Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I can't believe I forgot about Cedar City. We drove across the Breaks last year on the way to Quemado and Armijo Springs. I haven't been there in eighteen years and Kanab has been discovered.

Cedar City might come down to my getting the medical insurance for military retirement and if that is accepted there.

I am getting excited by all the ares and though it is a couple of years and maybe a divorce away, I will be in the west!

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
BP-B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
We are rooting for you Tracy.

Dont sell Eastern Montana too short.....

Yes, its terrible.....but its charming.

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Cedar City also puts you close to several of nature's wonders like Bryce Canyon, Zion's, Cedar Breaks, Capitol Reef, Kolob, etc.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The Cedar City combined tax is 6.2%. That is down from the 8.15% I am paying in Vacaville.

Montana is in striking distance of a retired soldier. That would be a great road trip.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
The Cedar City combined tax is 6.2%. That is down from the 8.15% I am paying in Vacaville.

Montana is in striking distance of a retired soldier. That would be a great road trip.

Does that 6.2% include the state income tax? When we were there state income tax was 10% of your federal tax.

(Edit) I just looked it up; 6.2% is your sales tax only doesn't include all of the other taxes. Also Utah taxed groceries where Nevada doesn't.

Last edited by NVhntr; 08/17/19.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Talking Utah taxes to a guy from California is laughable.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Does that 6.2% include the state income tax? When we were there state income tax was 10% of your federal tax.

Currently

What is the Utah state income tax rate?
4.95%
The state of Utah has a single personal income tax, with a flat rate of 4.95%.Jan 31, 2018
Utah Income Tax Calculator | SmartAsset.com

https://smartasset.com/taxes/utah-tax-calculator

According to this site, in state income tax, I would be paying only a quarter of what I would in Arizona. But that road from Payson to Springerville on through Quemado then to Socorro is just inspiring. Again, it depends on if the wife stays and goes along with me, and if I qualify for the retirement medical plan, in which case I can leave northern California kaiser behind as well.

And I can hunt with bullets that have lead in them!

Last edited by Ranger_Green; 08/17/19.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Read the edit to my earlier post.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My brother went to school in Logan and has lived there a few other times over the years. He likes it there. He's moved his family back and forth between Logan and Idaho Falls a few times.

Idaho has even higher state income tax than Utah but property taxes seem to run a bit lower in Idaho. Idaho is not a low tax state. I've thought about Wyoming for low taxes but ig I went Wyoming it would be Afton or Star Valley Area.

Bb

W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I can't believe I forgot about Cedar City. We drove across the Breaks last year on the way to Quemado and Armijo Springs. I haven't been there in eighteen years and Kanab has been discovered.

Cedar City might come down to my getting the medical insurance for military retirement and if that is accepted there.

I am getting excited by all the ares and though it is a couple of years and maybe a divorce away, I will be in the west!

If you're referring to Tricare, almost all docs take it.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Cedar City. Or maybe a little north looks good to me. And the weather is less arctic. Not sure about the teens.

Logan on one trip there interested me. I even sent the wife a message saying such. But we're sticking with family further north. And tags (licenses) galore.

Mormonism is pretty crazy IMO. Pretty fake-assed to claim one believes that nonsense like the magic stones in the hat bs. But, whatever. They aren't as bad as coast heathens.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Oh, you'll feel the mormonista pressure.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My brother went to school in Logan and has lived there a few other times over the years. He likes it there. He's moved his family back and forth between Logan and Idaho Falls a few times.

Idaho has even higher state income tax than Utah but property taxes seem to run a bit lower in Idaho. Idaho is not a low tax state. I've thought about Wyoming for low taxes but ig I went Wyoming it would be Afton or Star Valley Area.

Bb

How high? We have no state income tax in Alaska, some cities have sales tax. But our property taxes are out the roof, we pay well over 5k a yr in property taxes. When my wife retires we are looking at Rigby as the place we retire too.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
State income tax in Idaho is over 7% and sales tax is 6% on pretty much everything. I live about 3 miles from Rigby and property tax on my new home is about 1% a year with a home owners deduction for about the first 100K.

The tax appraisals went up quite a bit again this year but still seem to be a ways below current market value. My new neighbors across the street are from California. They were just commenting on how they can't believe they have yet to hear a police siren.

I'll pay a bit over 3k in property tax this year but my home is worth over 500k. Tax is a lot less in Rigby than it was for me in Rexburg. Rexburg was about 1.6% after the exemption and they had my appraisal above market there but I was in town.

Rigby isn't too bad. The house next to me is for sell. It's the smallest and probably oldest home on the block. Its maybe 3100' on an acre for about $315,000. Your property tax would probably be less than 2k per year on it. Home prices seem to have finally quit climbing and may even be dropping. This spring stuff was going usually in a week with some bidding wars. Stuff seems like it's really slowed all the sudden.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 08/18/19.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
State income tax in Idaho is over 7% and sales tax is 6% on pretty much everything. I live about 3 miles from Rigby and property tax on my new home is about 1% a year with a home owners deduction for about the first 100K.

The tax appraisals went up quite a bit again this year but still seem to be a ways below current market value. My new neighbors across the street are from California. They were just commenting on how they can't believe they have yet to hear a police siren.

I'll pay a bit over 3k in property tax this year but my home is worth over 500k. Tax is a lot less in Rigby than it was for me in Rexburg. Rexburg was about 1.6% after the exemption and they had my appraisal above market there but I was in town.

Rigby isn't too bad. The house next to me is for sell. It's the smallest and probably oldest home on the block. Its maybe 3300' on an acre for about $330,000. Your property tax would probably be less than 2k per year on it.

Bb

My buddy told me to avoid Madison and bonneville County due to high property taxes. He lives in Jefferson County which I guess is the cheapest of all the counties. Sales tax doesn't bother me to much, after paying Alaska prices everything in lower 48 seems cheaper lol.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Jefferson definately has lower property taxes. My home would probably get taxed $1500 a year more in madison or Bonneville Co. I can still be in IF in 15 minutes if needed but Rigby has a grocery store and some fast food and pizza places for the little things. Theres a Sam's Club in IF and they just announced a costco.

4 of the new families on my street have lived in Alaska. Seems like I'm surrounded by Alaskans and Californians.

I paid $2.19 a gallon for milk and $2.63/ gal for gas yesterday.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 08/18/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My brother lives just outside of Coalville. He's been there for 20 years now. It's a nice small town. Park City is in the same county. Park City has exploded with a huge influx of Californians. They seem to be a cancer on the county but Coalville hasn't been affected, yet.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Utah is not a four-letter word. I prefer Ogden to Logan or Cedar City because Ogden has much better shopping, dining, and other options. Logan is also one of if not THE coldest part of Utah, just as St George on the opposite corner is the hottest.

Ogden gets about five days a year at or above 100 degrees and about five days below zero. Access to hunting, fishing, skiing, and camping within minutes. I came here almost 35 years ago and I am never leaving.

The smaller the town, the more the Mormon percentage, but while they will outnumber you they are not oppressive. Just tell your neighbors that you aren't interested and that's it. Ogden is about 50/50 LDS and not. They make wonderful neighbors. The church does affect state politics to a degree, but that's actually lessening over time as the population changes.

The downside? Utah is rapidly running out of water. We depend totally on snowfall for water, and with our exploding population (both birth and incomers like you) it is getting pretty near critical. If you move here, consider an existing house in an older neighborhood over new construction - to be sure you'll have water rights.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Tricare prime for retirees is way better than using a base. I love that I don't have a base near me. I guess in a smaller town it's possible you might not find doctors who accept it.

Thanks for your service.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Currently

What is the Utah state income tax rate?
4.95%
The state of Utah has a single personal income tax, with a flat rate of 4.95%.Jan 31, 2018
Utah Income Tax Calculator | SmartAsset.com

https://smartasset.com/taxes/utah-tax-calculator

According to this site, in state income tax, I would be paying only a quarter of what I would in Arizona. But that road from Payson to Springerville on through Quemado then to Socorro is just inspiring. Again, it depends on if the wife stays and goes along with me, and if I qualify for the retirement medical plan, in which case I can leave northern California kaiser behind as well.

And I can hunt with bullets that have lead in them!

https://themilitarywallet.com/military-retirement-pay-tax-exempt/

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
703 members (204guy, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 74 invisible), 2,958 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,767
Posts18,401,495
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.