Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
BTW - the hwy is apparently open now.

Swan went from 102K acres to 130K+ in a day. The map shows it so far up Thurman to the west end of trout l. Tis crimping my scouting efforts.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Just saw a video of the fire, it's right along the highway and you can see houses burning in the background. Pretty sad deal for those living out there and those with cabins.

So, A video posted on Facebook is how someone found out they lost everything they owned. Sad it went that way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hudge
Just saw a video of the fire, it's right along the highway and you can see houses burning in the background. Pretty sad deal for those living out there and those with cabins.

So, A video posted on Facebook is how someone found out they lost everything they owned. Sad it went that way.
Found out through FB? More like were told to evac via the state troopers.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just spoke to a young fellow that just made it through the fire. Sounds "special" right now, but they were letting two-way traffic through.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I heard there's a fire near Big Lake, anyone here about this one?

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I do not see it on the main fire site???

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Not that one, but there is a new one (yesterday) just south of anchor point.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm thinking this was a false alarm, can't find anything on it either.

Steelhead

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My wife just got through she’s headed to Fairbanks. They are using pilot car. I told her she been better off going through Glennallen, she left at 0700 this morning. I told her she be to delta jct by now. Never deviate from a plan!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hudge

Found out through FB? More like were told to evac via the state troopers.

Yeah, the evacuated alright. According to the wife, they said they saw their house on fire from the Facebook video someone had posted. That does suck, but hopefully they had insurance.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
last I heard just a bit ago, boss went up the spur and it was a 4-5 hour wait to get through, 1 way with a pilot car. Talkeetna here, now has smoke fairly heavy. Winds died down a lot, but shifted. SW I think at 3 last I looked.

Almost all charters are cancelling since they can't get to us.

But I"m thinking hey, a much needed nap, the last 2 weeks I put in 150 hours. Nap and then hop on the boat and fish for myself for once.

LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hoping to head that way Thursday afternoon if i get my truck fixed, hopefully they get this thing under control before then.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hoping to head that way Thursday afternoon if i get my truck fixed, hopefully they get this thing under control before then.

I would call that mighty optimistic, just saying...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of my buddys came through there yesterday on his way home from Clear, said he waited for over 4 hours to come through the area. As for being optimistic, it's about all I have right now.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You do intend to pass through and go well beyond, I hope...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, planning on turning down Petersville rd and going to our cabin, if that's a no go then we'll stay home.

Steelhead

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I have some close friends that (had) a cabin just a mile or two from Camp Caswell, they were out in front of their cabin talking to a fire crew the fire
crew told them that there was no danger and they were heading to a different fire.
less than 5 minutes later Troopers were at their door telling them to get out immediately.
My friends haven't made it back to see the damage but one of their neighbors found a way to slip back in and told them there was nothing but ash
where there cabin used to be.
Lost their home, shop, sleds, boat, car and motorhome, it was their primary residence so they lost all personal belongings as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dedity
I have some close friends that (had) a cabin just a mile or two from Camp Caswell, they were out in front of their cabin talking to a fire crew the fire
crew told them that there was no danger and they were heading to a different fire.
less than 5 minutes later Troopers were at their door telling them to get out immediately.
My friends haven't made it back to see the damage but one of their neighbors found a way to slip back in and told them there was nothing but ash
where there cabin used to be.
Lost their home, shop, sleds, boat, car and motorhome, it was their primary residence so they lost all personal belongings as well.
Damn, very sorry to hear that, hopefully they had insurance.

Steelhead

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
They are fully insured, worst part is they both retired a few years back sold their house in Anchorage and have been building this cabin ever since.
They just got everything completed and were starting to enjoy some leisure time.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by dedity
They are fully insured, worst part is they both retired a few years back sold their house in Anchorage and have been building this cabin ever since.
They just got everything completed and were starting to enjoy some leisure time.

Thank God they got out with their lives and that they had insurance. Hopefully they’ll be made whole and can get back to enjoying their retirement in paradise.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 3,342 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,296
Posts18,468,010
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.