Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Occasionally. Like Churchwardens just for fun. Black Cavendish suits me.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Here’s my reenacting pipe bag. A simple native twined wool bag I made. A pipe I carved out of Llano county Stetite (soap stone) and a piece of river cane for a stem. And naturally my strike -a-lite and char for lighting up. Appropriate kit for 18th and 19th century personnas.

[Linked Image]

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's a few here that are on the pipe, no doubt about it. eek

[Linked Image]
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I'm into pipes a little... Just have 40 or 50 pipes, and about 100 lbs of tobacco. Tobacco- real tobacco, none of this "herbal" crap. Also, my tobaccos have natural flavoring, no artificial aromatic glycol soaked burley.

I'm into pipes a little.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by LoadClear
I'm into pipes a little... Just have 40 or 50 pipes, and about 100 lbs of tobacco. Tobacco- real tobacco, none of this "herbal" crap. Also, my tobaccos have natural flavoring, no artificial aromatic glycol soaked burley.

I'm into pipes a little.

🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Founder

WS

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
My grandpa smoked a pipe all of the years I knew him (50) and I can never forget the smell of Velvet brand tobacco. My brother still has his old wrought iron pedestal ash tray, and you can still smell that tobacco! He quit smoking his pipe a week or so before he died at 93 in the hospital. He told me that he started smoking his pipe when he homesteaded in 1910.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm into pipes a little.

No aromatic's for me either......my daily driver is Lane 1Q. It's pretty mild but has a great taste and aroma.

I buy it in bulk...about 2lb's a year as well as a few pouches of John Bull for when I'm in the mood for something a little stronger.

Carter Hall's good but it's getting pretty expensive for what it is.

Last edited by FieldGrade; 08/18/19.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

I'm into pipes a little.

No aromatic's for me either......my daily driver is Lane 1Q (I buy it in bulk...about 2lb's a year) but I keep a few pouches of John Bull on hand too.

Carter Hall's good but it's getting pretty expensive for what it is.

Lane 1Q is an aromatic- has vanilla flavoring added... actually it can be argued that Carter Hall is as well. Certainly not as heavily topped as 1Q or drugstore aros, but flavored nonetheless.

Carter Hall has a doppelganger called Chatham Manor by Hearth and Home (pipesandcigars dot com) It's available in bulk and is much cheaper than Carter Hall in pouches. It is also a higher quality tobacco IMO as well.

Note: not disparaging aromatics as many do... I smoke them (rarely) when required given indoors with company, but just not my thing in general.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I quit many years ago, but still have many pipes including several from both of my GrandFathers. I still miss it.
I always liked Prince Albert & Sir Walter Raleigh Tobaccos as that’s what both of them used & I loved the smell of them when I was a kid. Always brought back good memories 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought 1Q wasn't aromatic but I'll take your word for it.

As for Carter Hall......I've heard it both ways but again..."I'll take your word for it".

I too order from pipesandcigars. They usually have sales and free shipping around the holidays so I'll order a couple pounds of 1Q and a pouch or tin or two of something stronger.

I'll give Chatham Manor a look next order......thanks.

PS......I used to mix 1Q and Carter Hall 50/50 before they raised the price so much......it was good.....real good.

Last edited by FieldGrade; 08/18/19.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Herbal tobacco? Hell no.

Imitation beef? Hell no.

Fake titties? Hell.......well.....just for looking at.

You know how to tell the difference between fake titties and real titties? Who Cares! smile One of like three jokes I know.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Used to. Favorite tobacco was Balkan Sobranie, latakea blend with a pinch of perique. No flavoring. Tasted wonderful but reminded everyone else of old socks.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I quit many years ago, but still have many pipes including several from both of my GrandFathers. I still miss it.
I always liked Prince Albert & Sir Walter Raleigh Tobaccos as that’s what both of them used & I loved the smell of them when I was a kid. Always brought back good memories 🤠

I had a great uncle that would set out on the porch and smoke his pipe. Always loved the smell. He smoked Prince Albert in the flat tins. Had 100's of empty tins stashed in the trunk of his car. Don't know why he kept them, but he did.

One time I went by and he was smoking some other tobacco. Asked him why he had changed? He looked at me and asked me if I always drank coke? Old Fart!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Old rancher told me when he was a kid he worked for another old rancher that chewed plug tobacco. When he was done he’d place that old chewed cud up on the porch rafter and let it dry out. Then it went in his pipe.

Founder

WS

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Nope. Never smoked anything

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did for years. Quit in 1984. Best thing I ever did for heath reasons. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I partake once in awhile although not very often these days. So I have a bunch of good tins aging:)

Since I don’t smoke much I end up trying a variety of tobaccos. In general I like Virginias and Virginia blends best. Sam Gawith Full Virginia Flake is my favorite, especially with some age on it.

Couple of Savinellis:

[Linked Image]

Erik Nording Freehand and an Orlik straight bulldog:

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
Herbal tobacco? Hell no.

Imitation beef? Hell no.

Fake titties? Hell.......well.....just for looking at.

You know how to tell the difference between fake titties and real titties? Who Cares! smile One of like three jokes I know.

Haha I’m with you. But there is a large camp of dudes who much prefer natural to implanted tits. All good, some better I say. Always been a variety is the spice of life kinda guy

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
tobacco is like heroin to me. if i'm smoking, i'm banging them down. cigars especially. cheap ones, good ones, it don't matter and inhaling several a day. i wish i could smoke a pipe casually but i'd be on the back porch pounding that thing all day if i did. i just gotta steer clear. its a shame too cause i enjoy tobacco. too much apparently.

My diploma is a DD214
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I use to. I got hooked on Erinmore Flake. I sure burned a lot of Prince Albert and Sir Walter Raleigh years ago though. I went cold turkey when I quit then got hooked on Beechnut chew for many years while working underground. That was really hard to quit.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 52 invisible), 2,685 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,032
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.