Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Shiit man... Tough deal, wonder what age they'll let a child choose who\where they wanna go\be with?? Luck man.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
sad parm. hope it works out in your way

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Damn, that’s tough. Being raised by two good parents and wife and I doing same for our two, it’s hard to imagine.
Don’t know why the father has not met his 11 yo son. If by his choice, that’s pretty telling.

NRA Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lawyer. Before you act.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hard to being to even guess what's best without knowing something of the circumstances.

For a father to never have met his child seems unusual if in fact he knew the child existed.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Hard to being to even guess what's best without knowing something of the circumstances.

For a father to never have met his child seems unusual if in fact he knew the child existed.

^^^^This in spades^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The kid is lucky that he has you guys, I wish the best for all involved. My condolences, it’s not easy losing a sister and a mother.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Dad may be fine...sTay open minded...if there was a divorce many times mom has nothing nice to say about dad..the kid grows up thinking dad is no good...it happened to my brother and the kids never figured it out till they were older...he probbly di serves a chance..

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good luck!!

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If the father of the boy has never met him I have to ask did he pay your SIL child support all these years?

I suspect not. Which tells me a lot about his character.

The boy is much better off with you and your wife. If that's what the boy wants I'd fight for him.

FWIW - the wife and I took in two kids when their parents (our good friends) were killed in a murder/suicide. We never officially adopted them, the grandparents refused to allow it, but we raised them in our home for many years. Now, 20 years later, both of those kids are grown and married with little children of their own and they call us Grammy and Grandpa.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
Dad may be fine...sTay open minded...if there was a divorce many times mom has nothing nice to say about dad..the kid grows up thinking dad is no good...it happened to my brother and the kids never figured it out till they were older...he probbly di serves a chance..

this

far too often dad's are demonized and refused contact with there kids. If I didn't have family support and a good lawyer, my ex would have done anything to keep me from my kids.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
We're meeting with a family lawyer on Thursday and should have some answers I hope. It'll all work out one way or the other and if he ends up here, we'll take good care of him. That's all we can do.

It's obvious you've got both your heart, and your head, in the right place. Godspeed to you all.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well after 26hrs of traveling, we finally made it home at about 3am today with an extra kiddo in tow. Got him all registered for school then getting some school supplies. I didn't think a short trip could be so long! After the dust settles it's time to go caribou hunting. I'm ready to get out and have some fun!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Well after 26hrs of traveling, we finally made it home at about 3am today with an extra kiddo in tow. Got him all registered for school then getting some school supplies. I didn't think a short trip could be so long! After the dust settles it's time to go caribou hunting. I'm ready to get out and have some fun!

Good for everyone concerned!

Glad that worked out!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Seek council--
Child custody can be a real problem

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Seek council--
Child custody can be a real problem

We met with a lawyer in Maine, now going to meet with one here. The father who hasn't even met the boy, never showed up. He's not even on the birth certificate. Everything is moving along as best as it can at the moment.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good luck, I hope he grows into a fine man.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We met with a lawyer in Maine, now going to meet with one here. The father who hasn't even met the boy, never showed up. He's not even on the birth certificate. Everything is moving along as best as it can at the moment.

Kudos to you for taking the boy on, I'll guarantee you he will never forget. I'm damn proud of you!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Good on you 2 for stepping up and helping the young lad out from a bad situation.Speaks volumes of you+ the Mrs' charactor
Keep his mind busy so he doesn't dwell on the negatives he's been thru.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My hat’s off toy you and your wife. I can’t imagine a much greater responsibility one could assume than raising another’s child.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,876
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.