Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#14053608 - 08/15/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: MtnBoomer]  
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 93,733
The_Real_Hawkeye Offline
Campfire Oracle
The_Real_Hawkeye  Offline
Campfire Oracle

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 93,733
Northern Florida
I said I had the FN15 before. Whoops. Mine's not an FN. It's a Sig. The Sig516 braced pistol.


"Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away." - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, 2002
300 BP

#14053686 - 08/15/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: local_dirt]  
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 4,484
Beaver10 Offline
Campfire Guide
Beaver10  Offline
Campfire Guide

Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 4,484
Oregon
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Just bought 3 for $1,027.00 from PSA. For $342.50 ea I'm wondering why I didn't buy a lot more.
I only bought 'em because my "several" Colt 6920's were lost in that terrible boating accident.

Now is THE time to BTFD (buy the [bleep] dip) in gun prices. Reloading components, loaded ammo, hi cap mags etc.. these are the days you'll look back on and wish you'd stocked up.




Just curious..

What would you call the last 15-17 years?

I'd call it a roller coaster, what would you call it? You couldn't buy .22lr ammo just a few years now you can buy 5000 rds for a few hundred bucks.

A few years ago I saw Magpul 30rd mags at a gun show for $100ea.

And you couldn't find powder anywhere.
These are THE good old days



You must be speaking of 2013..

Right before I lost about 200 of them in a terrible flood.. smile


I got robbed...Lost every iron I owned. Didn’t have them insured either...I’m saving up for a used bolt action single shot 22 LR I’ve had my eye on for a few months...😎


Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
#14053724 - 08/15/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: Beaver10]  
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 14,324
MtnBoomer Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
MtnBoomer  Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 14,324
59644
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Just bought 3 for $1,027.00 from PSA. For $342.50 ea I'm wondering why I didn't buy a lot more.
I only bought 'em because my "several" Colt 6920's were lost in that terrible boating accident.

Now is THE time to BTFD (buy the [bleep] dip) in gun prices. Reloading components, loaded ammo, hi cap mags etc.. these are the days you'll look back on and wish you'd stocked up.




Just curious..

What would you call the last 15-17 years?

I'd call it a roller coaster, what would you call it? You couldn't buy .22lr ammo just a few years now you can buy 5000 rds for a few hundred bucks.

A few years ago I saw Magpul 30rd mags at a gun show for $100ea.

And you couldn't find powder anywhere.
These are THE good old days



You must be speaking of 2013..

Right before I lost about 200 of them in a terrible flood.. smile


I got robbed...Lost every iron I owned. Didn’t have them insured either...I’m saving up for a used bolt action single shot 22 LR I’ve had my eye on for a few months...😎

You're in our prayers tonight brother Beav.


MAGA! "You were betrayed by stupid people." DJT 4/27/19
#14053751 - 08/15/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: JGRaider]  
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 61,699
ironbender Online happy
Campfire Oracle
ironbender  Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 61,699
In the shadow of the Kenai Mtn...
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've never been the least bit interested in AR's. Still not.

Felt the same way until a few months ago. Now I want one for coyotes and wolves and such. Seems like it would be handy for that application. Know a few guys that use them calling . More versatile tban a bolt gun in a pack.

Always been a revolver and leather guy too, but I've come to realize the value of a semi pistol.

Don't know chit about MSRs but time to learn.

What is involved in assembling one of those PSA kits?


If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
#14053755 - 08/15/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: MtnBoomer]  
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 4,484
Beaver10 Offline
Campfire Guide
Beaver10  Offline
Campfire Guide

Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 4,484
Oregon
Thank you Boom...Loss hurts...😎


Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Alpha

#14053759 - 08/15/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: ironbender]  
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,291
79S Online content
Campfire Outfitter
79S  Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,291
Alaska
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've never been the least bit interested in AR's. Still not.

Felt the same way until a few months ago. Now I want one for coyotes and wolves and such. Seems like it would be handy for that application. Know a few guys that use them calling . More versatile tban a bolt gun in a pack.

Always been a revolver and leather guy too, but I've come to realize the value of a semi pistol.

Don't know chit about MSRs but time to learn.

What is involved in assembling one of those PSA kits?



Easy peasy.. I built all my lowers.. I use my ar15 in highpower matches. We are shooting mid range prone 300,500,600yds. I use a 18inch 223 wylde. Right now I use 77gr tmk or Berger 80.5 full bore (single shot). Point being everyone saying they have no use for an ar15 will be surprised how accurate they are. But I guess they rather live under a rock. I won't be down soldotna at all or I would help you out. What I did was Google fu ar15 lower build and tons of videos.



Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.
#14053770 - 08/15/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: Beaver10]  
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 12,869
local_dirt Online content
Campfire 'Bwana
local_dirt  Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 12,869
south of south
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Thank you Boom...Loss hurts...😎




Light a candle on the fireplace mantle in memory. smile


No Ma'am. It's not my glasses that are crooked. It's my face.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

NRA and GOA member
#14053800 - 08/16/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: JGRaider]  
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 121
Sevastopol Offline
Member
Sevastopol  Offline
Member

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 121
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've never been the least bit interested in AR's. Still not.

I wasn’t until I walked into Wal-Mart and saw a 6920 for $699 a couple years ago.

#14053858 - 08/16/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: Sevastopol]  
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 12,869
local_dirt Online content
Campfire 'Bwana
local_dirt  Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 12,869
south of south
Originally Posted by Sevastopol
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've never been the least bit interested in AR's. Still not.

I wasn’t until I walked into Wal-Mart and saw a 6920 for $699 a couple years ago.




Best I ever saw was ~ $740, online. Best I see right now is ~ $150 more.


No Ma'am. It's not my glasses that are crooked. It's my face.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

NRA and GOA member
#14053864 - 08/16/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: local_dirt]  
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 121
Sevastopol Offline
Member
Sevastopol  Offline
Member

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 121
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Sevastopol
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've never been the least bit interested in AR's. Still not.

I wasn’t until I walked into Wal-Mart and saw a 6920 for $699 a couple years ago.




Best I ever saw was ~ $740, online. Best I see right now is ~ $150 more.

I know, right? I could not believe my luck (I usually miss out). Bought it right then and there.

Bravo

#14053865 - 08/16/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: MtnBoomer]  
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,954
srwshooter Offline
Campfire Outfitter
srwshooter  Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,954
grottoes ,virginia,usa
buy used ,no paper work.

#14053905 - 08/16/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: jackmountain]  
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,506
Longbeardking Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Longbeardking  Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,506
Lyndeborough New Hampshire
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Behind the sheetrock?


Leaned up by the front door. John Law better have his life insurance paid up



No NEED to be talking OR thinking that way. JOHN LAW is NOT the problem. Out government IS........................


NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)


Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5



#14053915 - 08/16/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: Longbeardking]  
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 93,733
The_Real_Hawkeye Offline
Campfire Oracle
The_Real_Hawkeye  Offline
Campfire Oracle

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 93,733
Northern Florida
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Behind the sheetrock?


Leaned up by the front door. John Law better have his life insurance paid up



No NEED to be talking OR thinking that way. JOHN LAW is NOT the problem. Out government IS........................

Sadly, John Law is how government reaches out and touches us. They don't do it themselves.


"Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away." - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, 2002
#14053955 - 08/16/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: MtnBoomer]  
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,506
Longbeardking Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Longbeardking  Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,506
Lyndeborough New Hampshire
Luckily, I live in a VERY rural area and I wouldn't change places with many of you. "Most" law enforcement I have contact with feel the same about our government as most of us do. I support them 110%.


NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)


Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5



#14054076 - 08/16/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: MtnBoomer]  
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,577
SockPuppet Offline
Campfire Tracker
SockPuppet  Offline
Campfire Tracker

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,577
High Desert
May as well grab a few of these while you're at it:

https://grabagun.com/sw-m-p-4-25-9-b-17r-wo-il-md.html?source=igodigital


Would you experience immensely righteous fulfillment if I conceded to your condescending suspicions? -Northern Dave, 21st Century philosopher

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
#14054081 - 08/16/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: jackmountain]  
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,386
UPhiker Offline
Campfire Ranger
UPhiker  Offline
Campfire Ranger

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,386
Michigan
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Can't own the first type if you don't own the second type to protect your right to own the first type. I have no less a right to own a firearm to defend myself and my family than I do to breathe air. A good govt is one that fears it's constituents.
Not saying you can't. Just saying that you can defend yourself as well with one AR as you can 10.

#14054142 - 08/16/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: UPhiker]  
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 79
Mr_Harry Offline
Member
Mr_Harry  Offline
Member

Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 79
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Can't own the first type if you don't own the second type to protect your right to own the first type. I have no less a right to own a firearm to defend myself and my family than I do to breathe air. A good govt is one that fears it's constituents.
Not saying you can't. Just saying that you can defend yourself as well with one AR as you can 10.

But a guy with 10 can make 9 friends....

#14054423 - 08/16/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: MtnBoomer]  
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1,497
Jim_Knight Offline
Campfire Regular
Jim_Knight  Offline
Campfire Regular

Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1,497
Sandy, Utah
My only shotgun fell out of the canoe when I was duck hunting.....the rest were stolen and I just didn't report it to thee police because I thought " whew, dodged a bullet" on that one ( because a family member would more than likely kill me with it)….Long Live Big Brother!

#14054442 - 08/16/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: Jim_Knight]  
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,577
SockPuppet Offline
Campfire Tracker
SockPuppet  Offline
Campfire Tracker

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,577
High Desert
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
My only shotgun fell out of the canoe when I was duck hunting.....the rest were stolen and I just didn't report it to thee police because I thought " whew, dodged a bullet" on that one ( because a family member would more than likely kill me with it)….Long Live Big Brother!


Did the lake pass a background check? Thinking you may have broken the law on this transaction.


Would you experience immensely righteous fulfillment if I conceded to your condescending suspicions? -Northern Dave, 21st Century philosopher

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
#14054474 - 08/16/19 Re: How about now? Time to buy that AR yet? [Re: Sevastopol]  
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 12,869
local_dirt Online content
Campfire 'Bwana
local_dirt  Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 12,869
south of south
Originally Posted by Sevastopol
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Sevastopol
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've never been the least bit interested in AR's. Still not.

I wasn’t until I walked into Wal-Mart and saw a 6920 for $699 a couple years ago.




Best I ever saw was ~ $740, online. Best I see right now is ~ $150 more.

I know, right? I could not believe my luck (I usually miss out). Bought it right then and there.




Very good move, IMO.


No Ma'am. It's not my glasses that are crooked. It's my face.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

NRA and GOA member
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

AIH 160
Who's Online Now
109 registered members (19352012, 2ndwind, 2legit2quit, 257_X_50, 1911a1, 1_deuce, 14 invisible), 542 guests, and 570 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod









Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2018 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.076s Queries: 15 (0.003s) Memory: 1.0843 MB (Peak: 1.3627 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2019-08-23 06:54:08 UTC