Print Thread
Hop To
#13960199 07/08/19
S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
any recommendations for a quick detach quiver for under $50? I really like the trophy taker sawtooth but it has horrible reviews. what are ya'll using?

GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Where are you going to hunt, and how are you getting there? How much security do your arrows need on the move? Thick brush, talk grass, or deep timber conditions will drive your quiver needs.

I’ve given up on budget quivers, they all seem to rattle loose over a season, or not be robust enough to carry in a saddle scabbard, or be able to take the “steep slope slide” that occasionally happens. Even with double shaft grippers, I’ve lost an arrow on the move in brushed over trails.

If it’s fast and local, a G-5 product probably gets the nod - Headlock or Halo - older models that are discontinued aka usually found on EBay pretty cheap. Double shaft groupers and a decent hood, though the hood can be too short with some longer Rage expandable broad heads. The Halo had the magnetic head, but the bow mount and quiver mount would get sloppy pretty fast. I thought the Headlock was a bit better, but the clamp didn’t always grab the rubber core center securely- especially in the cold. Had the whole quiver fall off on the move.

I had the Trophy Taker with the lighted hood, but the mount wore loose (rattled) pretty fast in the early season. Seemed to be a lot of vibration from the quiver on the shot - the buzzzz and shake were more than I liked.

If I’m going out West - Tight Spot. I’ve found these work best for me - YMMV. While they only have one shaft gripper, I have yet to have an arrow come loose on the horse, the ground or on the dreaded slide. I think because the gripper is quite a distance down the shaft towards the fletch, and there is very little leverage to “pop” the arrow out on the move from brush catching the shaft.

Last edited by AH64guy; 07/09/19.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I would spend a little more and get a tight spot.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Little more?

NRA Patron
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by dale06
Little more?

Camofire had some this Spring for a good discount.

E-Bay, Archery Talk Classified, or Rok Slide - usually can catch a deal if you are willing to wait and watch.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
if you bow hunt alot buy the best bow quiver you can afford and it will be closer to $100.00 . a quiver that bolts to your bow in 2 places is more solid and quiet. tree stand hunters can take their quiver off or use any kind of quiver, but if your hunting out west your need a good solid permanent quiver thats bolted on because your moving around alot unless you in a blind all day. yes quivers do suck but its just a needed tool on your bow. good luck and have a safe fall,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I guess it depends on whether you're talking about a bow or one of them compound devices. Can't help you with a compound, but for a bow, I'd check out Selway Stick Quivers. Their rawhide quiver hoods are beautiful.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by pete53
if you bow hunt alot buy the best bow quiver you can afford and it will be closer to $100.00 .

Agreed

Originally Posted by pete53
a quiver that bolts to your bow in 2 places is more solid and quiet. tree stand hunters can take their quiver off or use any kind of quiver, but if your hunting out west your need a good solid permanent quiver thats bolted on because your moving around alot unless you in a blind all day.

Respectfully disagree - I grew up hunting out West, and still hunt there every year. The newer quivers with metal brackets and construction are by far solid enough to outlast most hunters.

Elk hunting - I may need to tuck down and wait for a buddy to call a bull in, or need to move the bow without dragging the arrows across the ground. I will frequently pull the quiver off and tuck it in my pack, or drop it with the pack to get into a final shooting position. If the hunt is over, and the bow is strapped to a pack, I don't want the arrows compressed under the straps, or an arrow coming out of the quiver behind my head.

YMMV

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
now with respect,my pack is heavy,so sometimes i drop the pack and move quick to get ahead of the elk so i want my quiver always on bow. i shoot hoyts and / or Barnsdale bows so a 2 piece quiver bolted on works well for me , plus i am 6 ft. 2 inches with long arrows so i shoot a 37 inch axel to axel bow or longer and i like arrows tucked in quiver in two places attached for quietness.yes i am out there in the mountains 2 - 3 weeks every year everyone has a different way and as long as it works good for you.good luck to all ,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
give the Treelimb standard quiver a look. dont be fooled by its affordability. its tough. quiet. arrows stay put.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
IC B3

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Kwikee Kwiver is all I've used for over 25 years. I haven't had a reason to change or spend more on a quiver.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by N2TRKYS
Kwikee Kwiver is all I've used for over 25 years. I haven't had a reason to change or spend more on a quiver.

Same here, it's always worked great for me.

Life's Tough, God's Good, Pray Hard!
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Tight Spot is awesome. Spend the extra money and get a used one.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If you hike 1/2 mile to a treestand then remove your quiver to hunt then about anything you can find under 50$ will work. If you spot and stock elk in thick pines and dead falls then spend the money for something that doesn’t disturb your shot at 60 yards.

Wac em and stack em
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I like a larger span on my quivers. dont like arrows flopping.
Also space them out in the quiver.

Didnt know how my Mathews spider claw shorty would do.
Surprised it was OK.

Liked my 2 pc fuse on the hoyt.

Trad i like the Delta for a bolt on. Great northern for non bolt on.

Kwikee is a no go for me.

Last edited by hookeye; 07/29/19.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Tight Spot is the way to go.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Never thought it till I bought one......save your money and buy a tightspot.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
+1 for the Treelimb Standard.

I personally like the bolt on 2 piece Hoyt Quiver as it affords a much longer spacing on the grips.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,560 guests, and 699 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,520
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.