

Scotty have you ever heard of this companies stock before? I ageee, pics are damn near required, as is the length, type of recoil pad, WEIGHT, etc. etc

No, I sure haven’t.

Semper Fi
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I had a faint memory of the name but don't recall any details about them.
There was a previous question about them on the Fire back in 2009, which was asking if they were still in business.
See the link.....

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...cs/2890399/Garrett_Accur_Lt_Rifle_stocks

S
OP Offline
S
Yes,
Garrett Accur-Lt D.F.S. Co.
P.O. Box 8675
Fort Collins, CO 80524

Was the company that made this stock for me. Found the original invoice in my files dated 8-4-88. I sent them my rifle and had a "classic style stock" fiberglass kevlar reinforced made for my hunt in Alaska in 1989. Specs on the stock per the invoice were:

- 13 3/4 LOP
- Decelerator recoil pad
- Brown wrinkle finish
- English style cheek piece
- Palm swell "right'

In July 1989 my wife and I took our camper and drove to Alaska for my 21 hunt with Master Guide George Palmer. We drove up on the Cassier Hwy. and returned in mid-September on the Alaskan Hwy. On this trip, I got my best Dall Sheep ram, a 1 1/4 curl, 58" moose and a nice caribou. Got home mid-October and hunted deer in California, Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming and AZ Kaibab unit 12A West late season...a year I will never forget!

If one of you will post photos of the stock for me, I will email the photos to you and a copy of my receipt from Garrett...I tried and I just can't get them posted here.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by SakoL461
Yes,
Garrett Accur-Lt D.F.S. Co.
P.O. Box 8675
Fort Collins, CO 80524

Was the company that made this stock for me. Found the original invoice in my files dated 8-4-88. I sent them my rifle and had a "classic style stock" fiberglass kevlar reinforced made for my hunt in Alaska in 1989. Specs on the stock per the invoice were:

- 13 3/4 LOP
- Decelerator recoil pad
- Brown wrinkle finish
- English style cheek piece
- Palm swell "right'

In July 1989 my wife and I took our camper and drove to Alaska for my 21 hunt with Master Guide George Palmer. We drove up on the Cassier Hwy. and returned in mid-September on the Alaskan Hwy. On this trip, I got my best Dall Sheep ram, a 1 1/4 curl, 58" moose and a nice caribou. Got home mid-October and hunted deer in California, Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming and AZ Kaibab unit 12A West late season...a year I will never forget!

If one of you will post photos of the stock for me, I will email the photos to you and a copy of my receipt from Garrett...I tried and I just can't get them posted here.

That's great info right there. Exactly what is needed to help you sell it. I'm out, since it has a right hand palm swell... Sounds like a nice one though.. Do you happen to have a weight in ounces? That would be some good info as well. Good luck with your sale..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

S
OP Offline
S
A friend has a scale certified for commercial use and I am getting it weighed tomorrow...will post tomorrow evening.

Thanks for looking.

S
OP Offline
S
Just weighed the stock and with sling studs and Decelerator recoil pad, it weighs 26 oz. (1lb. 10 oz.).

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Sounds spot on for the same weight as an EDGE fill Legend.

Semper Fi
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sounds like a nice stock and an even better adventure that fall of ‘89 ... will look forward to pictures.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 53 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,362
Posts18,469,005
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.