Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Clarkm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I lost my latest EDC..... a Spyderco Manix 2 Plain Edge Folding Knife, Dark Blue that cost me $153 just 4 months ago.

When I was a kid, I lost pocket knives as soon as I got them. I hope that is not coming back in my old age.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hope it turns up.

I lost a knife when dressing out a deer last year. Searched a long time afterwards, several days with no luck. Borrowed a metal detector with no luck. This Spring I bought a metal detector and found it the first ten feet I walked. It was in fine condition for where it wintered. Hope yours was in an area that no one else can find it. Mine was on our farm so it was just a matter of being in the right spot.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I lost my gerber folding knife one day dressing a deer. I looked all over the area for about a hour. I went back 2 weeks later and there it was under leaves and water in the area where I dressed the deer!

Last edited by Whelenman; 08/14/19.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I left a pocket knife stuck in a wood fence post when cleaning a squirrel in a spot I did not get
back to till the next year. There it was waiting for me to pick it up.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Not yet, knock on wood, but I've come close. I did however leave a pair of binoculars in the middle of nowhere Casper Wyoming once upon a time. We (my cousin and I) were hunting Mule Deer and Antelope and did not carry water (young & dumb), after thirst got the better of us we drank water from depressions in the rocks and I set down the binoculars to take a drink and left them there. We hiked back next day and we found those binoculars sitting where I left them.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Years ago..
Hiked 8 miles down a large river, fishing. Dropped a knife at the edge of a very deep pool and watched it sail down into the darkness.
Returned the next day with mask and fins, dove and ... Found it!
Still have it, 34 years later.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Two years ago I left an Ingram by a creek while dressing a deer. I'd washed it in the creek after dressing the deer and set it on a rock to let it dry while I got my stuff together before heading out. Realized I'd forgotten to get it after I got home and went to process the buck. Called a friend that I knew was going to hunt the area the next day and told him where it was. He grabbed it on his way out. It was a yellow G10 handled knife so he said it was easy to see.

Many years ago I was dressing a buck in grass and set a green canvas micarta handled Dozier down in the grass while I re-positioned the deer. No joke, I bet it took me 15 minutes to find the knife again. From then on most of the knives I've ordered have been either orange G10, yellow G10 or blue G10 for hunting knives....anything aside from those colors I put orange beads on the lanyard.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Years ago I killed a buck a long way down the side of a very steep and rocky ridge, I dressed it with a swiss army knife I had in my pocket. It took a couple of hours to get the buck out (this is before I learned to quarter and pack out a deer in pieces. You never heard of anyone doing that in my part of the world until recently). I realized when I finally got to the truck that I'd left the SAK at the gut pile. It's still there under 20 years of leaves for all I know, it wast worth the hike to retrieve it.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
My last two bark Rivers have been the orange/black tigerstripe G10 just for that reason. I like the looks and they are easy to find.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I lost my latest EDC..... a Spyderco Manix 2 Plain Edge Folding Knife, Dark Blue that cost me $153 just 4 months ago.

When I was a kid, I lost pocket knives as soon as I got them. I hope that is not coming back in my old age.

That sucks. Feel for you.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
left the western knife I got on my 12 christmas stuck in a log at a gut pile on my farm... realized at as soon as we got to camp.

Now my early edition little spyderco delicas with with stupid black handles... lost 2 of them.. the 3rd one has made it 20 years so far. Will probably loose it to a security guard at a sporting event some day... I've learned to hold it as a money clip under my cell phone when they wand me.

Other knives I've lost are found in my brothers collection... damn kleptomaniac at times

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
167 members (257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 14 invisible), 1,474 guests, and 833 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,908
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.