Print Thread
Hop To
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
FS: used books on US/Western history, WWII, world history topics.

ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING TO CONUS ZIP CODES. I DO NOT DO PAYPAL NOR CREDIT CARDS, BUT DO TAKE CASH, PERSONAL CHECKS MADE OUT TO MY "LEGAL" (FIRST) NAME AND ALL MOs.

HOW IT WORKS: if you want to order a book or books, put an "I'll take book(s) #_____" as a "reply" on this thread. Then I'll acknowledge your order on the thread, mark the books sold (SPF) on the ad, and PM you my "legal" name and address for payment.

Please use PMs only for comments and questions--only an "I'll take ____" will work as a order.

TAKE $1 OFF THE PRICE OF ANY BOOK OR BOOKS THAT YOU ORDER AFTER THE FIRST ONE! (I get a break on postage for multiple book orders and kick a bit back to you).

US/Western history books

1) "Little Brown Brother: How the US Purchased and Pacified the Philippine Islands at the Century's Turn" by Leon Wolf. Wolf's Francis Parkman Prize-winning account of the Philippine conflicts, first with the Spanish, then with various native "rebels." Our Spanish "victory" was largely a negotiated settlement after the destruction of their puny Asiatic fleet. But the conflicts with and among Filipino factions continued to sputter along from their bloody beginnings a the end of the 19th Century into our own times. Wolf also details the bitter political battles between the "Imperial" and "andti-Imperial" factionsin the US government and public during the beginning of our long Philippine "experiment." HB 400 near new cond. illus w/many b/w photos, map. (Lots of "trapdoors" still in action in 1899--my grandfather used his against the Spanish, then a Krag against the "Moros." But my son got to take an M-4 when his MEU's cruise ship visited Mindanao a few years ago....They don't call 'em Moros any more, by the way.). $7

2) SPF "When Trumpets Call: Theodore Roosevelt After the White House" by Patricia O'Toole.

3) "Coal Was King: Huerfano County's Mining History" by Nancy Christopherson. Major coal mining operations began around 1895 and continued hru the GReat Depression in this Colorado county. This local history covers that period and fifteen major mines in the eight coal mining areas of the county, chronicling labor movements, lockouts and violence, including the Ludlow Strike and La Veta Massacre. Softbound 115 pp new cond. illus w/b/w photos, seven maps, appendix and index. $4

4) "Nevadans:\" by Rollan Melton. The collected columns of a lifelong Nevada newspaper columnist, these paint a mosaic of the history and people of Nevada, from the high rollers of gaming and politics to the "nobodies" who make everyone else's lives possible. Ninety columns on all sorts of Nevada doins from 1945 to 1988. Quality PB (U. Nevada Press) 293 pp. new cond. illus w/original drawings and signed by the author. $5

5) SPF "Breakout: The Chosin Reservoir Campaign, Korea, 1950" by Martin Russ.

6) "The Coldest War: A Memoir of Korea" by James Brady. The Korean War up close and personal after it had turned into "trench warfare." Brady arrived in Korean an inexperienced Marine Reserve "butter bar" and spent his war in the trenches against the PLA. "A small, mean, and cold war". PB 253 pp. exc. cond illus w/b/w photos, map.

7) "Secret War" by Billy G. Webb. Webb, a USAF special operations officer from Alabama, served nine years in Laoe and Thailand in support of our "secret" anti-communist war in Laos. This is a very personal history of that long and largely forgotten conflict: personal triumphs and losses, and details of the whole experience. PB 473 pp. new cond. illus w/b/w photos of "secret" US and Lao aircraft and troops, and maps. $7

8) SPF "American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in US Military history" by Chris Kyle.

Thanks for reading my post. It was supposed to have a lot more books, but the site (or my lack of computer literacy) wouldn't cooperate. So what you see, is what you could get.

DON'T FORGET TO TAKE $1 OFF THE PRICE OF ANY BOOK OR BOOKS THAT YOU ORDER AFTER THE FIRST ONE!

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

Last edited by Mesa; 08/16/19.

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I’ll take numbers 5 and 7.

PM headed your way.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I’ll take2 & 8
Thanks

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Book #5 SPF to slowmover12 per your PM. #7 still available.
Books #s 2 and 8 SPF to bamagun01.

Thanks for buying again, both of you!

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
BTT

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
IC B2

M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
BTT

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Am I missing the price on #6?

M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
DJC73, the price on #6 "TheColdest War" is $6 shipped. When I posted these the system logged me off before I could get the ad really finished, so it isn't what I intended.... I'm gonna try again soon with a new ad and more books, and hope that glitch is "nothing personal"....

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'll take #6 and #7.

Pm sent

M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Books #s 6 and 7 SPF to CJC73 Thakd for buying! Answer to your Pm on the way.

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
686 members (160user, 12344mag, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 2,675 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,615
Posts18,398,454
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.