Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
https://www.insideedition.com/dayto...ary-remembers-him-funny-kind-smile-55244

The obituary for Dayton, Ohio, gunman Connor Betts is stirring outrage after it made no mention of the 24-year-old's mass shooting.

Betts was shot dead by police after opening fire early Aug. 4 in Dayton's packed entertainment district. He killed nine people in less than a minute, including his own sibling, and injured 17 others.

But you wouldn't know it by Betts' obituary, which described him as "a funny, articulate and intelligent man with striking blue eyes and a kind smile."

It also described him as an "avid reader" who read the Harry Potter series as a first grader.

"When Connor wasn't reading on his Kindle or playing his Xbox, you could find him watching his favorite show, 'Bob's Burgers,'" the obituary read.

It offered no apology to his victims.

"Connor will be missed immensely by his friends, family, and especially his good dog Teddy," it stated.

The obituary, which was posted on the website for Conner & Koch funeral home in Bellbrook, Ohio, has since been taken down amid fierce backlash.

Brian Koch, the home's funeral director, confirmed its authenticity to The Independent before it was removed.

“If it’s on our website, it’s real,” Koch said.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Didn’t mention that he also murdered his sister.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
We are shooters, they are psychopaths, murderers, and cowards. They are not us and we are not them.

He committed mass murder like Charles Manson.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Usually the family writes the obituary, at leeast from what I have seen. So I am not surprised.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jeffbird
We are shooters, they are psychopaths, murderers, and cowards. They are not us and we are not them.

He committed mass murder like Charles Manson.

Agreed.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Scotty
Usually the family writes the obituary, at leeast from what I have seen. So I am not surprised.

It's sort of like the family history books where Uncle Fred is listed as being very interested in acquiring used cars in his free time and that he spent many years working for the state.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Yep. From reading that I’d say the family was in denial, and probably never spanked the little deviant psychopath ever.
Just gave him some ADD drugs and let him play video games 24/7.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Yep. From reading that I’d say the family was in denial, and probably never spanked the little deviant psychopath ever.
Just gave him some ADD drugs and let him play video games 24/7.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
About 10 years ago some guy in Cheyenne shot his wife, or ex-wife (I don’t remember) as she was singing in the Old Chicago restaurant there. Then then headed to the national forest west of town and killed himself. The family wrote a glowing obituary, mentioning how much he loved his children and that he even wanted his children to have his guns! The newspaper published it with an apology, and you can imagine the outrage that followed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The obituary is about the deceased but it's not for the deceased. It's for the survivors. The survivors didnt shoot up the place. They have to try to go on after a loved one went psycho and killed his sister plus a bunch of other people. They are in so much shock and pain, we cant even imagine.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

why take the time even to write an obituary for that animal ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Flipping chips man, people stupidity never lets you down. You can always count on it.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 19352012
The obituary is about the deceased but it's not for the deceased. It's for the survivors. The survivors didnt shoot up the place. They have to try to go on after a loved one went psycho and killed his sister plus a bunch of other people. They are in so much shock and pain, we cant even imagine.

Oh, I can imagine if it was one of my siblings or even a cousin that committed the acts he did.

I'd protest the "glowing obituary" and if the others had an issue I'd likely just avoid them forever.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by tikkanut

just show graphic pics of the deceased shooter after the cops wasted him on their web site...

that'll send a message for these video game basement commandos....

Play stupid games and this could be YOU!!!!!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Freaking unreal.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He may be missed... but at least the cops didn't!!!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If he was family of mine he’d have no obituary and be in an unmarked grave or maybe cremated and poured down the toilet.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by tikkanut

just show graphic pics of the deceased shooter after the cops wasted him on their web site...

that'll send a message for these video game basement commandos....

Play stupid games and this could be YOU!!!!!

post a link

save us the search

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

another reason to carry a hot 40

[Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 70 invisible), 3,033 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,336
Posts18,468,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.