-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nah, the .270 is a poser. I know guys that got so frustrated with the .270 they bought a 7mm Mag. Still couldn't hit anything in the woods of Georgia with them. The .308 is the little brother of the -06 that just never grew up.

The .30-30 is the laser of death. Boom.

I have my asbestos suit on, ya can't hurt me.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Nah, the .270 is a poser. I know guys that got so frustrated with the .270 they bought a 7mm Mag. Still couldn't hit anything in the woods of Georgia with them. The .308 is the little brother of the -06 that just never grew up.

The .30-30 is the laser of death. Boom.

I have my asbestos suit on, ya can't hurt me.

Can't believe you would promote an antique like the 30-30 when you could have a modern laser shooting smasher called the 300 Savage.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's because I'm a barbarian, not a savage.

Most days.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The .308 is short action and available appropriately twisted. The case is OK but not great. The .270 is one of the worst designed hunting rounds of the 20th century - wrong twist, crap bullets as a result, too much taper, too steep a shoulder. It really gets nothing at all right. A junk round that reflects poorly on those who shoot it.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
The .308 is short action and available appropriately twisted. The case is OK but not great. The .270 is one of the worst designed hunting rounds of the 20th century - wrong twist, crap bullets as a result, too much taper, too steep a shoulder. It really gets nothing at all right. A junk round that reflects poorly on those who shoot it.

That's some funny chit right there.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

WOW. Hard to believe that a 270 will kill anything more than the shooter.
That steep shoulder is really the big problem.
The 277x03 is a much better round.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by comerade
Personally, I have yet to buy much of anything for resale. Selling my hunting rifles would be a challenge, especially the synthetic stocked ones....never know, it could of been used as a Jack handle . I prefer the .308 Jack handle over the .270 Jack handle...just have too much respect for the .270 wcf.

And in like contoured barrels, the 270 will be stronger due to the smaller bore, and thus a better jack handle. Finally, it is decided!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Sounds like someone who tucks his weiner under and dances around in front of the mirror...just saying...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Sounds like someone who tucks his weiner under and dances around in front of the mirror...just saying...

LOL, I don't know about all that but I'd agree that the post is asinine. The .270 is a "junk round." These threads really bring out the best in critical thinking.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Good to know...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Brad

Good to know...

LB lives in La La land, obviously.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I especially like the " Twisted wrong" horse chit. Of everything I've ever loaded for,the 270 Win is hands down the most likely to group the full range of bullets well. Second place goes to the 7 Rem mag. Both have been accused of being twisted wrong. If you want to shoot bullets longer than the case it's coming from, buy a creedmoor. Spewing irrelevant bull chit to folks that know better is just a waste of bandwidth.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Otter6
Originally Posted by czech1022
The 308 will have better resale value.

The 270 is slowly dying in the used gun market, while the 308 is the biggest selling centerfire cartridge in the world, I believe.

A link or two to your source(s), would be interesting.

Crickets.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never let it be said that many ever let facts get in the way.
Fairy tales can come true...
It can happen to you...........

Last edited by fishdog52; 08/27/19.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I especiarry rike the " Twisted wong" horse chit. Of everything I've ever roaded for,the 270 Win is hands down the most rikery to group the furr range of burrets werr. Second prace goes to the 7 Rem mag. Both have been accused of being twisted wong. If you want to shoot burrets ronger than the case it's coming from, buy a creedmoor. Spewing irrerevant burr chit to forks that know better is just a waste of bandwidth.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by comerade
Personally, I have yet to buy much of anything for resale. Selling my hunting rifles would be a challenge, especially the synthetic stocked ones....never know, it could of been used as a Jack handle . I prefer the .308 Jack handle over the .270 Jack handle...just have too much respect for the .270 wcf.

And in like contoured barrels, the 270 will be stronger due to the smaller bore, and thus a better jack handle. Finally, it is decided!

HuntandSoot, yes a fellow misuser of the 15.00 dollar, plastic and pot metal truck gun. There is a chance will will bend the barrel straight and true. Things that embarrass me, 1) admitting I own Tupperware 2) black Tupperware 3) a decent barrelled action on a Tupperware stock.
Any of the above is fair game as a pry bar, jacket handle or shim stock. There must be a thread somewhere expounding the superiority of the .308 for thes uses.....maybe I dreamt it.Cheers

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider

LB lives in La La land, obviously.

His name.......... Lam A Bob

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I especiarry rike the " Twisted wong" horse chit. Of everything I've ever roaded for,the 270 Win is hands down the most rikery to group the furr range of burrets werr. Second prace goes to the 7 Rem mag. Both have been accused of being twisted wong. If you want to shoot burrets ronger than the case it's coming from, buy a creedmoor. Spewing irrerevant burr chit to forks that know better is just a waste of bandwidth.

[Linked Image]

ROR!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

[Linked Image]

Nice work.😀 Dadt funnry.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Only reason I can think of is surplus ammo.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (02bfishn, 1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 63 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,746
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.