Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Springcove
The traffic is so bad already it’s aggravating. Kamas is growing out of hand as well. The billionaires are pushing the millionaires out of Park City. 1500 new homes being built around the Jordanale. We will have an inversion layer like SLC and Boise in no time.

Picks are great by the way.

Coalville ?

only traffic is Moose crossing right ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Coalville is definitely an option... How did your steaks turn out?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I just looked at the Climate data for Logan, thought you guys said it was cold?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Springcove
Coalville is definitely an option... How did your steaks turn out?

kicked azz & took names...........

just finished ribs.......corn on cob....cole slaw......fresh green beans.......Utah watermelon (not GR)

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

here ya go..........

http://www.coalvillecity.org/

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Ogden is fulla nigs and has a pretty notorious rap music scene.

If that's considered 'northern utah'
Just FYI

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Four hours to the north for me

I stay away........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I would rather be in Southwest Utah somewhere around Cedar City.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

windows open during the summer here.........

heard an Owl recently........

Coyote once in a while........

but we kill them SOB's.........$50/head

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been in 14 states and 2 provinces in the last 12 months. A guy can find many places that he could call home. There really isn't a shortage of great places. I wish I had the funds to have 8 houses scattered about. I agree with Bristoe. KY doesn't suck. I would likely put on too much weight there, however.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Agreed. Last couple of years I have been everywhere south of NY except Louisiana. Seen "some" good country in all of of them. More in some than others for sure. If'n a guy didn't have to make a living or raise a family it'd be wide open. LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
All,

I have a couple years to go to retirement and I hope to flee California. For the record, none of the things I voted for passed, except Prop 8, the definition of marriage that was overturned by a gay judge. I won't be bringing any liberal ideas with me.

But I will be bringing two daughters. One will be a teen, the other a "tween". Is Logan a good place to finish raising girls? I want peace and quiet and no thug life gagsta crap. Shooting is a must, hunting can't be worse than here. I love to waste time on a river bank. Most people call it fishing but I won't lie; I am a lousy fisherman. My backpacking days are limited but Utah is gorgeous. I have seen too many of Tikkanut's photos and other's before him. I have an old work friend up in Thayne.

What do you think?

Hope you can make this work and get out the hell hole you are in.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Utah would be at the top of my list...mostly really good people in utah...mostly hard working and honest...your girls will be dating so stay away from the city...fishing is good year around ...unlimited shooting out in the desert...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Gentlemen,

Thanks for all this knowledge and experience. You have expanded my area of interest and I will make efforts to see them all. I had written Idaho off as having too many Californians already. Most of them had made a lot more in the equity lotto than I will and so have probably snatched up the better places. But they may have different tastes than I do, so I will look around. I have not yet been to Idaho or Montana.

As for the Mormon community issue, I know that I will be the outsider moving into their area. I have had good luck with LDS kids coming by as missionaries. I am concerned as any parent would about the girls getting along and making friends. The renting idea is a sound one.

It's just too bad I can't afford multiple homes.

Good advice from Rocky......so & tooooooo many new homes being built.......it all takes W A T E R ....

Buy an established home with all your utilities & water

The winter of 2018-19 was a blessing for Utah & all of the west..we need it every winter !

Nearly all the reservoirs this spring/summer in Utah just dumped water.....

Our irrigation company had 'free' water from mid April until Aug 1st.....or it went downstream.......

Plenty of places to consider.....I'm a transplant myself....Oct '79 from west PA.....never a moments regret !

Soooo much wide open space......in my part of Utah..........stop in some time......show you my land/your land !

Utah is a land of contrast........my first ex wife & mother of my children once said 'Utah is a man's land'

She now lives in Mesa AZ close to the malls & all that BS.........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Your first ex-wife?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've lived in Cache county for the last 25 years, Logan for 18 or so years and then moved a few miles north (just a little south of the Idaho border). This is a great place to live and raise a family. My neighbors are good people. The valley is growing fast (that's a relative thing). Winters are tough at times, inversions are a fact of life here and January and February can be cold and gloomy. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you. If you come for visit I'd be happy to play tour guide.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Coalville ?

I am pretty sure I got hit on by a dude one time at the Coalville rest stop, a couple years ago.

I tucked tail and ran like a 5 year old, crying.

Scared, I was.

T
T
When I lived in Smithfield (just north of Logan) there was a private shooting range at the bottom of Smithfield Dry Canyon, spent lots of evenings there. The field below it was winter range for mule deer, used to count over a hundred on a December evening. It's now a housing development. I'm going to say that Cache County is the victim of its own successes. If I were to move there now, I'd go to Preston (maybe - I haven't been there in a long time - might be a similar story). There is some fine fishing but you have to look for it...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think I could live in Utah and enjoy it. But---Where I was born, is where I retired and wouldn't have it any other way.
Utah, Wyoming, and Idaho have a lot to see, but I just couldn't imagine living/retiring anywhere else.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Tracy,
So fR I think Tikkanut and Burley Boy have hit the nail square on the head. I’m just outside of Boise in Mtn. Home where there’s an AF base nearby. Yup, growing fast in the Boise area, but still beat the hell out of most places.

Always welcome to send me a PM and we can connect. Come on up and check it Out!

Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Ranger Green, I live just over the hill from Vacaville, near the prison. Like you, I'm a veteran, but Air Force in my case. That's how I ended up in California. Can't wait to get out - 4 or 5 years tops. Anyway, I have family in Utah and Idaho (I grew up in Idaho, Nampa area) and I can tell you, avoid the Boise area, it's just growing too fast and getting too expensive. Pocatello or Idaho Falls would be pretty good areas, also Rigby or Rexburg. As far as Utah goes, Logan and the Cache valley are pretty nice areas. I would avoid the Wasatch Front for the same reasons as avoiding Boise. Tikkanut lives in a great area (I have enjoyed his hospitality) but it might be on the small side for a couple of girls accustomed to living in Vacaville. Cedar City is where I intend to go - it's got everything I want, I think you would also like it there. PM me if you want to go hunting or shooting sometime. Gotta warn you though, I'm one of those LDS people you've been warned about in this thread! lol

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

499 members (22kHornet, 280fan, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 40 invisible), 2,639 guests, and 1,075 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,286
Posts18,467,868
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.