Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by edapp
I think the biggest reason it might be a gateway drug is because it is lumped in with drugs much more severe.

Kids hear it in the same sentence with heroin and meth. DONT DO IT! IT WILL KILL YOU! Then they smoke pot for the first time and realize it is less intoxicating than alcohol.... they probably assume people were exaggerating about the hard drugs as well.

Thank you edapp. That's right, kids believe the BS they hear from the government about how bad pot is, then they smoke pot, they realize they have been lied to, and next you know they are on the oxycontin or heroin. NEVER lie to a kid they will never trust you again.

As for talk of pot causing violence, no, it is the opposite. I smoked pot for ten years. Yes, started at age 19 and smoked till age 29 or so.
And in that time, I got a 4 year college degree, lettered 3 years in soccer, worked construction full time in summer to pay for school, and spent three years after graduation working construction full time.
I would smoke a joint some times at the end of the day, maybe three times a week. Pot never made me violent, nor did it make my buddies violent. Made me want to lay around and listen to music and eat ice cream. Also, some girls I knew liked to smoke pot, it made for some fun in the bedroom I can assure you of that.

GB1

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I bet a lot of the people who are virulently antiweed have drinking problems and want to pretend that they are better than pot smokers, just because their choice is now legal.
Didn't making alcohol illegal also cause a lot more violence?

Tyrone Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
I’m shocked at the number here that don’t believe in freedom.
For real.
Like those damn Chinese. Wonderful, saintly, libertarian British & European merchants brought them opium at prices nearly any man could afford and what did those unappreciative Chinese do? They started killing the merchants! Damn those heathens!

Politics is War by Other Means
Tyrone Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
As for talk of pot causing violence, no, it is the opposite. I smoked pot for ten years. Yes, started at age 19 and smoked till age 29 or so.
And in that time, I got a 4 year college degree, lettered 3 years in soccer, worked construction full time in summer to pay for school, and spent three years after graduation working construction full time.
I would smoke a joint some times at the end of the day, maybe three times a week. Pot never made me violent, nor did it make my buddies violent. Made me want to lay around and listen to music and eat ice cream. Also, some girls I knew liked to smoke pot, it made for some fun in the bedroom I can assure you of that.
What's that? A sample of 3?
Buddy, you have not met my college roommates. I almost had to slam one's head against a doorknob after he attacked me. Out of the 5 of us, I'm the only one that graduated. 3 of them ended up doing jail time, one for attempted murder (the one that didn't drink).

Last edited by Tyrone; 08/15/19.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You are asserting that pot made your roomates violent? No, my friend, that wasn't the pot. Maybe the boys were smoking some meth, I heard that is some nasty stuff makes guys crazy.

IC B2

Tyrone Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Meth was not around much then. I would have known if they were smoking it. They would have shared.
It was the pot. They probably had better pot than you or smoked more of it.

Last edited by Tyrone; 08/15/19.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by Toddly
I am an owner of a cultivation company that just finally got an FDIC bank account this month.

That is interesting to hear.......I was under the impression that the FEDs were going to have to pass the so called "states act" before pot companies got access to the banking system.....that is just from following the pot stocks on wall street.

I also think that legalization is nigh on inevitable. There is too much money for the government to get their hands on at stake. Here in Georgia, I noticed a carton of Marlboros ON SALE for $65. I commented to the sales lady and she said cigs were cheaper here than in a lot of other states a carton cost $100 in Washington State where the lady was from. .....the bulk of which is taxes. I think federal and state govts are planning to do the same with pot.....legalize and tax hell out of it. Then of course they will get serious about cracking down on illegal growers.

Another sign its coming is Altria and Constellation brands paying crazy high prices for pieces of as of now unprofitable Canadian pot companies........Cronos and Canopy respectively. The people running those companies are well connected and certainly not stupid. They wanted a foot in the door bad.....and I don't think they have only the Canadian market in mind.

I also think it’s inevitable. This very large bank took us on without hesitation after my brief discussion with them. Before this we were getting paid in cash and paying with cash. Someone higher up knows something and is comfortable insuring our money federally. We are now also getting paid with checks instead of cash. This means the processors and dispensaries are also now getting bank accounts. Much safer and easier now out here in the Canna world.

Last edited by Toddly; 08/15/19.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by edapp
I think the biggest reason it might be a gateway drug is because it is lumped in with drugs much more severe.

Kids hear it in the same sentence with heroin and meth. DONT DO IT! IT WILL KILL YOU! Then they smoke pot for the first time and realize it is less intoxicating than alcohol.... they probably assume people were exaggerating about the hard drugs as well.

Thank you edapp. That's right, kids believe the BS they hear from the government about how bad pot is, then they smoke pot, they realize they have been lied to, and next you know they are on the oxycontin or heroin. NEVER lie to a kid they will never trust you again.

speaking of girl friends.

With the invention of the birth control pill the crime rate took a nose dive. Was it caused by criminals spending more time in the bedroom or were there just less criminals being made.

with the invention of phenothiazine tranquilizers the number of schizo taking up hospital beds decreased

SSRI, SSNI, both helped lower the number of psychiatrists moving into the health care field.

more folks are being treated on an out patient basis by NP, nurses,

people prone to violent behavior regardless of their recreational preferences has increased, without increases on the medical side.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Meth was not around much then. I would have known if they were smoking it. They would have shared.

Yes it was, meth was invented by the Japs prior to WWII, and used by both them and the Germans all through the war.

Meth was being made by the ton in San Fran. (and many other places) using aldehyde condensation, mixed with LSD and heroin during the 50s, 60s etc.

you ran with a violent group

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by RJY66
I am an owner of a cultivation company that just finally got an FDIC bank account this month.

That is interesting to hear.......I was under the impression that the FEDs were going to have to pass the so called "states act" before pot companies got access to the banking system.....that is just from following the pot stocks on wall street.

I also think that legalization is nigh on inevitable. There is too much money for the government to get their hands on at stake. Here in Georgia, I noticed a carton of Marlboros ON SALE for $65. I commented to the sales lady and she said cigs were cheaper here than in a lot of other states a carton cost $100 in Washington State where the lady was from. .....the bulk of which is taxes. I think federal and state govts are planning to do the same with pot.....legalize and tax hell out of it. Then of course they will get serious about cracking down on illegal growers.

Another sign its coming is Altria and Constellation brands paying crazy high prices for pieces of as of now unprofitable Canadian pot companies........Cronos and Canopy respectively. The people running those companies are well connected and certainly not stupid. They wanted a foot in the door bad.....and I don't think they have only the Canadian market in mind.

I also think it’s inevitable. This very large bank took us on without hesitation after my brief discussion with them. Before this we were getting paid in cash and paying with cash. Someone higher up knows something and is comfortable insuring our money federally. We are now also getting paid with checks instead of cash. This means the processors and dispensaries are also now getting bank accounts. Much safer and easier now out here in the Canna world.

Bigger player here are the liquor companies, who have a lot of money to loose if any kind of "rational" decisions are made on canabinoid pharmacology

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Etoh now don't be adding facts to the one-off anecdotes here. Heads might explode

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Etoh now don't be adding facts to the one-off anecdotes here. Heads might explode

Yes, the plural of anecdote is not data

Lot to be said for the saying, "when your talking to druggies your talking to the drug, not the person", expand this to "when your talking to people on chemicals, your talking to the chemical" that also includes prescription drugs, alcohol, etc.

this does not exempt them from laws, excuse their behavior. "the drug made me do it" mentality

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Ancedotal incidents don’t prove anything one way or the other.

Meth has been around for a long time, but in the 70’s was referred to as crystal, rather than meth as it’s more commonly come to be known.

Again small sample size, but my crew never felt like rumbling after smoking a bunch of pot, we were headed to the store for munchies.

Now alcohol ? We were ready to rumble.

Pot may indeed make some folks violent, but I’d wager it’d be a small amount, compared to say alcohol. Even driving, don’t believe you’ll find anywhere near the number of fatalities from smoking pot vs. alcohol.

So for all you guys wanting to keep society safe from drugs, are you wanting to go back to prohibition of alcohol to limit harm ?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Government pot laws have worked out about as well as Alcohol prohibition did, yet with continued propaganda folks still support them..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's the difference between a drunk driver and a stoned driver at a stop sign?

The drunk blasts through it at 80 mph and smashes into a mini-van, killing all 6 kids inside.

The stoned driver sits at the stop sign for half an hour waiting for it to turn green...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Pot is the only thing that keeps the jiggabbos halfway tolerable.

Take away the pot, they're gonna double up on the Hennessy. Then it'll be "Katy bar the door" sure 'nuff.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who wants to buy ocean front property in Arizona?

[Linked Image]

Or

The Man Who Sold the Eiffel Tower. Twice.
“Count” Victor Lustig was America’s greatest con man. But what was his true identity?

Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/hist...wer-twice-180958370/#C7IPLI9J5FzwbG6m.99
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://bit.ly/1cGUiGv
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/man-who-sold-eiffel-tower-twice-180958370/

Silly rabbit Trix are for kids,,,
laffin

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
What's the difference between a drunk driver and a stoned driver at a stop sign?

The drunk blasts through it at 80 mph and smashes into a mini-van, killing all 6 kids inside.

The stoned driver sits at the stop sign for half an hour waiting for it to turn green...

unless its a 4 lane, the stoned driver puts it in reverse and slowly backs up, the car in the adjacent lane thinks there moving forward, freaks and slams on the brakes.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Etoh
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Yes, the plural of anecdote is not data

Lot to be said for the saying, "when your talking to druggies your talking to the drug, not the person", expand this to "when your talking to people on chemicals, your talking to the chemical" that also includes prescription drugs, alcohol, etc.

this does not exempt them from laws, excuse their behavior. "the drug made me do it" mentality

An observation made when I was attending Al-Anon after marrying (and finally divorcing) an alcoholic.

"Alcohol is only 15% of the problem. Take away the alcohol and you still have 85% a**hole."

Drugs work kinda the same way.

Last edited by Wannabebwana; 08/15/19.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Today's pot ain't your daddy's reefer.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (10gaugemag, Akhutr, Anaconda, BallisticBRYAN, 11 invisible), 1,566 guests, and 834 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,207
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.