Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jpterry
And that proves what???... Absolutely zero when it comes to what a 1937 pre war M70 is worth. But hey, couple on nice pre64 stocks... Good for you buddy.

More than happy to come back and show what it sells for in a week on GB.

Well, good luck with the sale. Like the car dealers say, there is an ass for every seat, but if is sells for more than a $1000, it means absolutely zero when compared to what it is actually worth. See how that works....

Last edited by battue; 09/15/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

J
Jpterry Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by battue
And that proves what???... Absolutely zero when it comes to what a 1937 pre war M70 is worth. But hey, couple on nice pre64 stocks... Good for you buddy.

More than happy to come back and show what it sells for in a week on GB.

Well, good luck with the sale. Like the car dealers say, there is an ass for every seat, but if is sells for more than a $1000, it means absolutely zero when compared to what it is actually worth. See how that works....

Ok gotcha... So a couple of guys on a sub forum in 24hr overrides the largest gun auction site in the world when it comes to establishing value of a firearm. Again... hilarious and delusional.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You are the one who came here with your hat in your hand....

J
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
You are the one who came here with your hat in your hand....

I thanked the members that actually gave knowledgeable insight and value to the thread.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You're welcome....

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
You're welcome....

You must have misread my last post... Try again

Last edited by Jpterry; 09/15/19.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'll leave you with this. You are pushing a barely above beater pre 64. Anyone that pays more than beater dollars got taken....Doesn't mean you will not get your price, but they still got taken.

J
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I'll leave you with this. You are pushing a barely above beater pre 64. Anyone that pays more than beater dollars got taken....Doesn't mean you will not get your price, but they still got taken.

Thanks for confirming to myself and everyone that reads this thread you have zero knowledge or credibility when it comes to rating a firearm or understand the value of Pre War/64 Model 70s.

Beater condition...too funny. Thanks again for another nice laugh to end the night. But at least you bumped up your post count, go find another thread to sling your crap.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Did you mention pre-wars....Drilled, filler and a pad, maybe $1000 on a good day....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

J
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Did you mention pre-wars....Drilled, filler and a pad, maybe $1000 on a good day....

Probably right, the stock has been cut and not original takes at least $2-300 off the value. Missing sights as well, that's at least another $100-200.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Correct.

And yours? Beater stock, beater bluing, beater marks on the receiver. Who knows what the rifling is like? It all deducts down to a beater. Then again, many find attraction in a well weathered example. You know, the if it could tell it’s stories buyer. And that one most certainly and obviously has some stories to tell.

You run down some of the posters on this forum, but came here for their advice and knowledge. Why, if you are the pre war 70 expert?

Got what I needed from this thread...thanks for replies Glad to know it's all original outside of the drill/tap and will l list it accordingly. That was main thing I needed to know.

Last edited by battue; 09/16/19.

J
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Correct.

And yours? Beater stock, beater bluing, beater marks on the receiver. Who knows what the rifling is like? It all deducts down to a beater. Then again, many find attraction in a well weathered example. You know, the if it could tell it’s stories buyer. And that one most certainly and obviously has some stories to tell.

You run down some of the posters on this forum, but came here for their advice and knowledge. Why, if you are the pre war 70 expert?

Got what I needed from this thread...thanks for replies Glad to know it's all original outside of the drill/tap and will l list it accordingly. That was main thing I needed to know.

Bluing is excellent on the receiver/barrel on my 1937 M70 which is obvious by my pics. It was carried on hinge plate and trigger and yes bluing is worn there. The stock has zero chips or cracks and not been cut, finish is very good for a 80+ yr old rifle.

Keeping with your beater comments just makes you look childish and ignorant. But I'm flattered you're so enamoured with my rifle and thread.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Facts are the facts. Tell us about those scratches on the receiver. Let’s see a nice close up of the barrel. No wood cracks that we can see, but many dings and scratches. Checkering almost gone in one spot. Finish is good for an 80YO user, but I guarantee you, that if it gets snowed on for a day, it will turn white in the wear spots till it drys out. Floor plate and trigger guard chewed up, but the barrel escaped?

The old Fire line of being enamored with your thread is a worn out comeback, that at most is funny and at best weak.

You have an honest $800-900 rifle to a user buyer, and being a fine rifle, it would be a great buy for that purpose. Any more is a bonus for you.

You have the customary 3 day return policy?

Last edited by battue; 09/16/19.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Did this rascal sell? How much?

I must say that I saw the ad once and noticed the lack of pictures showing the scratch on the receiver that was displayed here. I hope the buyer had requested more pics and that one was included.

There is a dusy preWar for sale there at $3499.00 or there abouts. The metal is original finish but far from mint, rear bridge drilled, and Tilden Safety, very late, post 1947 Lyman 48 on that too. The stock is a refinish with fresh checkering. Gun Broker pre 64's never cease to amaze me. So much treachery there.

Last edited by sbrmike; 09/23/19. Reason: addition

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor Member
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Holy schidt, the rifle is, like battue said, barely above beater status. How much did it sell for? Weve all seen some funny schidt go down on gb. A lot of ignorant fools there.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Yeah, GB needs a 24HCF rating system, "primo collector", "user", "beater"' & "piece of shidt" and then end the auction when it reaches the price set by selected members here. wink

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Weve all seen people get taken on GB. A lot of ignorant buyers. The bad thing is ive seen it happen to some guys here. Someone will post a beautiful 300H&H, for example, and say something like, "hey guys, what do you think about my new 300H&H, I just bought it over at gunbroker". Then we'll break the bad news to the poor guy that his H&H was a "put together", rifle. They then ask, "how do you guys know that so quick". "Surely you guys are wrong!!!". We then explain, look at the receiver, its a standard receiver. They never made an H&H on a standard receiver. Sorry, but you got taken.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Members saying it was a beater are idiots, plain and simple. Obviously they have zero knowledge or credibility on values of M70s, especially pre war models. The rifle was carried more than shot, bore was outstanding as well as bluing outside of hinge plate.

Stock was in great shape, zero chips or guages... Just light dings and scratches which were great for a freaking 83yr old Rifle. No need for me to call out any of the butt sore posters in this thread... obvious who they are. So sorry I didn't list it for $800 buy it now... Lol.

Last edited by Jpterry; 09/23/19.
J
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Weve all seen people get taken on GB. A lot of ignorant buyers. The bad thing is ive seen it happen to some guys here. Someone will post a beautiful 300H&H, for example, and say something like, "hey guys, what do you think about my new 300H&H, I just bought it over at gunbroker". Then we'll break the bad news to the poor guy that his H&H was a "put together", rifle. They then ask, "how do you guys know that so quick". "Surely you guys are wrong!!!". We then explain, look at the receiver, its a standard receiver. They never made an H&H on a standard receiver. Sorry, but you got taken.

Another idiotic and worthless post that has nothing to do with this thread or the rifle I sold. If you're calling me out that I misrepresented the rifle, then we have another issue we need to discuss.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,685 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,626
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.