Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rong
Good on you 2 for stepping up and helping the young lad out from a bad situation.Speaks volumes of you+ the Mrs' charactor
Keep his mind busy so he doesn't dwell on the negatives he's been thru.

He'll stay busy with my two boys. We'll get him into some sports or whatever he wants to do. He'll definitely have more opportunities than he did before.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have a sh~t ton of hunting and fishing gear , knives , boots, cloths and the likes, just say the word on what sizes and needs you have, and I will pack up a box and ship it to you, I know kids need love, but they need stuff too. Congratulations !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just seeing this. Good on you all.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jimy
I have a sh~t ton of hunting and fishing gear , knives , boots, cloths and the likes, just say the word on what sizes and needs you have, and I will pack up a box and ship it to you, I know kids need love, but they need stuff too. Congratulations !

Thanks for the generous offer but that's one area that I have covered! I have tons of gear for me and the boys, and usually buy a year or so ahead for the kids when stuff is on sale. Don't want to be competing with the masses right before the season!

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

Sounds like the 24HCF wants to adopt him.

Best of luck to you up there on the caribou hunt.

Last edited by kroo88; 08/19/19.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kroo88

He's never been around much hunting or fishing, so I'll break him slowly. I need to get him out fishing for silvers though. That's always a good time! We've got a herd of .22s for him to start on at the range. Hopefully he enjoys it like my boys do.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
you're a good man.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Kudos and good luck to you!

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good for you!!

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
Originally Posted by kroo88

He's never been around much hunting or fishing, so I'll break him slowly. I need to get him out fishing for silvers though. That's always a good time! We've got a herd of .22s for him to start on at the range. Hopefully he enjoys it like my boys do.

I see some good natured competition coming!

I’m sure you’re prepared to use water balloons, ping pong balls, whatever to make it more fun.

Y’all are good folks p-tarm.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I truly hope that all will be willing to do what is best for him.
Sounds like it is bad enough now losing his mother and only parent at that age.
Read on down after original post, good for you and your wife.
I assume there are still final legal system hoops to jump through.
Young man is going to have some adjustment issues so patience will be a virtue here.
All will work out in the end!

Last edited by LouisB; 08/19/19.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Reading stories like this make this place worthwhile.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ptarmigan, God bless you and your new family member. You are doing an extraordinary thing by your selfless act of love and by doing so you’re literally changing one young man’s life for the better. I’m sure that when you’re old and gray you’ll look back and thank God for blessing you with the privilege of being a dad to a fatherless boy.

To paraphrase Ronald Reagan........”Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, Mr. & Mrs. Ptarmigan don't have that problem.” 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
There is a higher being that usually manages these issues for the best in the long run.

For that I"ll pray. And for the family, and friends, thoughts prayers and condolences.

Safe travels.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LouisB
I truly hope that all will be willing to do what is best for him.
Sounds like it is bad enough now losing his mother and only parent at that age.
Read on down after original post, good for you and your wife.
I assume there are still final legal system hoops to jump through.
Young man is going to have some adjustment issues so patience will be a virtue here.
All will work out in the end!

Well already having two boys, 13 and 10 in the house, I've had practice at patience! Haha! It's a major adjustment for all of us but it'll work out, just have to give things a little time. I think it would be harder if we brought a girl into the mix. I figure within a month or two it should be back to the thunderdome like I'm used to with my two boys. Then I know it's going good!

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Kid hit the lotto man. Great to hear you had the means and ability to carry out this plan. That boy gets to grow up in Alaska now.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Righteous Ptar !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
Well already having two boys, 13 and 10 in the house, I've had practice at patience! Haha! It's a major adjustment for all of us but it'll work out, just have to give things a little time. I think it would be harder if we brought a girl into the mix. I figure within a month or two it should be back to the thunderdome like I'm used to with my two boys. Then I know it's going good!

A month or two?

That kid is in a whole new world. His mother is dead. Did he have a father figure, a male role model? So much of who we are for life is put in place by age five.

What household rules does he take for granted? If he becomes lonely, lost and depressed while you guys are whooping it up in the woods assuming he is having the same sort of experience you and your sons are who can he vent on?

Your “thunderdome as usual” is a completely alien world to that kid, specific to you, your wife and your sons.

It’ll be a year at least before you know how it’s working out.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Good on you and your wife Ptarm!

The kid is lucky to have you two and your boys to grow up with.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Most of the larger thing in life are a total leap of faith. Mearl Haggard had a plaque on the wall. "Life is fragile, handle with prayer".

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,353 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,233
Posts18,466,666
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.