Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
If it's still watching, you musta shot him with a Glock.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ever wonder if a dead person is watching?

no, but some things do make me wonder if ones life has already mapped out and we are all just going through the motions...
not everyone believes seemingly odd or strange things happen by sheer coincidence.

somethings seem so unusual that you seriously doubt you could just 'luck' or stumble into the sequence
of linked or synchcronized events, encounters, etc.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

So he was worth the raise but you let him go.............Hard to wrap my head around that one. As hard as it is to find decent employees these days I would think one would want to keep a good one when they found one.[/quote]

There are many good reasons for not promoting an employee too quickly or awarding a pay raise during probation.

Even today a dollar is a lot of money to a small buisness.

Also other employees to think about.

New employees need a serious interview at the end of probation.

This employee would be asking for another dollar in less than three months.

Slim
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hope if you take the elevator up there's something better to do than watch this asinine soap opera. I'd like to go hunting with the relative that made the fabulous shot of family stories for one. And there's always playing with the dogs.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by william_iorg

So he was worth the raise but you let him go.............Hard to wrap my head around that one. As hard as it is to find decent employees these days I would think one would want to keep a good one when they found one.

There are many good reasons for not promoting an employee too quickly or awarding a pay raise during probation.

Even today a dollar is a lot of money to a small buisness.

Also other employees to think about.

New employees need a serious interview at the end of probation.

This employee would be asking for another dollar in less than three months.
[/quote]

A horse that $hits fast don't $hit long

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
rem141r. which nut is positive?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Remember when Ed too many letters had his last get together at his place in East Texas? Remember they had a tornado blow thru the camp. I was planning to attend. But my mom passed away and her services were planned that weekend. Anyway where I usually set up my tent there behind Ed’s little cabin there on the place a big damn tree was blown over. Would have T-bone me there on my cot! Big damn tree. Always figgered maw had something to do with it.

Or Gawd.

PTL for answering prayers.

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/17/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I know it’s a odd question but had to let a employee go the other day he kept pestering me for a dollar raise hadn’t been there 3 months I kept telling him to wait for 6 months I new he was worth the raise but he hadn’t been with me long enough to trust so discussing it with my wife when I got to bed I explained how long it took me to get to that amount and wished I could find an old check stub from that period I told her I was going to read awhile and picked up a book I hadn’t read in several years and low and behold when I opened it one of those stubs fell out that my dad had wrote who died in 2016 I own the business now and 3rd generation

So he was worth the raise but you let him go.............Hard to wrap my head around that one. As hard as it is to find decent employees these days I would think one would want to keep a good one when they found one.

This

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I know it’s a odd question but had to let a employee go the other day he kept pestering me for a dollar raise hadn’t been there 3 months I kept telling him to wait for 6 months I new he was worth the raise but he hadn’t been with me long enough to trust so discussing it with my wife when I got to bed I explained how long it took me to get to that amount and wished I could find an old check stub from that period I told her I was going to read awhile and picked up a book I hadn’t read in several years and low and behold when I opened it one of those stubs fell out that my dad had wrote who died in 2016 I own the business now and 3rd generation

Why didn’t you tell him he was deserving of the raise, but he wasn’t getting it until he was there 6 months?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When Dad died back in 2011, Mom didn't last long in the house. She just wasn't up to it. For a couple of years, we left things as they were, and then I decided it would be better for us to move into his house and let the other one sit empty. His was the better of the two, and it was going to be easier to watch if we were there. In 2013, we moved in with just our toothbrushes, and have been dribbing stuff in from the other place since.

Moving into his place was a bit weird. KYHillChick and I slept in his bed for a few weeks until we got ours moved over. Everything was just as he'd left it down to the wash in the wash basket. Right away I had things to fix around the house, and Dad was more than a little disorganized. I found myself frequently calling out in vexation things like, "Dad! Where did you leave the spare ballcocks?" A few minutes later, I'd find them in with the light switches. "Dad? Where's your extension cord?" It'd be under a pile of newspaper.

To this day, I'll find myself calling out, "Dad, I could really use some 10-penny nails." Shortly thereafter, I'll knock over a coffee can and they'll be in there.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco

Why didn’t you tell him he was deserving of the raise, but he wasn’t getting it until he was there 6 months?

That's why I absolutely cannot work for other people.

I do like to think that I have been the type boss that tries to listen and understand my employees though...

I remember what it's like to ask for time off to go do something really important, only to be denied. Or listen to why an employee needed an advance or thought they needed a raise.

You just never know what someone has going on at home away from work. One employee needed a raise and advance. I asked why, and was told he little sister had cancer, and he mom had to quit her job to care for her, and he had to support them one way or another...

I gave him the raise and the advance with a note on the check stub he didn't have to pay it back... Just pay it forward when the time was right.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I asked why, and was told he little sister had cancer, and he mom had to quit her job to care for her, and he had to support them one way or another...[/b]

I gave him the raise and the advance with a note on the check stub he didn't have to pay it back... Just pay it forward when the time was right.

Atta Boy!!

That's how a small employer should treat his employees. An employee knows when an employer cares or not and it makes a huge difference.

I gave my two weeks notice to an employer one time and he told me he would beat whatever the new offer was, I asked him why he hadn't made that offer to me 2 years ago...........He didn't have an answer. I told him it was to late as I already gave my word to my new employer and wouldn't go back on it.

A good employer keeps good employees, a cheap employer does not, he keeps mediocre employees. If an employee is worth keeping pay him or her if they're not worth paying get rid of them and find ones that are.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by hanco

That's why I absolutely cannot work for other people.

I do like to think that I have been the type boss that tries to listen and understand my employees though...

I remember what it's like to ask for time off to go do something really important, only to be denied. Or listen to why an employee needed an advance or thought they needed a raise.

You just never know what someone has going on at home away from work. One employee needed a raise and advance. I asked why, and was told he little sister had cancer, and he mom had to quit her job to care for her, and he had to support them one way or another...

I'll be darned. You sound like a good guy to work for.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You guys here where they have enlisted men that make General in the first week after basic training?

It saves a lot of time.

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Anybody that asks for raise after 3 months is a douche and not going to be a good employee down the road at least 80% of the time.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Yeah...guy wanted enough to buy food with. I thought about it for a moment while driving home in my 75k truck to my 500k house and preparing for my 5th vacation this year...he seems greedy. Lol

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rem141r
do you mean like hoping my dead parents aren't watching when i'm standing in a bucket of water with a battery charger hooked to my nuts and beating off with a ear of field corn stuck up my ass?

Yeah.....that's clearly what we were all thinking.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Yeah...guy wanted enough to buy food with. I thought about it for a moment while driving home in my 75k truck to my 500k house and preparing for my 5th vacation this year...he seems greedy. Lol

Bernie is that you?

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by widrahthaar
Anybody that asks for raise after 3 months is a douche and not going to be a good employee down the road at least 80% of the time.
Sounds more like a guy that knows he's worth more than he's being paid and figures he's proven it for the past three months.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Three WHOLE months?

Buy that man a house!

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

235 members (30Gibbs, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 34 invisible), 2,812 guests, and 1,018 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,631
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.