Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Whodafuck thinks up this kinda schit? Weird mofos on here!

Fück Joe byron
GB1

W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I'm sure the businesses that underpay the employees dont think the business is underpaid when submitting the bill. My plumber sure doesnt think his business is underpaid.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hammer2506

earlybrd

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Yeah, but it sure beats the phuq out of watching the sun tea brew out back.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Meanwhile, back on the ranch with dead people. Here's my story.

Back in 2016, my father was 90 years old. I would go and spend time with him 4 or 5 times a week. I worked for him for 20 years and we were very close.

It was in February, and my wife and I were taking a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale to the Caribbean. An hour after we left port, my brother called me to tell me that Dad suddenly dropped dead. We were stuck on the ship and couldn't get off for 4 more days until we got to St. Maarten and could fly home. It was brutal, all I wanted to do was get home.

"On the third day", early in the morning, I was laying awake in bed and wifey was still asleep. I was laying there, looking across the room towards the hallway near the door to our room. There was a mirror on the wall, and from where I was, I could see the door through the mirror. As I laid there thinking about life and all of the good times, the hallway light came on.......then it went off......then on again........then off again......then on a third time.......then off. No one was there. It's the only time that light went on and off by it's self. Was Dad saying good bye?

Man your fuggin cheese done slid off your cracker!

Fück Joe byron
IC B2

E
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
E
I told him when his 6 months rolled around he would get his raise problem was he couldn’t get to work til 9:30 10am and I explained to him that if he showed up from 8-5 he’d make the same money as if he had a raise and would help me out more by me not waiting on him to get there he also signed a non compete clause when he was hired and what done him in was he went threw my files and took my original I found that out and offered for him to give it back and get his ass back to work he showed up later after closing and turned in his keys and uniforms

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Ah. There's the trust thing. I understand now.

E
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
E
He figured it out when he wouldn’t answer his work cell phone that I called to see where the hell he was at cause work needed done which was the only phone he had and I cut it off

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
A good boss would have let him come in for 1.5 hours each day...what ever time he wanted and pay him for the full 8 hours.

Jeeze.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Blackheart
A dollar raise is two dollars to an employer.

Them dang 1 percenters!
Two dollars don't amount to shyt today either.

Start a business then.
I have one. I'm the only employee. Won't ever hire another unless the business makes enough to afford to hire another at a decent wage. Don't want any slaves nor woud I expect anybody to work for peanuts.

apples to oranges.
Too bad they outlawed slavery huh ? I think there's a few here that would like some. But then it would likey cost more to feed, house and keep up on medical for a slave than it costs to hire someone for peanut wages and then get the taxpayer {me} to foot their food and medical bills with food stamps and medicaid.

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I told him when his 6 months rolled around he would get his raise problem was he couldn’t get to work til 9:30 10am and I explained to him that if he showed up from 8-5 he’d make the same money as if he had a raise and would help me out more by me not waiting on him to get there he also signed a non compete clause when he was hired and what done him in was he went threw my files and took my original I found that out and offered for him to give it back and get his ass back to work he showed up later after closing and turned in his keys and uniforms

I would have told you to gofuckyourself!

Fück Joe byron
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You ever do anything but insult people?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

You ever do anything but insult people?

Not really.

Last edited by Hammer2506; 08/17/19.

Fück Joe byron
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
no

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by slumlord
I got lost after the need for the 3rd period.

You are far more tolerant than I. Or more harder headed. 😉

Was there a question buried in there?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ever wonder if a dead person is watching?

I hear voices....................................does that count?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
.... a greedy [bleep] keeps a tight grip on Every dime so he can do better and better and pay just enough
to keep people from leaving.

Seen it too many times.

"Just enough to keep them from leaving" is actually the correct amount to pay. Labor is nothing more than an necessary evil
in providing a good or service.

so those that pay more generously with the business thriving are running the show the wrong way?

Originally Posted by william_iorg

So he was worth the raise but you let him go.............Hard to wrap my head around that one....

number crunchers often know the price of things but not the true value of them.

Its like them folks that say they cannot afford the accident insurance, yet seem to think they can still afford an accident .. grin

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Sure hope that was sarcasm.

Not showing up on time and going through your employers files??? The latter is not just grounds for firing. That is grounds for an ass kickin!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

paying an xtra $1/hr would be far more cost effective than beating up a good employee just for going through the filing cabinet.

but keep in mind the CF has folks that say they would open up with their 9mm if a passing truck blows diesel fumes on them.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by rem141r
do you mean like hoping my dead parents aren't watching when i'm standing in a bucket of water with a battery charger hooked to my nuts and beating off with a ear of field corn stuck up my ass?

You work up to the battery charger set on 70 amp jump start yet? What do you use on the corn cob? Asking for a friend.

positive on the ear and neg on the nuts. 12v maintenance free. that jumpstarting charge will destroy your math skills.

My diploma is a DD214
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (10gaugemag, Akhutr, Anaconda, BallisticBRYAN, 13 invisible), 1,571 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,207
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.