-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I keep reminding my wife how lucky she was to have found me.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Damn straight Sam, I remind my wife on a regular basis she won the man prize......... and she agree's..... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Mine was a birthday present. I came off a long stint on a forest fire the day before my birthday 29 years ago. For my birthday I went out alone, all my friends were off fighting other fires, had a nice steak dinner and went in the lounge to listen to some country music and dance a little. I was drinking coffee because I expected to get called out again for another fire. Etta and her friend were there drinking coke and dancing. The guy who kept asking her to dance was a clumsy oaf and pretty well in the bag. I beat him to the punch on the next song and got her out on the dance floor. We spent the rest of the night dancing and talking. Her friend told her to "get his number, he seems healthy." We exchanged numbers. I halfway expected it to be a bogus number but resolved to call her Wednesday and ask her out. She called me on Tuesday. We've been together since that day. And still like each other.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Church festival back in 93. Haven’t been able to get rid of her since 😜

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Met mine on a street corner when I was a senior in high school. Me and a few buds were hanging out one snowy Sunday afternoon on the main drag and these 2 chicks drove by. I threw a snowball at them and they stopped to talk. I ask them if they wanted to go and get a coke. I married the Redhead 44 years ago. I was 18 and She was 19.

lightman
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Every 10,000 posts, a campfire member gets divorced or gets drunk and backs over his dog.

I must be an anomaly.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mart
Mine was a birthday present. I came off a long stint on a forest fire the day before my birthday 29 years ago. For my birthday I went out alone, all my friends were off fighting other fires, had a nice steak dinner and went in the lounge to listen to some country music and dance a little. I was drinking coffee because I expected to get called out again for another fire. Etta and her friend were there drinking coke and dancing. The guy who kept asking her to dance was a clumsy oaf and pretty well in the bag. I beat him to the punch on the next song and got her out on the dance floor. We spent the rest of the night dancing and talking. Her friend told her to "get his number, he seems healthy." We exchanged numbers. I halfway expected it to be a bogus number but resolved to call her Wednesday and ask her out. She called me on Tuesday. We've been together since that day. And still like each other.

Super nice mart.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A neighbour boy about my age had moved out of the area. When I was 19 he moved back into the area about 10 miles away. I dropped in to see him and guess who lived in the house next door! That was 64 years ago. Had our 61st anniversary on July 26,2019. I think that says it all.

Jim

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson

She is a special needs teacher, correct?
She's used to to weird statements.....

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We met Aug 4, 1975, my first day at a new job. Tried to call her for 2 - 3 months, she was never home. Decided she was avoiding me but decided to call one more time. She was home. First date was the night before Thanksgiving 1975. Three weeks later we were engaged. Married in July 1976, just had anniversary #43 last month.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
IC B3

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
O boy, even my kids don't know most of this. I worked for Mont. Wards as a dept manager and my current wife worked for me. I was in a bad marriage of 4 years to my high school girl friend. She turned out to be a controlling and selfish woman and I was really looking for a graceful way out. Enter wife #2. Easily the most beautiful 18 yo Italian I had ever laid an eye on. A stunning girl who was in a year old relationship with a rich wanna be cowboy. She and I hit it off from the beginning so one day I half joking ask her if she wanted to meet me after work and to my surprise she accepted. So the torrid affair began. Moved out from wife #1 and shortly discovered that she was expecting our first child. Throwing caution to the wind, I filed for a divorce. Wife #1 fought hard for a year but I was smitten and determined. An expensive lesson to be sure. I got out of divorce court at 12 am on a Wed mourning and with new love in tow raced from Phoenix to Las Vegas in my old yellow Ford truck and got to Las Vegas Just before 5 pm, grabbed a marriage lic, found a church and a minister and we were hitched. I was a single man for 5 1/2 hours. One week from today we will celebrate our 52nd anniversary. All her friends and my family were wrong. It did last!

Bill

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Fall of '82, I was 26, she was a year younger (single mother) with a five year old daughter.

Her Uncle was married to my Aunt and we have cousins in common. Labor Day weekend I actually met her at her Grandma's funeral. And I was thoroughly entranced. Her Uncle knew I was smitten, and also knew the young lady needed a good man in her life. So he asked me to go along on woodcutting trips each weekend through Sept. It turned out we were taking along this young lady, her sisters, her daughter, and their parents, as my future in-laws used a wood burning stove

The more time I spent around her, the more impressed I was with her attributes as a Mother, and besides she was just sexy as hell. Five foot seven with thick reddish brown hair down past her butt. And she was not bashful about swinging a 6 lb splitting maul or helping load several cord of wood in a day.

But I was pretty shy. And after the father of her daughter abandoned the two of them as soon as he found out she was pregnant, she was not adventurous about getting into a relationship.

So after about six weeks of being together every weekend surrounded by family, I talked her into going to a drive-in movie. LOL, accompanied by her 15 year old sister sitting between us in an '82 Toyota pickup.

So finally about the end of October, after two months of her Uncle inventing occasions, every weekend, for us to be together, we were "an item".

This lovely young lady who would become my bride, fixed Thanksgiving Dinner for her family together with mine.

At my family's Christmas party that year with my Aunts and Uncles and cousins, I announced my intention of marrying her. She did me the favor of agreeing to the wedding which was held Feb 13. A day before Valentine's Day, so it will never be forgotten.

So yes, met her on Sept 1. Started paying her rent and utilities on Nov 1. Engagement announced on Christmas, and married by Valentines Day. 36 years ago.

I think she figures at this point, she is stuck with me.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some very smart and very cute little college girl, whom I hardly knew, needed a date for a Sadie Hawkins hayride event sponsored by her "sorority" at the beginning of the college year. She asked me to be her date. We had a fine evening and, in the weeks that followed, started spending more and more time together - became very close. We were married 11 months after that first date and - if I make it until August 2020 - we will celebrate our 60th anniversary. What a blessing !!

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CCCC
Some very smart and very cute little college girl, whom I hardly knew, needed a date for a Sadie Hawkins hayride event sponsored by her "sorority" at the beginning of the college year. She asked me to be her date. We had a fine evening and, in the weeks that followed, started spending more and more time together - became very close. We were married 11 months after that first date and - if I make it until August 2020 - we will celebrate our 60th anniversary. What a blessing !!

Congratulations!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was at the grocery store and had to pee.
As I walked up to the bathroom door, it opened and
a cute young employee walked out.
Stepping in, it stunk real bad, I turned to leave and slipped,
fell, hitting my head on the floor.

When I came to, she was kneeling over me and,

I thought she was an angel!

That was my off the cuff dinnertime story when my 10 year old daughter
ask us how we met. Wife hates that story.

Truth,
she did work that store, with my sister.
My sister really liked her and they had worked together a couple years, so
when situations worked, she set us up a blind date. I had noticed a cute
blonde girl there a couple times, but had no idea if it was her. It was.

That was 26 years ago, been married 24 next month. Two kids, several good dogs,
I wish I was what she deserves. But she seems to love me, and I wouldn't want
another darn woman if I didn't have her.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Met at high school in '79, we were 13.

Started dating in '82 @ 16.

Married in '88 @ 22.

2 children & half a word away, 53 years young, it will be our 31st anniversary in 2 weeks !

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yes, I know I married up & I count my blessings, every single day !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
42 years ago in October.

She was managing a 7-11 store and i had just moved back to Biloxi MS,after living in Houston for 3 years.

Sometimes it seems like yesterday and times seems like it has always been.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Lots of great stories, I enjoy reading them!!!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Some of them just prove that we can get lucky.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Never been married.......no kids that I know of.....living the dream......

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

173 members (35, 6mmCreedmoor, 257 roberts, 2UP, 44mc, 10Glocks, 22 invisible), 2,202 guests, and 868 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,706
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.