Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Fox News host roasts NRA's LaPierre: 'An odious little grifter' who needs to go
© Greg Nash
Fox News host Steve Hilton is blasting National Rifle Association (NRA) CEO Wayne LaPierre, calling him "an odious little grifter" who needs to be shown the door.

Hilton’s criticism comes amid leadership upheaval at the NRA, with at least four members of the gun rights lobbying group’s board of directors stepping down in the past few weeks, following the resignation of NRA President Oliver North in April.

Meanwhile, earlier this month, board members had to defend a reported proposal for the organization to spend $6 million on a Dallas-area mansion for LaPierre.

"For years, Wayne has taken NRA members’ money to live the life of a king, but he’s not a king. He’s the head of a nonprofit trusted by millions to use its funds to secure constitutional rights,” Hilton, the host of "The Next Revolution," said during his "Swamp Watch" segment Sunday. “He’s an odious little grifter and it’s time for him to go.”

Hilton listed several high-ticket purchases LaPierre has made over the years while running the NRA, including a $5 million estate and luxury travel and rent costs incurred during trips to the Bahamas and throughout Europe that entailed private air charters and drivers.

"He made NRA members pay for a trip to Italy and Budapest in 2014, including $6,500 at the Four Seasons Hotel. I've been to that hotel. It's lovely," Hilton said.

"But Mr. LaPierre, there are other countries and other hotels you can stay at, if you want to protect the Second Amendment. Try the Hyatt in Washington, D.C. It's a short walk to places like the United States Congress and the Supreme Court where Americans' gun rights are actually decided, not Budapest or even Lake Como, where you billed NRA members $2,400 for a stay at this luxury retreat, the Casta Diva Resort," he continued. "Not to mention $17,550 for an air charter, also known as a private jet, to get you from one to the other. Oh, and $18,300 for a car and driver at each end."

LaPierre has been CEO of the NRA since 1991.

The Hill has reached out to the NRA for comment.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just happened to be tuned to that program - Hilton does some very good stuff at times, but that presentation was, misleading, incomplete and unfair. Hilton was trying for the sensational - and possibly doing the bidding of someone associated with the NRA. Hilton's possible "integrity" went down a few notches in my book.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Ridiculous, spending that kind of money !
He's got to go !

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by CCCC
Just happened to be tuned to that program - Hilton does some very good stuff at times, but that presentation was, misleading, incomplete and unfair. Hilton was trying for the sensational - and possibly doing the bidding of someone associated with the NRA. Hilton's possible "integrity" went down a few notches in my book.

so; were his statements inaccurate?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Shenanigans like that are one of the many reasons my money goes to GOA, not NRA. The NRA big wheels long before LaPierre came to power in the organization have had an incestuous relationship with a few members of congress on both sides of the aisle, and they have squandered regular members' hard earned dollars in Washington and apparently worldwide while doing little if anything to protect our rights. Let's hope Wayne L. and a lot more of his money-gtubbing cronies get run out of town on a rail, wearing a brand new wardrobe of tar and feathers!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I really didn’t have a problem with the suits. You want the head of your organization to be well dressed and $35,000 is probably ten suits. But, this other stuff seems way over the top. Why does he even need to go to those places? Is there some 2nd Amendment stuff happening at Lake Como? Was he personally lobbying George Clooney? Just crazy.

G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
[spoiler][/spoiler]

This is the typical character assassination we get from from the NRA establishment.

Ask me who I trust North or LaPierre and my answer is, NORTH. Who do I think should be in jail, Lapierre

Last edited by gahuntertom; 08/19/19.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
personnally, if the info is available, i'd much rather hear from the various perspectives of the gun mfg's themselves: ruger, s&w, remington, even glock, etc.

they're the ones who live and die by gun sales. and we're the ones who breathe life into their corporate bodies, as we create demand; and they offer supply.

the outsiders are doing good, but it's at a pretty high cost for benefits received?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Remove and prosecute.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't care how much of his NET SALARY he wants to spend at Lake Como or on a "car and driver." But to bill that to the org when there doesn't seem to be a relation to the NRA's mission of preserving firearms rights in America, I develop an attitude.

As for the suits, he could probably get ten all at once and get a bulk discount from Jos A Bank or whatever.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Antvera
[quote=CCCC]Just happened to be tuned to that program - Hilton does some very good stuff at times, but that presentation was, misleading, incomplete and unfair. Hilton was trying for the sensational - and possibly doing the bidding of someone associated with the NRA. Hilton's possible "integrity" went down a few notches in my book.

+1

Three posts and they consist of "nice", "amazing" and "+1". Bot anyone...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But what would w4b say? lol

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He has been there too long. Power and corruption is catching up. A little works well because that is what gets things done but after a wile it gets too big to handle and goes out of control.

Last edited by champlain_islander; 08/19/19.

living the good life every day
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As someone suggested on another thread, if Wayne LaP had any class, he would realize that his staying on hurts the organization and step down.
The fact that he will not speaks volumes about him and his regards for both the NRA and it's members.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Certainly the money and other details come into play, but the NRA's constant appeasement and support for gun control is the bigger issue. The last I knew they had a video supporting Red Flag Laws up on their site. IIRC it was Chris Cox who did it and he's since been shi tcanned, so maybe its been taken down.

With friends like the NRA, who needs enemies?

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
It appears that the NRA's BoD doesn't have a clue as to what the purpose of a BoD is.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
That 400+ million they pull in annually is obviously way more than what they need to support 2nd amendment causes. The problem that will come about with less funds is the leadership at the NRA is going to have to chose between maintaining their current lifestyle or funding 2A causes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gahuntertom
[spoiler][/spoiler]

This is the typical character assassination we get from from the NRA establishment. Ask me who I trust North or LaPierre and my answer is, NORTH. Who do I think should be in jail, Lapierre
If my interpretation of your reply (negative?) is correct, you need to get it through your head that I am not in any way the "NRA establishment, nor do I speak in defense of Lapierre or the NRA Board. My comments about Hilton's presentation were cool analysis of what he did on air - he is responsible for what he utters and how it is couched - and I said zero about his character. Even though I'm certainly not a Lapierre supporter, unfair journalism must be identified as such. Lapierre needs to go and soon will be gone, and the Board requires some serious reconfiguration of rules and behavior. North was not good for that body, as exemplified by his behavior, and he needed to go as well I'm impressed that he was big enough to remove himself (I think). If I misinterpreted your post and it was in some way supportive of mine, ignore my reply and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
But what would w4b say? lol

I'd say even with the NRA youi fellas will lose some gun rights. Laughing at you's, not with you's grin grin grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
And what about your rights? You somehow exempt?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 66 invisible), 2,959 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,148
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.